Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:38   #361
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post

Hmmmmmm, I did notice one of the men there was exceptionally handsome......

Perhaps now I know why.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:45   #362
okie
GT Mayor

Mornin LW honey,here's some more kisses for ya sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:13   #363
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Mornin LW honey,here's some more kisses for ya sweetheart

Evenin' Sweetheart, thank you for the kisses.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-04-2009, 08:18   #364
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Evenin' Sweetheart, thank you for the kisses.
Oh my I forgot your ahead of us in timeYour very welcome my dear lady
Old 09-04-2009, 09:40   #365
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Yep, I've been down this road before. Except it wasn't anything bad before that I needed to understand. What I can't get my mind around is why I can't internalize this like I need to. I wonder, why is it I don't "know" something I'd have a hard time denying. From the day I woke up in the hospital I've heard it enough times. The doctor that was there when I first woke up said "Welcome back. I didn't think we were going to be able to save you". Wished I didn't have tubes going down my throat, I would have cussed him good.

I found out a few months ago that I have the nickname of "Cat" around the hospital because I supposedly used up over half of my nine lives...

You'd think I'd have figured it out by now...
Still don't think you're strong, even after having attained a nickname like that? You have a whole hospital surprised at your ability to come back....

You probably can't figure it out because what you think you're not denying is something you simply haven't understood yet. I believe you may be looking the wrong way to figure out those dreams, and, if I may, somehow it seems that your answer lies below:

Quote:
I will tell you one thing though, I will never just laugh this off. Another soldier was killed in the attack. It hurts me even more because he had made it to safety. He only blew cover to try to get to me to get me out of the line of fire. I part of me will always feel to blame for what he did, although I wasnít even aware of it happening. Yes, it will get easier, but never funny. Iím looking forward to that hug, and you have been an angel to me.
He willingly sacrificed his life to save yours. Key word, willingly. You didn't know it was happening, but he had your back. I'm sure you or anybody else in his place would've done the same. Instead of being mad or feeling guilty, which I'm sure he wouldn't want you to feel, check this, feel happy. Why? Although it may sound counterintuitive, feel happy because that's what he would've wanted. He wanted you to live, and here you are. Honor him. Give him what he gave his life for, your happy life! There's no bigger love than he who gives his life for his friends. That's in a good book I like to read. I know that if I had given my life for you, and you were feeling guilty, shoot, I'd be coming back to let you know, don't do it! That's not what I died for! You didn't kill him, so you should thank him and give him back what he gave his life for. That part that feels blame for it must go. He died for you to live, and live happy, honor him. Live and be happy.

When my adoptive mother died, I cut my hair and took my loops off. She said that wasn't what a christian man should look like. I disagreed with her, but, to this day, my hair will stay short and nothing shall enter my earlobes, out of respect, this is my way of honoring her in my life. That's what she would've wanted. She was terminally ill with cancer, and she was fighting it to the bitter end because she wanted to see me one last time. Due to hard economic times, I couldn't go, so I sent someone in my name. When they walked in her room, the first thing that came out of their mouth was that the were coming in representation of me. Mind you, this lady had been almost comatose for months. Her eyes opened, her heart rate went up, moved her hand, and, by the end of the speech, she passed. All she was waiting for was one last goodbye from me. She fought death and life for it, how could I let that continue? I received the call while the heart monitor was flat, so I knew. From that day till now, I've embodied everything she taught me. She would never want me to give up. He wouldn't want you to give up, heck, he didn't give up at all! He fought life and death too! You owe it to him to fight harder, for the both of you.

We have to give back, and I make sure to think and pray for you daily. Really, not just words, but take the time to do it. You have given to all of us. You're special to all of us.

