Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-19-2009, 18:01   #1341
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
The sleep of the just my dear! More gentle ones for when you wake up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
May your rest be peaceful and filled with ONLY good dreams.
Well that didn't work out like you gentlemen wanted. I got about an hour and a half before a bad dream woke me up . So I'll collect those now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe I know I've been busy for a few days but I wanted to check in with you here. Keep talking.
I'm talking..... or rather, I'm typing. I'm answering something a bit longer that I'll post in a bit unless I think I can get back to sleep.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 18:23   #1342
Zonny

I'd sing you a lullaby but when my son was 4, he used to say, "please don't sing to me Mommy."
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 18:29   #1343
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Well that didn't work out like you gentlemen wanted. I got about an hour and a half before a bad dream woke me up . So I'll collect those now

I'm talking..... or rather, I'm typing. I'm answering something a bit longer that I'll post in a bit unless I think I can get back to sleep.
I'm sorry you couldn't sleep Miss Lone_.
Old 11-19-2009, 18:33   #1344
Nicko
GTDS FOR LIFE

Send a message via AIM to Nicko Send a message via Yahoo to Nicko
Not really sure what the flower was in the last pic I sent, I just think the animated stuff is really cool. Hope you enjoy.

Okie Memorial Area

<<<<Was "beat in" to join GTDS
"Nicko your ignored too, so if that last message was a insult which I expect nothing less then I cant see it."........Porterhouse83
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 20:04   #1345
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
I'd sing you a lullaby but when my son was 4, he used to say, "please don't sing to me Mommy."
Quote:
I'm sorry you couldn't sleep Miss Lone_.
Hi Zonny!

Go ahead and sing to me. And maybe some sweet guy like 23skidoo can hold me and rock me to sleep. I'll bet that would do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Not really sure what the flower was in the last pic I sent, I just think the animated stuff is really cool. Hope you enjoy. : wavey:
That's cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post

A sweet story about being needed...
THIS IS SO TRUE, BEING NEEDED IS SO UPLIFTING TO EACH OF US.

I read this and was thinking about it Sunday while I was in church and off and on ever since then. We all need to be needed. As much as I need all of you that are here in my life right now, I also need to be needed. Maybe to give some of you a little inspiration, maybe just to need each of you and let you know that you are needed. I also think that idea of being needed was part of my decision to go back into the Army after being out over 20 years. And when I was approached and asked if I would do a tour in Afghanistan all the person making the request had to say was ďYou have a skill that we really need there right nowĒ. Then the same thing when my unit needed someone to go install and configure some equipment. They were supposed to just send up the equipment and have someone there install it, then configure it remotely, but thatís always had problems so they needed someone who could do the configuration onsite. ďOh and it would be great if we had someone who could also train the people there that will be using itĒ. Well guess who was the only person certified to both administer and train?......

It does feel good to be needed. Iíve done other things like flood and hurricane relief work just because of the good feeling it gives. One of the best feelings I ever had was when I was able to gather up several complete computer systems to send town to a town in Mississippi that was destroyed by Katrina. The person receiving them on behalf of the town had tears in her eyes as she told me they would be set up to allow people to get online to contact family and let them know they were OK. Itís funny, but Iím kind of selfish, doing things like that because it makes ME feel good. Why do I matter in a circumstance like that?

BTW, Reagan is so beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottnJP View Post
LW, it sounds like the part that scares you the most is the part where someone else could have chosen to quit, and your 5% or 10% wouldn't have been enough to pull you through on your own.
And I don't have a better answer for that then the insane/beautiful thing that is the human experience. Fact is, we depend on other people to do right by us, to some degree, every day. Anyone who has been out under the knife for some complex surgery has had that experience in which their survival depended on someone else doing their job well. Every time we hit the highway our survival depends on a combination of our defensive driving and everyone else's driving skills.

At some point, it would drive us nuts to think of all the things that someone else could do to punch our ticket, though, and you just have to trust that "The universe is unfolding as it should." You do the best you can with the things that are within your "sphere of control" and let the other things take care of themselves.

