GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 21:05   #626
matt86
Oink Oink
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 933
Send a message via AIM to matt86
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
That's a lot of empty real estate!
I try to keep it that way too.... I hate stuff on my back. I can't really think of anything else I need
__________________
"I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him." - Booker T. Washington
matt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 21:08   #627
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,304
Blog Entries: 1
True... I am still trying to make room for the X26... we have them, I have to move some stuff, I guess.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 22:07   #628
matt86
Oink Oink
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 933
Send a message via AIM to matt86
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
True... I am still trying to make room for the X26... we have them, I have to move some stuff, I guess.
Its well worth the space it takes up though in my opinion. I think my duty belt is finally pretty comfortable. My first day back at work with the taser is Tuesday so we'll see how it does through the 11 hour shift in the car.... that's always the real test.

I'm thinking about getting one of the Safariland mag pouches that also houses a second set of cuffs so i can ditch the cuff case on my back. I can't find any feedback on how they work though. Most of the NCHP carries them now but I was told by one officer that as soon as you start running with one the cuffs go flying off. Anyone have any experience with it?
__________________
"I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him." - Booker T. Washington
matt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 22:13   #629
DaBigBR
No Infidels!
 
DaBigBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Circling the wagons.
Posts: 15,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
Is that holster Leather? If so, put me down for "first dibs" if/when you decide to sell it. If your Kimber TLE/RL II fits in it, my Springfield Operator should drop right in with a TLR-2 on it.

Actually, it is fit for an x200...there is a different fit code for the TLR-2.
__________________
"Logic is rarely the engine that propels a police department forward."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 23:00   #630
yapper
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Suffolk County?
University Police at Stony Brook. you live in the area?
yapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 23:04   #631
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,304
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt86 View Post
Its well worth the space it takes up though in my opinion. I think my duty belt is finally pretty comfortable. My first day back at work with the taser is Tuesday so we'll see how it does through the 11 hour shift in the car.... that's always the real test.

I'm thinking about getting one of the Safariland mag pouches that also houses a second set of cuffs so i can ditch the cuff case on my back. I can't find any feedback on how they work though. Most of the NCHP carries them now but I was told by one officer that as soon as you start running with one the cuffs go flying off. Anyone have any experience with it?
There was another thread with that, but the guy says it works for him. If you have the tactical belly flap that you can put on top of all your gear, you should be fine.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 23:05   #632
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,304
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapper View Post
University Police at Stony Brook. you live in the area?
Negative. Had known a guy from there who was 3rd generation Suffolk County.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:45   #633
yapper
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 39
We send our guys through the suffolk academy. i just got done with their firearms instructor course. They're good people.
yapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 20:03   #634
Shasta69
Senior Member
 
Shasta69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 733
OK, I'll bite.

Most important is that piece of leather that joins my partner and I. He's reward is play hence the towel and my stage act

Cop Talk

Whats missing is my Motorola 5000.

Last edited by Shasta69; 05-05-2009 at 20:07..
Shasta69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 14:50   #635
SomeGuyInAHat
Senior Member
 
SomeGuyInAHat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Melanomaville
Posts: 4,137
Cop Talk

That's it. Everything else goes on the vest now.
__________________
No rain, no rainbows.
SomeGuyInAHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 20:40   #636
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,172


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
Safariland is now making a 6360 (ALS) for a railed 1911 with a tac light, and it is running about $107 in fine tac or stx basketweave.

Bradley, I need me a picture(s) of your Professional. Preferably in your new holster!

I don't suppose you have the P/N from will fit memorized for a Springer Pro with a X2/300 + pressure switch in STX/Fine tac for a lefty?


Pics, I need pics!
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 21:22   #637
DaBigBR
No Infidels!
 
DaBigBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Circling the wagons.
Posts: 15,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Bradley, I need me a picture(s) of your Professional. Preferably in your new holster!

I don't suppose you have the P/N from will fit memorized for a Springer Pro with a X2/300 + pressure switch in STX/Fine tac for a lefty?


Pics, I need pics!
The holster/finish is 6360-560, but i do not know the code for left hand. Right hand is -131.

The 1911 ALS has a stupid plastic shroud around the ALS button, which absolutely kills the draw and disabling of the safety. I tried to like it, but ended up taking a dremel to it and removing it so that it is more like the Glock 6360. I like the result much better than the original. I believe that the shroud is to keep the safety from being flicked off while in the holster, but it did not do anything for re-enabling the safety if the gun was accidentally holstered without it.

My modification has made the draw faster, disabling of the safety absolutely part of the draw, and allows my OCD ass to check that the safety is on with the gun in the holster. Win-Win-Win for me.

On the tape switch: SF makes two different ones that techincally apply. The DG-18 is supposed to be for Springers and Sigs and maybe S&W. The DG-18A is supposed to be for the Kimbers, which have a slightly longer trigger guard, causing the DG-18 not to fit flush. I ended up having to return the DG-18 and order a DG-18A for the Springfield. Even SF was puzzled.