Quote:
Well youíve brought way more than a single teardrop to my eyes, believe me. Several times. Iíve never been one to claim to understand Godís ways at all, in fact Iím completely stumped most of the time. Including what he has in mind for me or why Iím still here. You know, I read this post and think Iím no different than anyone here. We just try to do the best we can in our lives. I try to be a good person, sometimes I fail badly. Sometimes I do something that I think isnít anything special, but someone else does. Thereís a certain feeling you get from being able to do something for someone without expecting a thing in return that you canít get any other way. The irony of that is sometimes I feel selfish when I do something for someone just because it makes me feel that good. I donít think my heart is any bigger than yours or so many other people who have stood beside me in spirit recently, who have sent me things that they didnít have to, who have taken time to write me words of encouragement or even getting on me case when Iíve made some bad choices.
Do you know that we're our own worse judges? We're usually much harsher with ourselves than most the rest of the world. Also, beauty is at the eye of the beholder, sooooo....if we say you're strong and special, git over it! This is how we see you. To be selfish is to do things that only benefit yourself, but, in helping others, this is obviously not the case. To feel like you're selfish for feeling good about helping someone else only serves to further prove your abnegation. Case closed, your honor! Listen, we all fail. Big whoop. Sue me. What matters is if we recognize that and move on to do the right thing. What makes you good is your desire to do good. In my eyes, you're a hero. A true to life living legend hero.

Quote:
I havenít felt strong in months but lately as Iíve read what you and others say to me it gives my strength. I really donít feel so alone anymore, even though Iím so far away from the world I knew. Strange as it may seem when I saw that vision of people the other night I had the impression of good will coming from them. Ever since then Iíve been thinking about that and wondering if somehow you people could have had anything to do with that.
Good! Then that means that what we're doing is working. You have a spirit, we all do. We're probably closer to you than to most people who surround us. Hopefully you'll much more of those visions as time passes, and have them become a reality. We're all with you every step of the way.

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:56   #366
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Wow! These are things I have wanted to say but could never find the words.

Wolfe you had BETTER read this. Over and over!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:56   #367
Zonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
He willingly sacrificed his life to save yours. Key word, willingly. You didn't know it was happening, but he had your back. I'm sure you or anybody else in his place would've done the same. Instead of being mad or feeling guilty, which I'm sure he wouldn't want you to feel, check this, feel happy. Why? Although it may sound counterintuitive, feel happy because that's what he would've wanted. He wanted you to live, and here you are. Honor him. Give him what he gave his life for, your happy life! There's no bigger love than he who gives his life for his friends. That's in a good book I like to read. I know that if I had given my life for you, and you were feeling guilty, shoot, I'd be coming back to let you know, don't do it! That's not what I died for! You didn't kill him, so you should thank him and give him back what he gave his life for. That part that feels blame for it must go. He died for you to live, and live happy, honor him. Live and be happy.
THIS!!!! Very well put Beware Owner. Thank you.

What would his life have been, had he done nothing and watched you die?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:49   #368
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wow! These are things I have wanted to say but could never find the words.

Wolfe you had BETTER read this. Over and over!

I'm readin' I'm readin'.

Damn monitor blurred up again......

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-04-2009, 13:15   #369
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
THIS!!!! Very well put Beware Owner. Thank you.

What would his life have been, had he done nothing and watched you die?

Ummmm, his life would have been longer?

OK, bad attempt at humor, I know.

What makes it even tougher is from what I'm told he never even made it to where I was. I just wish he'd stayed down. Luckily for me the convoy commander made the medic stay down until after the lead stopped flying.

Bur I understand your point and would have done the same thing.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-04-2009, 15:38   #370
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

LW. if I pull a lady from a burning building and I die and she lives, is it her fault I died? I know, I know, you've probable been told that before. It just so happened to be his time and not yours. Use the time he gave you and live it! If you give in to the demons, then what he did means nothing. I know, I'm sounding like a broken record. Continued prayers for you lady.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:27   #371
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Hope you're doing ok today, princess.

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:09   #372
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

I Sweetie,..... how goes it?
Hope you've had a better last few days. I've wanted to let you know
how special you are. You have brought together MANY members for one
very good and special cause,...... supporting YOU!

Everything happens for a reason, many reasons are unknown. You are
truly a miracle. I hope and pray for your health and happiness. Remember,
you are a true Wonder Woman!
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:29   #373
Slobberchops
WTF?!?!?

Hope you had a good day!

