Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-07-2009, 13:29   #1
ENDOtactical
GT Sponsor

iGoogle Themes - Gun / Military Related

Hi Guys,

I have used iGoogle as my homepage for the last few years, and it seems like there are no good themes catering to our interests.

A couple of days ago I was messing around, and I came across the themes section of the Google labs API and decided to take a stab at making a couple of my own.

I noticed that there may be some bugs with the color selection if you are using the older version of iGoogle. And there seems to be an issue with the repeated footer graphic not lining up in IE6 which I believe is an iGoogle issue and not my programing, but ill look into it.

Anyway, here are the two I made up. I tried to keep them simple, with colors that make sense.

GLOCK theme:

Tech Talk

http://www.google.com/ig/directory?h...ticalTheme.xml

ACUPAT theme (similar to the look of my website):

Tech Talk

http://www.google.com/ig/directory?h...icalTheme1.xml

I will be taking suggestions on improvements, and other themes anyone would like to see. I will update this thread every time I create a new theme or modify the existing ones.

Let me know what you think!

-Mike

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Gun Blog:

Last edited by ENDOtactical; 08-07-2009 at 13:44.. Reason: added screenshots
ENDOtactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 18:49   #2
grokdesigns

I started using the ACU one, nice job!
grokdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:35   #3
dglockster

The GLOCK theme works great and looks great!
Thanks.

Lone Star Glockers #3236, Top Guns 357Sig Club #3226, Niner #2632, .40 S&W Club #2332, Kalashnikov Klub 11147, Wheelhouse #2357
dglockster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:16   #4
RED64CJ5

Wow. I have been looking for a while.... These are awesome.
RED64CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 17:48   #5
ENDOtactical
GT Sponsor

Thanks for the compliments.

Here is another one you guys might like ( unless you only like glocks :P )

Tech Talk

http://www.google.com/ig/directory?h...rettaTheme.xml

YouTube:

Twitter:

Gun Blog:

Old 09-12-2009, 11:27   #6
ENDOtactical
GT Sponsor

Another one that got approved:

Tech Talk

http://www.google.com/ig/directory?h...dsdenTheme.xml

YouTube:

Twitter:

Gun Blog:

Old 09-13-2009, 09:57   #7
dglockster

Keep up the good work!

All are excellent.

Just a thought: you should also post in the "General Glocking" forum.

Lone Star Glockers #3236, Top Guns 357Sig Club #3226, Niner #2632, .40 S&W Club #2332, Kalashnikov Klub 11147, Wheelhouse #2357

Last edited by dglockster; 09-14-2009 at 06:32..
Old 09-14-2009, 08:00   #8
MavsX
The Dude Abides

cool idea man. i've been using the matrix one for awhile now..but i'm gonna switch now to the ACU..thanks dude
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 20:31   #9
AJSully421
Armed Citizen

is there any way to make the ACU one darker, or at least not fade at the bottom?

I like the glock one!
AJSully421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:56   #10
dglockster

ENDOtactical,
I really enjoy your iGoogle themes and have a suggestion for another one.

As you may (or may not) remember, Texas declared its independence from Mexico on March 2,1836. Nearly everyone has heard of the Battle of the Alamo but there were other important battles as well.

One of which was the Battle of Gonzales. This was the first military engagement of the Texas Revolution and was fought near the Mexican Texas town of Gonzales on October 2, 1835 between rebellious Texian (we weren’t “Texans” then) settlers and a detachment of Mexican army troops.

Four years previously, Mexican authorities had given the settlers of Gonzales a small cannon to help protect them from frequent Comanche raids. As Mexican president Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna assumed more dictatorial powers, federalists throughout the country began to protest. As the unrest spread, the commander of all Mexican troops in Texas, Colonel Domingo de Ugartechea felt it unwise to leave the residents of Gonzales a weapon and requested its return.

When the initial request was refused, Colonel Ugartechea sent 100 dragoons to retrieve the cannon; these men were ordered to use force only if necessary. They arrived near Gonzales on September 29. Colonists asked them to wait until the local alcalde (mayor) returned, and then secretly sent messengers to request assistance from nearby communities. Up to 140 Texians gathered in Gonzales over the next two days, all determined not to give up the cannon. As a symbol of defiance, the Texians had fashioned a flag containing the phrase “Come and Take It” along with a black star and an image of the cannon which they were refusing to surrender. Although the Mexican soldiers had made no threatening moves except attempting to cross the Guadalupe River after they were told not to, on October 2 the Texians attacked and the Mexican soldiers soon withdrew to Bexar (the county in which San Antonio is now located).

