Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-05-2009, 17:47   #381
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Well it seems that sleep isn't happening, at least for now, so I think I'll pass along my little Mandy's first story. Besides the saltwater that I've already gotten on her fur that is.....

Last night I went to the clinic for my bi-nightly (or is it semi-nightly?) knockout. I got there and ready a bit early and was walking around feeling a bit agitated. I saw a young soldier in the room next to mine who had badly broken her arm and shoulder. I walked in to say something to her with Mandy tucked under one arm. That girl never even looked at me, she just fixated on my kitty and whimpered “I love cats”. I handed my kitty over and I thought Mandy was going to have to get new stuffing the girl squeezed so hard with one arm. I checked with the medic and found out she wasn’t leaving until the next day so I told her I would leave Mandy with her for the night. The medic assured me I would get her back in the morning.

This morning after I wake up and am checked over and allowed to walk around I went into the girl’s room and she’s sound asleep with Mandy hugged tightly in her good arm. I didn’t have the heart to wake her so I picked up a book and sat there reading for a while. When she finally woke up she thanked me and handed over my kitty, but not before she planted about 50 kisses on her little face.

I swear Mandy had a little smile on her face when I left the clinic with her……
See there, that's one life you affected already. So glad to have you around yet.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 18:52   #382
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Well it seems that sleep isn't happening, at least for now, so I think I'll pass along my little Mandy's first story. Besides the saltwater that I've already gotten on her fur that is.....

Last night I went to the clinic for my bi-nightly (or is it semi-nightly?) knockout. I got there and ready a bit early and was walking around feeling a bit agitated. I saw a young soldier in the room next to mine who had badly broken her arm and shoulder. I walked in to say something to her with Mandy tucked under one arm. That girl never even looked at me, she just fixated on my kitty and whimpered “I love cats”. I handed my kitty over and I thought Mandy was going to have to get new stuffing the girl squeezed so hard with one arm. I checked with the medic and found out she wasn’t leaving until the next day so I told her I would leave Mandy with her for the night. The medic assured me I would get her back in the morning.

This morning after I wake up and am checked over and allowed to walk around I went into the girl’s room and she’s sound asleep with Mandy hugged tightly in her good arm. I didn’t have the heart to wake her so I picked up a book and sat there reading for a while. When she finally woke up she thanked me and handed over my kitty, but not before she planted about 50 kisses on her little face.

That's awesome LW honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 19:43   #383
Zonny

Quote:

Thank you for sharing that story. I'm glad Mandy is a 'goodwill' ambassador.

Until you said she was leaving tomorrow I was just about to buy another one
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:08   #384
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Thank you for sharing that story. I'm glad Mandy is a 'goodwill' ambassador.

Until you said she was leaving tomorrow I was just about to buy another one
If that girl had squeezed any harder I might have needed another one anyway.

And you're welcome. It was worth it to go without her for the night.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:45   #385
Buki192327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
See there, that's one life you affected already. So glad to have you around yet.
Quote:
If that girl had squeezed any harder I might have needed another one anyway.

And you're welcome. It was worth it to go without her for the night.
LW, sweetie, you are having positive affects on other peoples lives, and making progress with you own life. It is great to hear that you are making progress. All of us on here know that you can and will whip this problem.

You just keep fighting the good fight, and we will try to give you all the support, that you need. You can win this.

I am sure, that we can find another stuffed kitty, if you need or want one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:27   #386
Bumpadrum
zoom in & FOCUS

Sister, I think the key to understanding your friends ultimate sacrifice may be found here... The Soldiers Creed-

The Soldiers Creed
I am an American soldier.
I am a warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army values.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough,trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment, and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.

And those people you see standing near you just before you fall out...Angels.

Nice kitty story. Get well soon.

and now...

Company, FALL IN!
PRESENT ARMS
Old 09-06-2009, 13:45   #387
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpadrum View Post
Sister, I think the key to understanding your friends ultimate sacrifice may be found here... The Soldiers Creed-

The Soldiers Creed
I am a warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army values.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough,trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment, and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.

And those people you see standing near you just before you fall out...Angels.

Nice kitty story. Get well soon.

and now...

Company, FALL IN!
PRESENT ARMS
The Soldiers Creed is definitely a huge part of why he did what he did. The other part of the reason is because that’s the kind of person he was. I like to think I’d have done the same thing if our situations had been reversed. I know and understand that, but I still wish he’d stayed down for just a bit longer. I also know that anyone with any humanity in them would wish the same thing. The part of that’s human is what feels the regret and even guilt about it. I’m dealing with it a better now that I have been, it’s just taking time. And I am taking what you folks are saying to heart.

I like the thought of the people standing around me being GT’ers that are with me in spirit. But I’ll take Angels. When we sleep we are at our most vulnerable. That’s even more the case when I’m in an anesthesia induced sleep that no nightmare or external event can wake me from. I’ll tell you that’s it’s a bit scary, and those visions are very comforting. I had another 2 nights ago the same night Mandy was on loan. As the drugs started to take effect I felt myself trying to fight them off and then a hand pressed on my shoulder and someone there said “Relax, I’ll keep your back”. I hope things like that keep happening.

I’m working on the getting well part.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-06-2009, 14:29   #388
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I'm glad to have folks like you around too. back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buki192327 View Post
LW, sweetie, you are having positive affects on other peoples lives, and making progress with you own life. It is great to hear that you are making progress. All of us on here know that you can and will whip this problem.