Sleepy_puppy
"I am here to fight evil and exchange good-natured barbs" -The Tick

Last edited by Slobberchops; 09-05-2009 at 10:08..
Slobberchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:01   #374
okie
GT Mayor

More kisses for ya LW honey
Old 09-05-2009, 11:23   #375
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobberchops View Post
Hope you had a good day!

Sleepy_puppy
back! It aint over, but it's going OK. Love the pooch pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
More kisses for ya LW honey

Thank you okie. You are a Sweetheart!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-05-2009, 12:07   #376
Denthead

Wolfe, Just picked up this thread and damnit I had to start crying. Prayers sent your way for some emotional peace. Please take care of yourself.
Denthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 13:21   #377
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Still don't think you're strong, even after having attained a nickname like that? You have a whole hospital surprised at your ability to come back....

You probably can't figure it out because what you think you're not denying is something you simply haven't understood yet. I believe you may be looking the wrong way to figure out those dreams, and, if I may, somehow it seems that your answer lies below:
You know when I make the comment about not feeling strong I mean it more from a mental standpoint than physical. And because of how long it's taken to recuperate. Iím too damn old for this crap. A younger person could have bounced back a lot quicker than I have. BTW, it's not just folks at the hospital that thought I wouldn't make it. I think the medic that took care of me hates me.

I partly agree with you about the cause of the nightmares. I have no doubt that contributes. So does the meds I was on until just recently. But 2 shrinks donít think this is the mail cause and they do have one advantage here. Theyíve both heard graphic descriptions of the nightmares. I donít post the details here because I donít want to make anyone who might be squeamish uncomfortable, but in this case I think the shrinks are onto something.

Quote:

When my adoptive mother died, I cut my hair and took my loops off. She said that wasn't what a christian man should look like. I disagreed with her, but, to this day, my hair will stay short and nothing shall enter my earlobes, out of respect, this is my way of honoring her in my life. That's what she would've wanted. She was terminally ill with cancer, and she was fighting it to the bitter end because she wanted to see me one last time. Due to hard economic times, I couldn't go, so I sent someone in my name. When they walked in her room, the first thing that came out of their mouth was that the were coming in representation of me. Mind you, this lady had been almost comatose for months. Her eyes opened, her heart rate went up, moved her hand, and, by the end of the speech, she passed. All she was waiting for was one last goodbye from me. She fought death and life for it, how could I let that continue? I received the call while the heart monitor was flat, so I knew. From that day till now, I've embodied everything she taught me. She would never want me to give up. He wouldn't want you to give up, heck, he didn't give up at all! He fought life and death too! You owe it to him to fight harder, for the both of you.
Part of the frustration I feel is that his coming after me didnít change anything except to get him killed. He didnít even get to me. As strange as it sounds I know it would have been easier if he had actually had saved me. I know he wouldnít want me to be upset or to blame myself, any more than Iíd want anyone else to blame themselves if Iíd been the one to try to help them. I'm doing better than I was in dealing with this, but I still get hung up on it sometimes. Itís just hard to put it aside. A part of me wonders why anyone would get themselves killed to save me. Iím no one special. But trust me, Iím fighting. Now that Iíve had a couple weeks off all the meds the docs had me on my head is beginning to clear and I think itís starting to get easier to fight off the darkest thoughts. I do know a lot of that was drug induced, but now Iím wondering just how much of it was.

Reading about your Mom gave me goose bumps. That is so awesome how she held out and was able see your surrogate. What a strong lady. And what a role model she was! Iím sure she is so proud of you, earrings or no earrings.

Quote:
We have to give back, and I make sure to think and pray for you daily. Really, not just words, but take the time to do it. You have given to all of us. You're special to all of us.

