Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:56   #41
ipfreely123
CLM Number 240
something witty

Send a message via Yahoo to ipfreely123
My schedule is insane with traveling for work and my custody agreement for my little girl. If you guys get enough people to justify a get together, I will do everything I can to make it.

We buy things we don't need
With money we don't have
To impress people we don't like.
ipfreely123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:14   #42
jjtroutbum
Armedflyfishing

I have been more interested in getting out to shoot my AR15. But will follow along to see what happens.
Old 06-16-2008, 21:04   #43
JayAK

If you go to the gun shows at Belleville you should hit the BSR....
http://www.bsrgunshop.com/index.html not a bad indoor range.... just a short drive across the river into IL....
bullseye is ok too....
Rimfire Club Member # 1980.....Smith & Wesson Club #1980
Sig Sauer Club Member # 1980
NRA Life Member & I.S.R.A
JayAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 15:31   #44
Reb 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothman View Post
What works better for everyone? Days, nights or weekends? I will talk to the guys at Top Gun and see if we can use the class room to meet. Top gun is open seven days a week, their late nights are Mon. and Wed. til 9 pm, the rest of the days they close about 7 pm.

For those of you who have not been to Top Gun, they allow all handgun calibers except the S&W 460. The only rifles they allow are handgun calibers. It is a 25 yard indoor range with a new state of the art filtration system.

It would be great to meet others that share the hobby.

If everyone can try and respond here or send me an email srothman(at)sbcglobal(dot)net. I will keep everyone updated and post when I figure out a day and time.
Any responces yet on the get together at Top Gun ? I can go most any time.
Old 06-20-2008, 15:39   #45
Reb 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtroutbum View Post
I have been more interested in getting out to shoot my AR15. But will follow along to see what happens.
Just got an AR15 also only got to shoot it once functions great right now only have irons thinking about scope. How is your's set up?
Old 06-20-2008, 18:18   #46
jjtroutbum
Armedflyfishing

Its a SP1 Colt. A1 sights, triangle guards, no F/A, classic retro with exception of the rare Coltguard factory finish.

Midwest Glockers

Have been thinking about a old school Colt 3x20 scope
Old 06-20-2008, 21:52   #47
Reb 56

Great looking rifle love the retro look, seems to be getting popular lately. How does it shoot?
Old 06-20-2008, 22:28   #48
jjtroutbum
Armedflyfishing

It shoots better than I do. Eats like a pig. Costs a lot more to feed than my dogs. Just wish I could feed it twice a day as well.
Old 06-21-2008, 19:12   #49
Reb 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtroutbum View Post
It shoots better than I do. Eats like a pig. Costs a lot more to feed than my dogs. Just wish I could feed it twice a day as well.
I agree spent almost as much on Ammo as the rifle cost. I am in the process of mounting scope on mine a3-12 x40 . My eyes don't focus with the irons either the sights are clear or the target is fuzzy or vice versa.
Old 07-05-2008, 15:15   #50
srothman

I just spoke with Top Gun, and have set a date of Monday Jult 14, at 6:30 or 7:00 pm/ They have reserved the class room for us, and I will bring "snacks" from one of my business's.

If you are going to attend please send me an email at srothman(at)sbcglobal(dot)net. this way I can keep track of how many people are going and how many lanes we will need.

The store is open until 9 pm, so we will have to be done by then. I look forward to meeting new people who share the same interest and hobby.
srothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:43   #51
jjtroutbum
Armedflyfishing

Go vote today
Old 08-23-2008, 10:55   #52
Easterbrook
Wagon Burner

I'm in STL for my last year of school.

I recently acquired a 10/22 and a new scope which I'd like to get sighted.

Is the range at Busch Memorial Conservation Area recommended? I see it's only $3 for an hour. Any other good outdoor ranges?
Easterbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:37   #53
srothman

Bush is OK, so is J. Henges (spelling?) off Hwy 44. The problem with the conservation ranges is no rapid shoots. You have to count to three (very slowly) before you can take a follow-up shot. They do have a range officer at all times, but call a lot of cease fires. It is not bad, if it is your only choice.

What type of distance you looking for? There is a great 25 yard, indoor, handgun caliber, shooting range in Imperial, MO. It is called Top Gun, and myself and several other people have had great experiences there. They have a huge selection, and their staff are shooters, and very helpful.