Probably easier to say that to do, however... : supergrin:
Could have chosen to quit of could have failed even with their best effort. I think that hits on a very good point. Because many medics would have quit or not had enough skill to do what I needed. Iíve never had a big problem with trusting people to do what they should do or know how to do. Iíve never been too bad about trusting most people not to do a negative, like the driver next to me swerve into my lane. Thatís not to say Iím not watchful, but Iíve had the same ďThe universe is unfolding as it shouldĒ thought many times in my life. Iím not sure how I really feel about it all yet, if it really scares me or not. Iím just not sure how I feel about having come so close, besides still a bit stunned by the realization. A part is like ďOh well, so what if I had diedĒ. Thereís the belief or hope that I would have gone to a better place than where I am and thatís nothing to fear. But knowing me I might go to Hell, who knows.

My shrink was pressing me a bit about how I feel about it all and I told her Iím still sorting all that out. Iíve finally accepted that it all happened, so thatís part of it. I know Iíve been pushing this part aside and refusing to think about it, but I canít help but wonder what right I have to be here and happy when another soldier died needlessly. Iím trying not to think about that for as long as I can so I donít have to feel it. At least part of me just wants to be glad I survived.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-19-2009, 20:08   #1346
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
You ARE needed and you ARE special.

DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:41   #1347
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Thank you Scott

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-20-2009, 03:29   #1348
okie
GT Mayor

Some kisses for ya sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:14   #1349
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

I'd be injured if I tried this with one of my boys

Okie Memorial Area
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:00   #1350
mad.gunsmith
Silver Membership
Life NRA member

Tank you for your Service!

Come home soon

Quote:
You, Sir, are already a hero in my eyes.
mad.gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 13:02   #1351
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Some kisses for ya sweetheart
Thank you sweetie. back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad.gunsmith View Post
Tank you for your Service!

Come home soon
Thank you mad.gunsmith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
I'd be injured if I tried this with one of my boys
Awwwwwwwwwwww. I used to have a Siamese boy who was a bit like this one. I had him trained not to right himself when I dropped him upside-down onto my couch from 2-3 feet up. He knew if he landed on his back he would get a tummy rub.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-20-2009, 14:56   #1352
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

You know I've come to the conclusion that my Doctor's pretty cool. Besides all the stuff I've told you about previously he does little things like keep me asleep longer if there's a rain front rolling in. Today I went in for my physical therapy which always leaves me hurting afterward, and he ran into me in the hallway. Yesterday was a day off from the therapy and today was dry and a bit warmer than it has been so I was feeling better than I had in a couple weeks at least. Well he walks in with me and tells the medic waiting for me that I could have the day off again. He said it would do me more good just to walk around for a day not holding my chest from constant pain. I found myself agreeing with him. It was nice not to have to be stoned and wearing a hot water bottle after these last several days. Wish we all had docs this cool.

Well, it's about that time. Night folks.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-20-2009, 21:18   #1353
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Okie Memorial Area

I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 21:34   #1354
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
You know I've come to the conclusion that my Doctor's pretty cool. Besides all the stuff I've told you about previously he does little things like keep me asleep longer if there's a rain front rolling in. Today I went in for my physical therapy which always leaves me hurting afterward, and he ran into me in the hallway. Yesterday was a day off from the therapy and today was dry and a bit warmer than it has been so I was feeling better than I had in a couple weeks at least. Well he walks in with me and tells the medic waiting for me that I could have the day off again. He said it would do me more good just to walk around for a day not holding my chest from constant pain. I found myself agreeing with him. It was nice not to have to be stoned and wearing a hot water bottle after these last several days. Wish we all had docs this cool.

for your doc and gentle ones for you.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:41   #1355
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post

That's funny!!!

Quote:
: thumbsup: for your doc and gentle ones for you.
back to you

I agree, he's gotten to be pretty cool. I just back from being knocked out. this morning he asked me if I was sick of being a pincushion and I said I was but that it was better than when I would be if I weren't getting any sleep. He had to agree with that....