I will try to remember to get pics when I get home. I have replaced the grips on the pro with a set of gunner grips...they are definitely the grips that should have come on the gun from the factory.
__________________
"Logic is rarely the engine that propels a police department forward."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 21:25   #638
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,172


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
The holster/finish is 6360-560, but i do not know the code for left hand. Right hand is -131.

The 1911 ALS has a stupid plastic shroud around the ALS button, which absolutely kills the draw and disabling of the safety. I tried to like it, but ended up taking a dremel to it and removing it so that it is more like the Glock 6360. I like the result much better than the original. I believe that the shroud is to keep the safety from being flicked off while in the holster, but it did not do anything for re-enabling the safety if the gun was accidentally holstered without it.

My modification has made the draw faster, disabling of the safety absolutely part of the draw, and allows my OCD ass to check that the safety is on with the gun in the holster. Win-Win-Win for me.

On the tape switch: SF makes two different ones that techincally apply. The DG-18 is supposed to be for Springers and Sigs and maybe S&W. The DG-18A is supposed to be for the Kimbers, which have a slightly longer trigger guard, causing the DG-18 not to fit flush. I ended up having to return the DG-18 and order a DG-18A for the Springfield. Even SF was puzzled.

I will try to remember to get pics when I get home. I have replaced the grips on the pro with a set of gunner grips...they are definitely the grips that should have come on the gun from the factory.
Damn it. I have Gunner Grips lined up as well. Is it gay that I'll have the same exact gun as you??



Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!11111!!!!!!1!1!!one!!!11
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 23:09   #639
DaBigBR
No Infidels!
 
DaBigBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Circling the wagons.
Posts: 15,883
The Holster

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

It should be clear in the photos where I dremeled, but it is not that noticeable in the flesh. I have considered taking the polishing wheel to the spots where I removed the stupid shroud to try to blend them, but at the end of the day, it's good enough for me.
__________________
"Logic is rarely the engine that propels a police department forward."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 23:11   #640
DaBigBR
No Infidels!
 
DaBigBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Circling the wagons.
Posts: 15,883
And here's the Pro:

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Whoops...how did that last one get in there?
__________________
"Logic is rarely the engine that propels a police department forward."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 23:35   #641
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,172


Thanks!

What exactly is the benefit of this holster over a 6280?

I'm not really seeing one.

******* I can't wait for a pro. Gunners really finish it off. I'll have the *exact* same setup. Great minds think alike?
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 23:46   #642
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,304
Blog Entries: 1
Nice setup. Is there an option for that thumb lever release to make it Level 4?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 00:00   #643
DaBigBR
No Infidels!
 
DaBigBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Circling the wagons.
Posts: 15,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Thanks!

What exactly is the benefit of this holster over a 6280?

I'm not really seeing one.

******* I can't wait for a pro. Gunners really finish it off. I'll have the *exact* same setup. Great minds think alike?
The ALS/6360 automatically locks the gun in upon reholstering, even if the hood is rotated down. The design results in a little bit less friction retention, which means less drag on the gun during the draw. The ALS "lever" is deactivated as part of the gripping of the gun and pushing the SLS hood down. There is no second motion. It also provides a second point of indexing on the draw, which I think helps make for better, more positive draws.

Long story short: same draw stroke as the 6360, more retention, faster and more consistent draw.

I think that we have MAYBE two or thee people left at my agency not using this holster...one of them has one on order. I am yet to talk to anybdy who did not prefer it...and for the record, I was not sold on these when they came out. I bought one when the tac-light version came out because I wanted the automatic locking that I missed from the Raptor and never looked back. I've got at least five of them for different guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Nice setup. Is there an option for that thumb lever release to make it Level 4?
You can add the SLS sentry, but I would strongly suggest against it for two reasons.

1: the sentry requires you to move your thumb backwards to disable the sentry and then forwards to disable the hood and ALS lever. On a 6280/6004/6005 type holster, it works fine, on the Raptor and ALS, it makes the draw needlessly complicated.

2: The sentry mounted on the ALS and Raptor holsters tears my thumb knuckle up on reholstering. Does not do that on the 6280.
__________________
"Logic is rarely the engine that propels a police department forward."

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 00:44   #644
flper67
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 48
Cop Talkwhat do have your gloves in?
flper67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 00:44   #645
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,304
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks... good to know.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 00:45   #646
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,304
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flper67 View Post
what do have your gloves in?
Old single mag case or single knife case holds 3 pairs of gloves for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 00:45   #647
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,172


Quote:
Originally Posted by flper67 View Post
what do have your gloves in?
I have them rolled up and rubberbanded together. They sit in a cargo pant pocket with a BUG.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 00:47   #648
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,304
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I have them rolled up and rubberbanded together. They sit in a cargo pant pocket with a BUG.
I keep my cell phone, chewing gum, spare change, lint collection, and ciggies in my cargo pocket.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:24   #649
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,172


Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
I keep my... ...and ciggies in my cargo pocket.
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:36   #650
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,304
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
fredshamepsychoackokie
You saying that you are not going to smoke a stogie with me when I visit you in Bloomfield?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,025
317 Members
708 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42