Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-02-2009, 14:24   #301
Kyle E. Coyote
Super Genius

Unreal... maybe I should sell that unfired backup G30 collecting dust in the sock drawer. Seeing this I know I'll obviously never need it, AWB 2.0 won't affect it... don't really know what it's there for anymore.
MY CURRENT FAVORITES: Les Baer TRS, a pair of HK45 V1s, a pair of FN FNP-45s, Robar Alloy Extreme Professional, and so many spare mags, parts, springs, and boxes of ammo I'm sure there's another good one buried in here somewhere....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Kyle E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 20:38   #302
SAG

Wow.
What else do you say after reading/watching this?
My pampered Glocks should be good until about 3009.
SAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 20:12   #303
MSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_purdue View Post
As a mechanical engineer that actually uses math and the laws of physics can I ask you to stop using these words?

You don't know what you're talking about. The laws of physics have names, there are a lot of them. If you are a physicist be specific, if you're not then stop referring to sciences you do not understand.

If the fact that you cannot argue that laws of mathematics is a fact, then why do mathematicians and physicists and engineers constantly CONSTANTLY argue these things?

Further, the modern understanding of basic (Newtonian) mechanics that govern things like dropping guns out of planes after they take off from treadmills has been pretty well understood for only about 300 years (he was born in 1643). The universe has been around for somewhere between 2200 and infinity years depending on your religious beliefs, so we haven't really had the time to "iron everything out" yet.

Anyways, you don't think this guy really did this stuff, or you think that he exaggerated his results. Please leave it at that, and qualify your opinions in a reasonable way, but don't just say "I'm right because of science".

Stop being a troll.
Mike Purdue -

Great post.

I enjoy reading the thread and I just sort of assume the poster knows enough not to fire a weapon with a muzzle pluged with mud. He seems to have an approach to this and I've enjoyed reading it. This guy looks like he knows what he is doing.

I've got a physics question or two that I should know the answer to but I just can't remember. Maybe you can help.

Take the drop from the airplane example in the thread. Interesting but here are my questions (and, while you answer them, maybe the original poster can come up with some other test)

1. If pistol is dropped from airplane at 500' or 5000', won't it hit ground at same speed? (won't the pistol reach terminal velocity?) Also, how about a quick explination of what terminal velocity is. Don't objects of the same weight hit the ground at the same speed once they reach terminal velocity?

1A. How long or from what height would it be before a G21 reached terminal velocity?

1B. If so, what is the terminal velocity of a G21 when it hits the ground in MPH or FPS.

1C. If dropped from 500' - how long will it take for pistol to hit the ground?

2. What effect does the speed of the plane have on the velocity of the pistol hitting the ground? Does the forward air speed have any effect on how "hard" the pistol hits the ground?

3. I seem to remember that there was a "streamer/marker" attached to the pistol. What effect does this have on slowing the pistol? I seem to remember as a kid shooting Estes rockets that we either used a streamer or a parachute. Any effect having the streamer?

4. Since you're an ME (I'm not) - why do you think some of the parts of the glock (let's say they are all finished the same) are rusting faster than others? I think I know why the spring rusts but why do spots on the pistol rust faster than others?

Hope you can answer some of these. Thanks.
MSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 14:13   #304
JoshuaC

Good lord man that pistol has been put through it's paces and it's still comes back for more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

JoshuaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 15:57   #305
techno97

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick pony View Post
This is the dumbest kind of thinking. I swear, some people dislike glocks, simply because they are not a 1911. Ill be honest, i think a 1911 is antiquated! But it remains because somwhere, there is a guy sitting in a room reading a book about the 1911 and openly weaping thinking about pappy and his colt 45. This is such crap!!! Honestly, im a young shooter at 23 so i dont understand it, but give me a freakin brake....the future is now!
I CONCUR WITH TRICK PONY! Though I started shooting approximately half-a-year ago, I've already placed in almost all shoots/competitions I participate in with my Glock 21SF. In fact, I shoot better with the same than my Glock 35 due to various reasons related primarily with gripping. Though I still have to actually win a match and emerge as its champion, contrary to being told that I am at a disadvantage against the 1911s at standard level - the fact that I usually rank amongst the top five and given the fact that I'm but a more-or-less 6 month proves otherwise.
techno97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 19:32   #306
vigalass

amazing. i feel even safer than before. wish i didn't live in the city limits.
vigalass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 21:48   #307
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

