Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-23-2008, 23:31   #76
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012

Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
Quote:
Originally Posted by QNman View Post
Hard work reaps rewards. Not all rewards are monetary.

Not all those that succeed deserve it. Not all those that fail deserve it. But "fairness" isn't judged by the result; it is judged by the application of rules equally in similar circumstances.

Success comes to those who understand that risk and failure are part of life. Raising your station in life - the one you were handed when you were born - may or may not be your goal. If it is - AND YOU WORK HARD AT IT - you will succeed. You don't have to achieve billionaire to succeed.
QNman, very well-stated post. I agree that hard work rewards people however, not always monetarily, for sure.
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:25   #77
Meathead

I agree about the wall street crooks. They all should do some time in prison in my worthless opinion. But, on the other hand...What about a self made man, who by working hard, working smart...maybe a little good luck along the way, creates a business and does well financially for himself and makes over $250K per year....Why should he pay a higher % tax than someone who earns less? I would love to see a flat tax....same percentage no matter your income.
Peace and Happy New Year.
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 13:09   #78
kat1950

All those that fail do deserve it, they failed due to some stupid descision along the way, 100 per cent of time needs to be thought,buisness, buisness, business, nothing else, not family,not anything, and you will suceed.

All those that suceed do deserve it, they sacrificed everything that life has to offer for their buisness and the money. I did it and would not have it any other way.

I will be damned if I pay higher taxes for those drones who played it safe and got a job and worked for somebody else, they got what they deserve, a paycheck, time to spend with their famlies, and to sit on the couch on weekends and drink beer. THATS ALL THEY DESERVE.
kat1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 13:17   #79
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat1950 View Post
All those that fail do deserve it, they failed due to some stupid descision along the way, 100 per cent of time needs to be thought,buisness, buisness, business, nothing else, not family,not anything, and you will suceed.

All those that suceed do deserve it, they sacrificed everything that life has to offer for their buisness and the money. I did it and would not have it any other way.

I will be damned if I pay higher taxes for those drones who played it safe and got a job and worked for somebody else, they got what they deserve, a paycheck, time to spend with their famlies, and to sit on the couch on weekends and drink beer. THATS ALL THEY DESERVE.
There are many examples of those whose work ethic is impeccable, yet failed due to circumstances beyond their control. However, our reaction to failure often dictates whether the state of failure is permanent or a transition to success.

Many succeed through luck, birthright, marriage, etc. Maybe I am being unfair to say they don't "deserve it"... perhaps a more accurate description is that they didn't EARN it.

I, too, have succeeded in the face of adversity. And I agree that taxing those who bust their humps to get there to support those without the courage to try is both ludicrous and un-American.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 14:06   #80
kat1950

failed due to circumstances beyond their control

Like What? Everything in buisness is making the right decision, whatever it takes, going over that decision for all the pros and cons, all the benifits and all the pitfalls that might arouse from that decision, and taking all factors into consideration, leaving nothing for chance. Will take care of anything that might arise. There are no Circumstances beyond control, if you rip it apart enough.

As for the people that inherit, born into, or marry into money, are a very, very small part of the equation.
Old 12-29-2008, 14:23   #81
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat1950 View Post
failed due to circumstances beyond their control

Like What? Everything in buisness is making the right decision, whatever it takes, going over that decision for all the pros and cons, all the benifits and all the pitfalls that might arouse from that decision, and taking all factors into consideration, leaving nothing for chance. Will take care of anything that might arise. There are no Circumstances beyond control, if you rip it apart enough.

As for the people that inherit, born into, or marry into money, are a very, very small part of the equation.
I'll just shoot from the hip here...

1) declining market/economy
2) new invention making for obsolescence of your product
3) unexpected overhead/infrastructure increases
4) sudden departure/death/withdrawl of investors/partners

It sounds good on paper to say simply "plan for everything". But the reality of it is, sometimes life throws you a curveball. I've failed in my life. The secret is not to quit at the first sign of failure, but to endure, learn, and move on.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 16:31   #82
kat1950

Allot of saw this comming, 3 years ago watched Morage Brokers writing paper to people they knew could not afford loans now, much less than when the adjustables came due, everything was going on beacon score and no income verification, with as low as 5 per cent down if anything. They did it to make their commisions, then factor in oil going above 100 dollars a barrel, we all knew it was coming 3 years ago, Builders kepted building, construction loans were handed out like candy, we all made a fortune, then sold everything last year just before things finally went bust, what was left we simply let the banks take back properties and kept what was left of the construction loan moneies. People made a fortune, and the banks got burned due to their greed.

Everything you listed could have been taken into account and avoided if all the people were on top of what was going on as some of the smart ones did, people that planed for this that have money now are making a killing. That would take care of declining market.

As for new inventions, as for me, Im always going to trade shows around the country at least 4 times a year, the big ones, a person would know well in advance to something new about to come out, and either jump on board or set himself up not to take a fall.

unexpected overhead/infrastructure increases, Punching in the annual cost of living expense, and as for me, I add 20 per cent above everything as most do to take care of extra overhead. As for gas prices and not knowing how high above 3.00 a gallon, we simply added a fuel adjustment charge to compensate.

sudden departure/death/withdrawl of investors/partners , other than sudden death, everything should be addressed in future buisness plan and how and what to do to turn it into your favor, and to make sure that no investor, especially a partner ever gets the upper hand, and how to turn the tables against them. Sudden Death would require everything set up before hand on day one on how to address this if and when it happens.

All Im saying is if people put 100 per cent thought process into what consequnces will arise out of a hasty decision, they can avoid almost anything, and always be sucessful, even now, especially now, and if they are having problems with the thought process, there are very good buisness people out there and for a fee will help you make the right decision.

Last edited by kat1950; 12-29-2008 at 16:34..
Old 12-29-2008, 21:52   #83
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

I'm not going to argue my point. Sorry.

The bottom line, that I think we can agree to is this: hard work will lead to success in this country. It is wrong to penalize those who have shed blood sweat and tears to acheive success only so the fruits of our labors can be handed out.

Too, any thinking business person has seen this crash coming. Not necessarily the severity, but nevertheless. When home prices soar because banks loan irresponsibly to irresponsible, unqualified borrowers, the ending can never be good.

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:01   #84
voyager4520
-----

In response to orginal post, Democrats get bigger government, get more jobs for themselves, and get more votes the poorer they keep people and the more people they keep in prison.

A Democrat voting to enact welfare programs is like a prison guard voting for a three strikes law, it's job security.

Edit: It sickens me to see so many tards holding their hands out for free stuff and actually expecting Mr Obama is gonna buy them a new house. You can't just pull a rabit out of your arse, it had to come from somewhere.

Last edited by voyager4520; 05-01-2009 at 06:03..
voyager4520 is offline   Reply With Quote