Although it was minor as a military engagement, the skirmish marked a clear break between the American colonists and the Mexican government, and is considered to have been the start of the Texas Revolution. News of the skirmish spread throughout the United States, where it was often referred to as the "Lexington of Texas".

So my suggestion is an iGoogle theme similar to the “Don’t Tread on Me” theme using the "Come and Take It" motif.

The flag fashioned by those early Texians looked like this:

Tech Talk

Last edited by dglockster; 09-18-2009 at 13:09..
Old 09-18-2009, 13:45   #11
ENDOtactical
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglockster View Post
ENDOtactical,
I really enjoy your iGoogle themes and have a suggestion for another one.

As you may (or may not) remember, Texas declared its independence from Mexico on March 2,1836. Nearly everyone has heard of the Battle of the Alamo but there were other important battles as well.

One of which was the Battle of Gonzales. This was the first military engagement of the Texas Revolution and was fought near the Mexican Texas town of Gonzales on October 2, 1835 between rebellious Texian (we weren’t “Texans” then) settlers and a detachment of Mexican army troops.

Four years previously, Mexican authorities had given the settlers of Gonzales a small cannon to help protect them from frequent Comanche raids. As Mexican president Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna assumed more dictatorial powers, federalists throughout the country began to protest. As the unrest spread, the commander of all Mexican troops in Texas, Colonel Domingo de Ugartechea felt it unwise to leave the residents of Gonzales a weapon and requested its return.

When the initial request was refused, Colonel Ugartechea sent 100 dragoons to retrieve the cannon; these men were ordered to use force only if necessary. They arrived near Gonzales on September 29. Colonists asked them to wait until the local alcalde (mayor) returned, and then secretly sent messengers to request assistance from nearby communities. Up to 140 Texians gathered in Gonzales over the next two days, all determined not to give up the cannon. As a symbol of defiance, the Texians had fashioned a flag containing the phrase “Come and Take It” along with a black star and an image of the cannon which they were refusing to surrender. Although the Mexican soldiers had made no threatening moves except attempting to cross the Guadalupe River after they were told not to, on October 2 the Texians attacked and the Mexican soldiers soon withdrew to Bexar (the county in which San Antonio is now located).

Although it was minor as a military engagement, the skirmish marked a clear break between the American colonists and the Mexican government, and is considered to have been the start of the Texas Revolution. News of the skirmish spread throughout the United States, where it was often referred to as the "Lexington of Texas".

So my suggestion is an iGoogle theme similar to the “Don’t Tread on Me” theme using the "Come and Take It" motif.

The flag fashioned by those early Texians looked like this:

Tech Talk
Good idea! I'll come up with something when I get a chance, and email you a link to check out before I submit it to google.

Is there anything else you would like to see on the theme besides the come and take it graphic and the phrase? Unfortunately the only place google allows us to customize is the header and the footer.. nothing special can go in the middle or the sidebar.

-Mike

YouTube:

Twitter:

Gun Blog:

Old 09-18-2009, 13:47   #12
ENDOtactical
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJSully421 View Post
is there any way to make the ACU one darker, or at least not fade at the bottom?

I like the glock one!
I'll consider coming up with a darker ACU one sometime. I think it partially depends what kind of setting you have your monitor on though, because i have an ACU patrol hat sitting beside me right now and it looks almost identical to the shading/coloring on it.

-Mike

YouTube:

Twitter:

Gun Blog:

Old 09-19-2009, 14:36   #13
RustyShackelford
> OD Glock 32 <

Fantastic, EndoTactical!! I have switched to the Glock representation for mine.
TOP GUN 357SIG, Florida Glocker Clubs member #420

, straight stock (so far)
----------------------------
Ray Zalinsky: "What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public."
RustyShackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:27   #14
dglockster

What about this?
Quote:
“Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.”
Sam Houston

Old 09-25-2009, 17:15   #15
ENDOtactical
GT Sponsor

Hey dglockster, they accepted it:

Tech Talk

http://www.google.com/ig/directory?h...akeItTheme.xml

I'll make those other colors sometime too when I get a chance

YouTube:

Twitter:

Gun Blog:

Old 09-26-2009, 09:08   #16
dglockster

Great!
Thank you for your time and effort in getting this accomplished. I'll start using it immediately.

Tags
endo tactical, endotactical, glock, igoogle, theme