okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:32   #1327
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
Well, there goes SR's power over you!

Hawk
Oh have no fear. I have things worse that bats. I have guns.

Wolfe I know I've been busy for a few days but I wanted to check in with you here. Keep talking.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 13:15   #1328
Nicko
GTDS FOR LIFE

Send a message via AIM to Nicko Send a message via Yahoo to Nicko
Okie Memorial Area

<<<<Was "beat in" to join GTDS
"Nicko your ignored too, so if that last message was a insult which I expect nothing less then I cant see it."........Porterhouse83
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 14:00   #1329
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpadrum View Post
Wow! Theres a Blues hit in there:

"When I woke up this mornin'
later than I thought it'd be
doc said "hard rain rolled in-
and I thought I'd let you be..."

Below is a message from my cousin, an expatriate Vietnam Vet, and a deacon at his small church- in Perth, AUS. (Both names obscured for security reasons)

"T$%## N@!%$":
"S%@^!@" is on our prayer list! Nothing is too difficult for God."
Barry"

And me, I'm still here hollerin' for my Sister!
hahaha, that's funny!

Thank you. And please tell Barry I said thank you also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Oh have no fear. I have things worse that bats. I have guns.

Wolfe I know I've been busy for a few days but I wanted to check in with you here. Keep talking.: wavey:
Does anyone here know HOW MANY GUNS she has?!?!?!

I normally try to write more before I go in for my nightís sleep, but tonight I tried and just started at my keyboard for a while. I think Iím just sorting out how I feel about things and my mind is spinning faster than I can put into words today. Some good thoughts, still some shocked realization, a lot of bad, ugly thoughts all running around together, and right now I can bring myself to articulate them. I will because I know I need to.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 00:20   #1330
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Best of luck to ya LW sweetheart: kiss:
Thanky okie. Best of luck with your job situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
I'll try and hold ones head in the scanner later and send it to you: whistling:

: wavey:
Can I also see pics of the nubs you'll be sportin' in place of hands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Okie Memorial Area
Nicko, that's beautiful! What kind of flower is it?

I swear the the temperature here is falling faster than Detroit real estate prices!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 11-19-2009 at 00:22..
Old 11-19-2009, 02:36   #1331
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
hahaha, that's funny!

Thank you. And please tell Barry I said thank you also.

I normally try to write more before I go in for my nightís sleep, but tonight I tried and just started at my keyboard for a while. I think Iím just sorting out how I feel about things and my mind is spinning faster than I can put into words today. Some good thoughts, still some shocked realization, a lot of bad, ugly thoughts all running around together, and right now I can bring myself to articulate them. I will because I know I need to.
The sleep of the just for Miss Lone_. The love and pride you inspire on this board approach devotion. Please don't forget that. It might help chase away some of those bad, ugly thoughts one night. More gentle ones my dear.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:32   #1332
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

Another day another HUG for you

Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:46   #1333
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
Another day another HUG for you: wavey:

back

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
The sleep of the just for Miss Lone_. The love and pride you inspire on this board approach devotion. Please don't forget that. It might help chase away some of those bad, ugly thoughts one night. More gentle ones my dear.
I hadn't thought of it that way. But if it chases away these demons in my head for even one night then it helps.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-19-2009, 09:20   #1334
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Are you paying attention Wolfe? These people still want to help you. You may have gotten over one hurdle but you have more to go and we are not leaving.

Quote:

I know how many guns I have.

You need to spit out some of what you said to me on the phone Wolfe. You need to deal with it and these people here are doing you more good than any of those shrinks you have there.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:17   #1335
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I know how many guns I have.

Are you paying attention Wolfe? These people still want to help you. You may have gotten over one hurdle but you have more to go and we are not leaving.

You need to spit out some of what you said to me on the phone Wolfe. You need to deal with it and these people here are doing you more good than any of those shrinks you have there.
How many? 85? 90? Either way, I don't want you mad at me.

You're right. I will later. I'm just bit troubled by the devotion comment, but I may be taking it wrong.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-19-2009, 11:32   #1336
engineer151515

Old 11-19-2009, 13:00   #1337
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
How many? 85? 90? Either way, I don't want you mad at me.

You're right. I will later. I'm just bit troubled by the devotion comment, but I may be taking it wrong.

What I meant by that comment in a nutshell is you are very important to very many of us on this board. I'll PM you later and try to explain it better.
Old 11-19-2009, 14:17   #1338
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Hi there! right back

Quote:
What I meant by that comment in a nutshell is you are very important to very many of us on this board. I'll PM you later and try to explain it better.
As I suspected it was just my messed up perceptions. With all the crazy stuff going on in the world today and my messed up head I guess I'm not surprised.

Thank you.

I'm going to try to sleep, it's midnight. It that doesn't work out I'll be back later.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-19-2009, 14:21   #1339
23skidoo
Deceased

The sleep of the just my dear! More gentle ones for when you wake up.
Old 11-19-2009, 14:21   #1340
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
Quote:
Hi there! right back

As I suspected it was just my messed up perceptions. With all the crazy stuff going on in the world today and my messed up head I guess I'm not surprised.

Thank you.