You just keep fighting the good fight, and we will try to give you all the support, that you need. You can win this.

I am sure, that we can find another stuffed kitty, if you need or want one.
I can tell I’m making progress in recent days. I’ve been off all the drugs for a couple weeks that I was reacting so badly to and getting sleep every other night. It may be forced sleep, but that doesn’t seem to matter. I don’t get so exhausted that I feel defeated nearly as much. I’m really tired now because I couldn’t sleep at all last night, but I know in a little while that will change. Having the narcotics and anti-depressants out of my system is letting me start to see things clearer too. For the past several months I knew the pills were wreaking havoc with me, but didn’t realize just how badly. Now I think I should belt the docs who just kept making me take them even though I had a few really bad reactions even before the one that landed me in the hospital this last time. I think I’m finally going to turn the corner on these demons and start to win the battle. I don’t expect it to be easy or happen overnight, and the nightmares haven't let up yet, but I’m not giving up. The prayers and moral support I get here is really making a difference.

I don’t need another kitty, at least not yet. Mandy’s my baby and even though I’ve already matted her poor fur with saltwater she’s special to me. I didn’t mind loaning her on a night I was going to be out like a light anyway, the smile on that girl’s face was worth it.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 09-06-2009 at 14:32..
Old 09-06-2009, 15:46   #389
Slobberchops
WTF?!?!?

LW you keep getting the rest you need to get better....

somebody here is watching your back!

on_guard

"I am here to fight evil and exchange good-natured barbs" -The Tick
Slobberchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 00:38   #390
B. Somm
CLM Number 175
Lady B/Team OAF

Send a message via ICQ to B. Somm Send a message via AIM to B. Somm Send a message via Yahoo to B. Somm

Dang folks! There's some good stuff in here and now my eyes seem to have sprung a leak!

LW-
Glad that you're doing much better! I just wanted to check in and let you know that I am also still pulling for ya!

B.

P.S. I wonder if the one "holding your hand" is your fallen friend?

GSSF/Niner #141/Big Dawg #117/Grand Canyon Glockers #9/FM Lodge #50 and OAF #918
B. Somm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:03   #391
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Somm View Post
Dang folks! There's some good stuff in here and now my eyes seem to have sprung a leak!

LW-
Glad that you're doing much better! I just wanted to check in and let you know that I am also still pulling for ya!

B.

P.S. I wonder if the one "holding your hand" is your fallen friend?

I have known her for years and I'll admit I cried when I saw for myself the effect this has had on her.

It makes me want to cry in a different way when I see what you people are doing here. You people are incredible.

Slobberchops that is a nice looking Shepherd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:01   #392
okie
GT Mayor

More kisses for ya LW honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 20:10   #393
Buki192327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I have known her for years and I'll admit I cried when I saw for myself the effect this has had on her.

It makes me want to cry in a different way when I see what you people are doing here. You people are incredible.

Slobberchops that is a nice looking Shepherd.
Silent_Runner, my eyes spring a leak also, everytime I see some encouraging signs in the posts by Lone_Wolfe. Speaking for myself only, I know that I am not incredible. In LW, I see a lady, that needs moral support, prayers and encouragement. She is doing the tough part, we are only lending a hand to her. With what Lone_Wolfe, has done in protecting out country and my family, I would be a real scuz bucket, if I weren't willing to help her in any way I could. LW, is an inspiration for many, and she will win this battle. It is just a hand up, not a hand out, and many of us need that at times.

LW, these are for you.

Keep fighting the good battle. You are making progress and I know that is a very encouraging sign. You keep fighting the good battle, and I will keep up the prayers, good thoughts and moral support. I know that the others on here will also.

Slobberchops, very nice looking dog.

Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 22:15   #394
Slobberchops
WTF?!?!?

Hi LW!

Hope your doing better today!

Wut_me_no_snore
"I am here to fight evil and exchange good-natured barbs" -The Tick
Slobberchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 00:35   #395
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
More kisses for ya LW honey

Thank you sweetie, I need them today

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-08-2009, 00:42   #396
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Well I'm hitting the sack. Hope you sleep well LW. Sweet dreams I hope.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 00:47   #397
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Well I'm hitting the sack. Hope you sleep well LW. Sweet dreams I hope.
Nite.

Wish I'd slept last night. I had one of "those" nights. All nightmare, no sleep.

Hope you sleep good! Have a good dream for me.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-08-2009, 04:33   #398
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

You deserve a big group hug for that ma'am.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:20   #399
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Nite.

Wish I'd slept last night. I had one of "those" nights. All nightmare, no sleep.

Hope you sleep good! Have a good dream for me.
<---- Had a dream of watching LW shoot tighter groups than I could with her .17

G'morning LW.

Here's one for a tues Caturday Mornin.

Okie Memorial Area
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:27   #400
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
You deserve a big group hug for that ma'am.
Thank you skidoo. I could really use that hug today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobberchops View Post
LW you keep getting the rest you need to get better....

somebody here is watching your back!

I wouldn't mind having her or maybe some of you GT'er here watching over me right now. Last night was a sleepless one, the nightmares made sure of that. Today's being a difficult one, but I'm taking you people's advice. One second, one minute, one hour at a time I'm fighting off the ugly thoughts.

I'm not going to give up today, I swear it! Too many of you folks praying for and pulling for me to let that happen.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!