Do you know that we're our own worse judges? We're usually much harsher with ourselves than most the rest of the world. Also, beauty is at the eye of the beholder, sooooo....if we say you're strong and special, git over it! This is how we see you. To be selfish is to do things that only benefit yourself, but, in helping others, this is obviously not the case. To feel like you're selfish for feeling good about helping someone else only serves to further prove your abnegation. Case closed, your honor! Listen, we all fail. Big whoop. Sue me. What matters is if we recognize that and move on to do the right thing. What makes you good is your desire to do good. In my eyes, you're a hero. A true to life living legend hero
I think we have to judge ourselves harder than others. Holding ourselves to a higher standard keeps us in line. Earlier you said that you couldnít find any posts where Iíd written something that either had a hidden meaning or agenda, any evil feelings/motive of any sort. Donít make me out to be someone Iím not. Iím no saint. Although itís not usual for me I have posted in anger before. Iíve been in a couple arguments on here. And there are lots of people on here that just plain dislike me. In some of those cases I know why, but other times I donít. I do try to be nice to people on here and even help when I can. I will say that Iím not evil here or in person. But I really donít consider myself a hero.

Quote:
Good! Then that means that what we're doing is working. You have a spirit, we all do. We're probably closer to you than to most people who surround us. Hopefully you'll much more of those visions as time passes, and have them become a reality. We're all with you every step of the way.
Iíd love to have more visions (hallucinations ?) like that one I had a few days ago. Last night right as I was falling asleep I thought I felt a hand touch mine but it was so quick Iím not sure. When that stuff theyíre using to make me sleep takes over thereís no making it wait while I look around. The thought of having some of you stand by me while I sleep is somehow comforting. I canít find the words to tell you how much your support means to me. And it is helping, I have no doubt.
And I would love to meet you too.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-05-2009, 14:26   #378
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
LW. if I pull a lady from a burning building and I die and she lives, is it her fault I died? I know, I know, you've probable been told that before. It just so happened to be his time and not yours. Use the time he gave you and live it! If you give in to the demons, then what he did means nothing. I know, I'm sounding like a broken record. Continued prayers for you lady.
Even if you do sound like a broken record I'm listening. Believe me, I am. I haven't given in to the demons yet. I've wanted to sometimes, but those Afghani bastards don't deserve to win.

Quote:
Hope you're doing ok today, princess.
Princess, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
I Sweetie,..... how goes it?
Hope you've had a better last few days. I've wanted to let you know
how special you are. You have brought together MANY members for one
very good and special cause,...... supporting YOU!

Everything happens for a reason, many reasons are unknown. You are
truly a miracle. I hope and pray for your health and happiness. Remember,
you are a true Wonder Woman!
And I appreciate the support and prayers more than I can tell you. back at you all.

I know I've been on the recieving end of a few miracles here. I don't know why, maybe I never will.

I have to say that I can't be Wonder Woman though. She had bullet deflecting bracelets! I could sure have used them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denthead View Post
Wolfe, Just picked up this thread and damnit I had to start crying. Prayers sent your way for some emotional peace. Please take care of yourself.
I've done more than a bit of crying myself when I've read what some of you say to me. Thank you so much for the prayers.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-05-2009, 16:56   #379
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

...........Here's to you.
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 17:40   #380
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post

I think it's a wonderful name for your kitty. I will pass the story onto "Mandy"

Glad you had a good nights sleep. Are you feeling any better generally with the rest you've been able to get?

Well it seems that sleep isn't happening, at least for now, so I think I'll pass along my little Mandy's first story. Besides the saltwater that I've already gotten on her fur that is.....

Last night I went to the clinic for my bi-nightly (or is it semi-nightly?) knockout. I got there and ready a bit early and was walking around feeling a bit agitated. I saw a young soldier in the room next to mine who had badly broken her arm and shoulder. I walked in to say something to her with Mandy tucked under one arm. That girl never even looked at me, she just fixated on my kitty and whimpered ďI love catsĒ. I handed my kitty over and I thought Mandy was going to have to get new stuffing the girl squeezed so hard with one arm. I checked with the medic and found out she wasnít leaving until the next day so I told her I would leave Mandy with her for the night. The medic assured me I would get her back in the morning.

This morning after I wake up and am checked over and allowed to walk around I went into the girlís room and sheís sound asleep with Mandy hugged tightly in her good arm. I didnít have the heart to wake her so I picked up a book and sat there reading for a while. When she finally woke up she thanked me and handed over my kitty, but not before she planted about 50 kisses on her little face.

I swear Mandy had a little smile on her face when I left the clinic with herÖÖ

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!