Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-14-2009, 21:26   #141
engineer151515

Prayers and best wishes, LW.

Old 08-14-2009, 21:27   #142
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Lone_Wolfe has a sticky. Congratulations, people love you!
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 21:47   #143
Bumpadrum
zoom in & FOCUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Lone_Wolfe has a sticky. Congratulations, people love you!
And honor you and respect your service.
And we raise our glasses and drink a toast to your complete recovery!

To Lone_Wolfe! Bottoms up, America-you're a better place because of her!
Old 08-14-2009, 21:49   #144
Chad Landry
Cajunatorģ

You know you ain't alone, lady.

I'll be back over there soon. Hope you're out before then.
Outpost Mod #69
Chad Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 22:37   #145
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
okie just made my day...
I'm so glad LW honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 22:39   #146
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
I'm starting to think a trip around the country to meet some of you folks would be nice when I get outta here. That way I can thank all of you for the support in person.
Cue the 2009 LW HomeBrew Tour! How's Raspberry Imperial Stout sound? Add Weber grill, steaks, and cozy wooded back yard, and toddlers bouncing off each other for entertainment... You know, the East Coast is pretty much on the way to anywhere when you're on the way home, last time I checked!
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 22:55   #147
Big Time
Senior User

LW, girl you are going to have some duzzie of a story to tell your grandkids someday! Thanks for your service,If I could do it all over again I'd be back over there.Can I ask where your hometown is? Dover,Ohio for me,been here in Georgia since 1988.
Take care,
Calvin,aka Big Time
Old 08-15-2009, 08:46   #148
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Well, L_W, guess it is time for me to weigh in.

You've been in prayers for a long time and always will be.

It warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes seeing the outpouring of love and caring here in this thread. You earned it all by paying a heavy price, but you know that. Accept all the adulations. They are heartfelt.

Real warriors never think anything they do in war is that special. It's just doing the job. Years later someone might say something that triggers the "OMG, I did that!?!", and you finally have to accept the fact that what you did may just have been something a little out of the ordinary. But, still, you shrug and say, "Shucks, I was just doing what I needed to do." It took 40 years for someone to convince me. I just say, "Well, I guess I was really crazy back then."

Let me know if I can do anything for you.

XOXOXO

Actually Russ it's brought a tear to my eye several times over. This last several weeks have been the worst for me in terms of the nightmares and the demons in my head. It's gotted to the point I've just wanted to give up sometimes. I don't know how okie knew, but somehow he did and started this thread when I needed the moral support and prayers more than ever. You people have been a real blessing to me.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:46   #149
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buki192327 View Post
LW, sweetie, you better believe we have your back. If Silent_Runner tries to stick you with that needle, we will trick her. See if we can't end up sticking her with the needle, she had planned for you.

I look forward to being able to meet you. That would be an absolutely great day for me.

Take care and stay safe.

Just kidding Buki192327. Lone_Wolfe and I have been real world friends for almost 20 years. If I do stick a needle in her it would contain something to help her, never to hurt her.

I'll even give her guns back someday. That is after I torment Zombie Steve with my nice shiney Python.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:50   #150
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I'll even give her guns back someday. That is after I torment Zombie Steve with my nice shiney Python.
Okie Memorial Area
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:51   #151
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
It's gotted to the point I've just wanted to give up sometimes..

Don't you even THINK of giving up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:02   #152
Historian
Lifetime Membership
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
This last several weeks have been the worst for me in terms of the nightmares and the demons in my head.
And that's hard. I had issues like that for years and had to go almost 10 years to get past some of it...and sometimes it creeps right back in. Some it will always be there. It will never go away.

This is sometimes the worst of injuries.

-Historian-
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:16   #153
deadday

Quote:
Actually Russ it's brought a tear to my eye several times over. This last several weeks have been the worst for me in terms of the nightmares and the demons in my head. It's gotted to the point I've just wanted to give up sometimes. I don't know how okie knew, but somehow he did and started this thread when I needed the moral support and prayers more than ever. You people have been a real blessing to me.
do you have a stuffed ani mal or something to snuggle with over there? I know it sounds childish, but it really helped me for some reason....I've got my lil stuffed dog that was given to me when I was about 2...still sleep with her every now and then when I'm having a bad night....if you don't have anything over there, send me your APO and I'll find something for you....
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:34   #154
blackbirdzach

I don't venture into the open forum often, so today is the first I've seen this. First off, thank you for your service! Secondly, you will be in my family's prayers!
blackbirdzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 13:51   #155
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
do you have a stuffed ani mal or something to snuggle with over there? I know it sounds childish, but it really helped me for some reason....I've got my lil stuffed dog that was given to me when I was about 2...still sleep with her every now and then when I'm having a bad night....if you don't have anything over there, send me your APO and I'll find something for you....
You know, it may sound silly, but whatever it takes to get you through the dark times... For me, after the attack many years ago that ultimately led to my decision to carry a firearm, the worst of the nightmares lasted over a year. At the darkest times, when I couldn't sleep, and I reacted as if any person behind me was about to stick a knife in my back, my saving mantra was "You can't let them win." I'd say that over and over to myself, and just keep fighting it until the next day, and then the next day, and then the next...

I wish I could just give you a great big hug

I *promise* you, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, though it may be a hard slog... Just keep fighting, giving yourself just one more day. That's the only battle you have to win- one more day.

You keep doing that, every damn day, and you *will* come out the other side in one piece.
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 13:54   #156
Buki192327

Quote:
That okie dude, is a pretty smart fella!!

LW, sweetie, you CANNNOT GIVE UP!!! If you give up, you will not be able to go on tour. I would not be able to give you the that I owe you, okie would not be able to give you the that he owes you, and you would miss out on all of the free beer. Sweetie, there are a lot of people that want to meet you and THANK YOU, personally for what you have done, for us. YOU keep your spirits up, and know that a lot of us are praying for your continued recovery, safety and well being, and will continue to do so.

LW, you have been a real blessing for us. Prayers for you and all of your brothers and sisters in arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post

Just kidding Buki192327. Lone_Wolfe and I have been real world friends for almost 20 years. If I do stick a needle in her it would contain something to help her, never to hurt her.

Silent_Runner, I figured from some of the posts, that you 2 were real good friends. I knew that you would never do anything to hurt Lone_Wolfe. You 2 remind me of myself and a real good friend (old WWII vet), close to 40 years. We jab the needle at each other, just to keep each other going. It is so great when friends can do that.

I just want to know, who is going to chaffeur LW around the country, when she goes on her tour?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 14:17   #157
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
This last several weeks have been the worst for me in terms of the nightmares and the demons in my head. It's gotted to the point I've just wanted to give up sometimes.
Lone_Wolfe, when you start feeling that way, you need to stop thinking that and think about all the people that care about you. You are more than just another stranger on the Internet to me. Knowing that you're there and suffering for people like myself breaks my heart. I'm glad Okie started this thread and hope that it helps you cope with what you're going through. Please, never give up!
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 14:29   #158
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

I know what will cheer you up.

2010 "Men of Glocktalk" calendar, starring:

okie
itisbruno
cjlandry
jason D
eddief4

et cetera.

I already have my pics ready to go.

Okie Memorial Area
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 14:42   #159
Buki192327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post

okie
itisbruno
cjlandry
jason D
eddief4

et cetera.

Okie Memorial Area
OMG!!!! We just want Lone_Wolfe, to get well, not die from hysterical laughter!!

Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 15:23   #160
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post

okie
itisbruno
cjlandry
jason D
eddief4

et cetera.

Okie Memorial Area

There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!