For outdoor shooting I would recommend Arnold Rifle and Pistol, but it is memebership only.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:48   #54
Fox_Mustang_Guy
Banned Soon

just moved from north county (moline acree) to huntington WV, quite a change haha
Fox_Mustang_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:58   #55
Easterbrook
Wagon Burner

Quote:
Bush is OK, so is J. Henges (spelling?) off Hwy 44. The problem with the conservation ranges is no rapid shoots. You have to count to three (very slowly) before you can take a follow-up shot. They do have a range officer at all times, but call a lot of cease fires. It is not bad, if it is your only choice.

What type of distance you looking for? There is a great 25 yard, indoor, handgun caliber, shooting range in Imperial, MO. It is called Top Gun, and myself and several other people have had great experiences there. They have a huge selection, and their staff are shooters, and very helpful.

For outdoor shooting I would recommend Arnold Rifle and Pistol, but it is memebership only.
I've heard great things about Top Gun and plan to visit for pistol shooting. However, for my 10/22, I was thinking more in the range of 50 - 100 yards. Waiting 3 seconds between shots isn't a huge deal as I'm just trying to get the scope sighted in.

I'll also look into the membership requirements for Arnold Rifle and Pistol.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:38   #56
MrRob

Illinois side in edwardsville here. I shoot at winchester in east alton.
MrRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 16:44   #57
Easterbrook
Wagon Burner

Quote:

I ended up going to Jay Henges Shooting Range and had a good time. The three second rule between shots didn't hamper me much because, as mentioned before, I was simply getting my scope zeroed in.

Though, after seeing a hole crap load of bullet holes in the ceiling, I can't blame them for having the three second rule. How you accidentally shoot the ceiling I'll never know.

The price was right at Henges, too-- three bucks for an hour was listed, but I easily shot for two hours and the guy still only charged me three bucks (despite me trying to correct him). I'll be back.

I also stopped in at Top Gun in Imperial, MO, to buy some accessories. Looked like a pretty great place. At least one of the sales folk was friendly and the handgun inventory was the best I've ever seen. Too bad I still have a NY drivers license and thus can't buy handguns here.

I did check into Arnold Rifle and Pistol but becoming a member didn't make sense financially considering I'll only be here for another 9 month.
Old 09-13-2008, 16:11   #58
srothman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easterbrook View Post
I ended up going to Jay Henges Shooting Range and had a good time. The three second rule between shots didn't hamper me much because, as mentioned before, I was simply getting my scope zeroed in.

Though, after seeing a hole crap load of bullet holes in the ceiling, I can't blame them for having the three second rule. How you accidentally shoot the ceiling I'll never know.

The price was right at Henges, too-- three bucks for an hour was listed, but I easily shot for two hours and the guy still only charged me three bucks (despite me trying to correct him). I'll be back.

I also stopped in at Top Gun in Imperial, MO, to buy some accessories. Looked like a pretty great place. At least one of the sales folk was friendly and the handgun inventory was the best I've ever seen. Too bad I still have a NY drivers license and thus can't buy handguns here.

I did check into Arnold Rifle and Pistol but becoming a member didn't make sense financially considering I'll only be here for another 9 month.
If you ever want to meet at Top Gun, let me know. I have a yearly membership, and have bought quite a few guns from them. I usually get one hour free with every gun I buy. I have quite a few, or my guest shoots at a very reduced rate.

For handguns, it is the best place in St. Louis to shoot. There prices are also some of the best in town.

Send me an email srothman(at)sbcglobal(dot)net, and maybe we can meet up at Top Gun. I am going to try an arrange another shoot out there in a few weeks. I will let you know.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:25   #59
sonofsarge

Some of us already know each other from different forums like www.MissouriCarry.com
sonofsarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 14:58   #60
Easterbrook
Wagon Burner

Quote:
If you ever want to meet at Top Gun, let me know. I have a yearly membership, and have bought quite a few guns from them. I usually get one hour free with every gun I buy. I have quite a few, or my guest shoots at a very reduced rate.

For handguns, it is the best place in St. Louis to shoot. There prices are also some of the best in town.

Send me an email srothman(at)sbcglobal(dot)net, and maybe we can meet up at Top Gun. I am going to try an arrange another shoot out there in a few weeks. I will let you know.
Thanks for the offer to go shooting with you. I'll check my schedule and see when I have some free time.