I'm going to try to sleep, it's midnight. It that doesn't work out I'll be back later.
May your rest be peaceful and filled with ONLY good dreams.

http://www.jw.org/
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 17:01   #1341
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
The sleep of the just my dear! More gentle ones for when you wake up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DScottHewitt View Post
May your rest be peaceful and filled with ONLY good dreams.
Well that didn't work out like you gentlemen wanted. I got about an hour and a half before a bad dream woke me up . So I'll collect those now

Quote:
Wolfe I know I've been busy for a few days but I wanted to check in with you here. Keep talking.
I'm talking..... or rather, I'm typing. I'm answering something a bit longer that I'll post in a bit unless I think I can get back to sleep.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-19-2009, 17:23   #1342
Zonny

I'd sing you a lullaby but when my son was 4, he used to say, "please don't sing to me Mommy."
Old 11-19-2009, 17:29   #1343
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Well that didn't work out like you gentlemen wanted. I got about an hour and a half before a bad dream woke me up . So I'll collect those now

I'm talking..... or rather, I'm typing. I'm answering something a bit longer that I'll post in a bit unless I think I can get back to sleep.
I'm sorry you couldn't sleep Miss Lone_.
Old 11-19-2009, 17:33   #1344
Nicko
GTDS FOR LIFE

Send a message via AIM to Nicko Send a message via Yahoo to Nicko
Not really sure what the flower was in the last pic I sent, I just think the animated stuff is really cool. Hope you enjoy.

Okie Memorial Area

<<<<Was "beat in" to join GTDS
"Nicko your ignored too, so if that last message was a insult which I expect nothing less then I cant see it."........Porterhouse83
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 19:04   #1345
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
I'd sing you a lullaby but when my son was 4, he used to say, "please don't sing to me Mommy."
Quote:
I'm sorry you couldn't sleep Miss Lone_.
Hi Zonny!

Go ahead and sing to me. And maybe some sweet guy like 23skidoo can hold me and rock me to sleep. I'll bet that would do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Not really sure what the flower was in the last pic I sent, I just think the animated stuff is really cool. Hope you enjoy. : wavey:
That's cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post

A sweet story about being needed...
THIS IS SO TRUE, BEING NEEDED IS SO UPLIFTING TO EACH OF US.

I read this and was thinking about it Sunday while I was in church and off and on ever since then. We all need to be needed. As much as I need all of you that are here in my life right now, I also need to be needed. Maybe to give some of you a little inspiration, maybe just to need each of you and let you know that you are needed. I also think that idea of being needed was part of my decision to go back into the Army after being out over 20 years. And when I was approached and asked if I would do a tour in Afghanistan all the person making the request had to say was ďYou have a skill that we really need there right nowĒ. Then the same thing when my unit needed someone to go install and configure some equipment. They were supposed to just send up the equipment and have someone there install it, then configure it remotely, but thatís always had problems so they needed someone who could do the configuration onsite. ďOh and it would be great if we had someone who could also train the people there that will be using itĒ. Well guess who was the only person certified to both administer and train?......

It does feel good to be needed. Iíve done other things like flood and hurricane relief work just because of the good feeling it gives. One of the best feelings I ever had was when I was able to gather up several complete computer systems to send town to a town in Mississippi that was destroyed by Katrina. The person receiving them on behalf of the town had tears in her eyes as she told me they would be set up to allow people to get online to contact family and let them know they were OK. Itís funny, but Iím kind of selfish, doing things like that because it makes ME feel good. Why do I matter in a circumstance like that?

BTW, Reagan is so beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottnJP View Post
LW, it sounds like the part that scares you the most is the part where someone else could have chosen to quit, and your 5% or 10% wouldn't have been enough to pull you through on your own.
And I don't have a better answer for that then the insane/beautiful thing that is the human experience. Fact is, we depend on other people to do right by us, to some degree, every day. Anyone who has been out under the knife for some complex surgery has had that experience in which their survival depended on someone else doing their job well. Every time we hit the highway our survival depends on a combination of our defensive driving and everyone else's driving skills.

At some point, it would drive us nuts to think of all the things that someone else could do to punch our ticket, though, and you just have to trust that "The universe is unfolding as it should." You do the best you can with the things that are within your "sphere of control" and let the other things take care of themselves.

Probably easier to say that to do, however... : supergrin:
Could have chosen to quit of could have failed even with their best effort. I think that hits on a very good point. Because many medics would have quit or not had enough skill to do what I needed. Iíve never had a big problem with trusting people to do what they should do or know how to do. Iíve never been too bad about trusting most people not to do a negative, like the driver next to me swerve into my lane. Thatís not to say Iím not watchful, but Iíve had the same ďThe universe is unfolding as it shouldĒ thought many times in my life. Iím not sure how I really feel about it all yet, if it really scares me or not. Iím just not sure how I feel about having come so close, besides still a bit stunned by the realization. A part is like ďOh well, so what if I had diedĒ. Thereís the belief or hope that I would have gone to a better place than where I am and thatís nothing to fear. But knowing me I might go to Hell, who knows.

My shrink was pressing me a bit about how I feel about it all and I told her Iím still sorting all that out. Iíve finally accepted that it all happened, so thatís part of it. I know Iíve been pushing this part aside and refusing to think about it, but I canít help but wonder what right I have to be here and happy when another soldier died needlessly. Iím trying not to think about that for as long as I can so I donít have to feel it. At least part of me just wants to be glad I survived.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-19-2009, 19:08   #1346
DScottHewitt
EMT-B

Send a message via AIM to DScottHewitt Send a message via Yahoo to DScottHewitt
You ARE needed and you ARE special.

http://www.jw.org/
DScottHewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 00:41   #1347
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Thank you Scott

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-20-2009, 02:29   #1348
okie
GT Mayor

Some kisses for ya sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:14   #1349
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

I'd be injured if I tried this with one of my boys

Okie Memorial Area
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:00   #1350
mad.gunsmith
Silver Membership
Life NRA member

Tank you for your Service!

Come home soon
You, Sir, are already a hero in my eyes.
mad.gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!