As soon as I woke up I could feel weather changing, but when I walked outside it's clear and sunny. Oh well, guess it won't be later. Or it'll be colder...

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-21-2009, 02:02   #1356
mnglocker
Rope Czar

Send a message via AIM to mnglocker

Morn'n LW.

mnglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:24   #1357
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnglocker View Post
Morn'n LW.
Hiya Handsome!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-21-2009, 09:27   #1358
dad2thebone
Hi caliber golf

LW,

Not sure what all you're going through, but this thread mentioned some songs and singing. Here's one I wrote when my life was going great. Maybe it'll lift your spirits and make ya laugh. Hopefully you'll be able to sing it yourself one day soon. It's called the "I ain't got the blues" blues. (Sung to the tune of the traditional old basic blues song).

Woke up this morning...in my kingsize bed.
Slipped into my slippers...kissed my girl on the head.
Strolled into the kitchen...with the sun comin' up...
I had EVERYTHING for breakfast, gourmet coffee in my cup.

Chorus:
I got the 'I ain't got the blues' blues
Every nite and every day.
No work and all play.
Every time I look around me,
I see things are goin' my way

Now I had some troubles...but I forgot what they were.
My girl calls me 'sweetheart'...my boss calls me 'sir'.
Get into my new car...starts up every time.
My head is full of folly and my closet's full of wine.

Chorus:
Every nite and every day.
No work and all play.
Every time I look around me,
I see things are goin' my way.

Come home in the evenin'...with the sun settin' low.
My baby's all dressed up...with no place to go.
I'd ask what she's thinkin...but I already know,
She wants to show me that she love me, just in case I didn't know!

She gimme them I aint got the blues blues,
Every night and every day.
She gimme them I aint got the blues blues,
No work and all play.
Every time I look around me, I see things are goin' my way!

LW, I've had some serious sickness and some deep heartache. I made it through by trusting in the promises of the Bible. There is one thing God can't do; He can't lie. He has promised to see you through anything if you'll trust Him. Hope you're better soon.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:46   #1359
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

Wolfe I'm glad your doctor is able to use a little descretion in treating you. I know how badly you need to have at least a little time not feeling the pain you have been. I know any reprieve is temporary right now but eventually you will get better if you deal with your psychological issues so your body can rest and heal itself. Keep talking and working on it.

dad2thebone I think you may have a future in songwriting. I like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 14:04   #1360
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2thebone View Post
LW,

Not sure what all you're going through, but this thread mentioned some songs and singing. Here's one I wrote when my life was going great. Maybe it'll lift your spirits and make ya laugh. Hopefully you'll be able to sing it yourself one day soon. It's called the "I ain't got the blues" blues. .......LW, I've had some serious sickness and some deep heartache. I made it through by trusting in the promises of the Bible. There is one thing God can't do; He can't lie. He has promised to see you through anything if you'll trust Him. Hope you're better soon.
Thanks for the song, Dad2thebone, that was nice.
I'm working on the trusting God and I think he's working on me to.... At least I hope he is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe I'm glad your doctor is able to use a little descretion in treating you. I know how badly you need to have at least a little time not feeling the pain you have been. I know any reprieve is temporary right now but eventually you will get better if you deal with your psychological issues so your body can rest and heal itself. Keep talking and working on it.

dad2thebone I think you may have a future in songwriting. I like that.
I'm glad he did that too, but the therapist sure made up for it today. As much as it hurts I know that this is the "No pain, No gain" type of pain. I have to go through it in order to get my breathing and all back to normal or anything close. I aggravated my injuries so many times during the time I was reacting to the meds that I pretty much had to start over a lot of this rehab stuff around the first of September because of all the time I lost. I'd like to be able to make up for some lost time, but if I push too hard it seems to do more harm than good. This is a lot of a step forward and a step back, but I've made a little progress in this area. I just need to grow some patience...... and fast!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!