I've been having some issues with my 21sf releasing a full mag with the slide closed, which I hear is a common annoyance. I'm still happy with my purchase and after seeing this, I'll never get rid of it! This was amazing. I can't wait to show my girlfriend this post to show her exactly why I choose to carry Glock! However, does anyone know how to fix the mag release problem?
NH Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:05   #308
bigbore

why do you think some of the parts of the glock (let's say they are all finished the same) are rusting faster than others? I think I know why the spring rusts but why do spots on the pistol rust faster than others?

The spots on the slide/barrel that are rusting are the areas that were damaged deep enough to remove the tennifer. The rust inside of the barrel is not rust on the barrel/bore itself - but rust on the build up/fouling.

bigbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:39   #309
MADnMO
Greatest HOPE

I guess I made a good choice in picking my G21.
MADnMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 20:38   #310
Brockmant

I am new to Glocks and this is 100% absolutely, unbelievably, AWESOME! Wow.
Brockmant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 14:50   #311
S. Kelly

I've always had fights with friends about Glocks, so I sent them this link. The G21 is an awesome weapon, I just wish my Dept would go with it in the G21 SF/G30SF combo.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:05   #312
sourdough44

That is pretty crazy, and interesting.
sourdough44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:24   #313
Wetterman

Bigbore any pics of it after the evapo-rust treatment? The youtube videos seem to have been removed.
Wetterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:17   #314
Jordan81

About the only thing left to do is field strip it and have Rosie O eat it. I'm not sure if you want to break protocol and clean it before firing it afterwards.
Jordan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 16:47   #315
proraptor

The G21 is my favorite out of any glock Ive owned. Love reading these torture tests
California Glockers Club member #8
proraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 22:25   #316
Apocalypse_Now
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by techno97 View Post
I CONCUR WITH TRICK PONY! Though I started shooting approximately half-a-year ago, I've already placed in almost all shoots/competitions I participate in with my Glock 21SF. In fact, I shoot better with the same than my Glock 35 due to various reasons related primarily with gripping. Though I still have to actually win a match and emerge as its champion, contrary to being told that I am at a disadvantage against the 1911s at standard level - the fact that I usually rank amongst the top five and given the fact that I'm but a more-or-less 6 month proves otherwise.
Look here, pup.. I own both Glocks and 1911s. I like both of them. Both are excellent weapons for any real world use.. I prefer the Glock for survival use but I doubt you would want to go toe to toe with a 1911 in an expert's hands
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. ... Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible instrument of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American" Tench Coxe 1788.
Apocalypse_Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:48   #317
Brucev

I have just now finished reading all 13 pages of comments on this thread. I am amazed at the Glock design. Regardless of caliber it seems to be the gun to which all others are compared. I have used 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP Glocks. Without exception all ran perfectly. I have never had a single failure with a Glock pistol. My current Glock is a G-22 which from the first round fired has run flawlessly. With 180 gr. ammo POI has always been POA. It is a superlative pistol. If limited to only one handgun, it would be a Glock. I very much appreciate these series to test. I very much appreciate the video provided. My hat is off to Bigbore of Adco Firearms who conducted the time consuming and expensive testing that made this thread possible. Sincerely. Bruce.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 21:56   #318
MrOldLude

Pretty macho, though I really can't stomach abusing mine. My brain tells me, "Hey, that's not a fantastic idea. You spent good money on it. be nice."
MrOldLude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 23:48   #319
Rick50
average guy

wow, they have always claimed to be durable, like a timex take a licken and keep on ticken.
Some of those photos almost made me cry

thanks
R
Rick50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 23:56   #320
Rick50
average guy

glock should send you a new one for all your consumer testing.
thanks for using yours
Rick50 is offline   Reply With Quote