SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-25-2013, 19:40   #1
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

HK Customer Service

Read the description below the video for the saga that is....the broken USP. lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Facebook Fanpage:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Email me for prices on Firearms/Suppressors

Fireman1291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 20:30   #2
itstime

Tagged
itstime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 20:41   #3
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

LOL Hkpro mods keep deleting it. How pathetic are they?

Facebook Fanpage:

Old 10-25-2013, 20:43   #4
Wyoming

Send a message via Yahoo to Wyoming
Believe it or not they are getting better. They at least talked to you. Improvement.

They fixed it and had it back to you in seven days. Big improvement.

They charged you for repair where other manufactures would not have.

In the mid 1970's I bought a H&K 91 with polygonal barrel. At the time it was a .50 cent additional option. I like it well enough that I bought the collapsible stock and a lot of accessories for both rifles. A year went by and I finally got through to someone. He said they don't offer the polygonal barrel any more. They held up everything for something that was never going to happen!

They gave me an extra 20 round magazine at the time cost $12.50 and were aluminum.

When the plastic tip on the cocking handle broke I had to buy it. I don't remember what it cost but can you say "farganugen".

When I wanted an ambidextrous safety for a 45 USPc because I am left handed they would not sell me one. This was pre internet and I had to make several long distance calls to locate. This was when a long distance phone call was so much the first minute to start and by the minute there after.

I sold the H&K 91 rifles years ago because H&K or anyone else ever came up with a ambidextrous safety. I don't miss them.

I have five H&K pistols that I bought used. I am please with them but they are safe queens.
Old 10-25-2013, 20:51   #5
itstime

My only story is I'm a lefty also. Had the urge for a USPc9 in V2 for me. Couldn't find one anywhere.

Thought I would call them to see if they could order one or make one and get it to me through legal channels.

Answer. No

Option: go buy one in V1. Send it to them on my dime. Charge me labor and parts to switch it over. Really!!!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 21:20   #6
Wyoming

Send a message via Yahoo to Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by itstime View Post
My only story is I'm a lefty also. Had the urge for a USPc9 in V2 for me. Couldn't find one anywhere.

Thought I would call them to see if they could order one or make one and get it to me through legal channels.

Answer. No

Option: go buy one in V1. Send it to them on my dime. Charge me labor and parts to switch it over. Really!!!!!
Or find one on Gun Broker.

Four of five H&K pistols are Gun Broker and the other I bought off a neighbor. All used so H&K didn't make any money. This wasn't done out of spite just worked out that way.

You can also find H&K safeties in eBay sometime.

Ran into a left hand only once at a gun store. I have a couple of right hand safeties. Owner would not trade even or sell his left hand only at a decent price. He is no longer in business.

BTW, one is a P7 squeeze cocker, works out well right or left hand as is. This is German Police surplus to go along with the Walther P5 and SIG P6.
Old 10-25-2013, 21:37   #7
M2 Carbine

I don't even consider buying a HK, any HK, because of their terrible customer service (in years past).

I have two HK P9S pistols. 9mm and 45ACP.

Rather, I have a 45 but the 9m is in the junk box.

Some years back I called HK to try and order a few parts for the 9mm.
They hung up on me four time.
About the fifth call I got through to someone that said, "We have the parts but won't sell them to you. You have to order the parts from a "authorized HK dealer".

Turns out the only HK "authorized" dealer around wouldn't order the parts because the dealer said,
"HK is a pain in the ass to deal with, so we don't".

I can put up with a bug in the product once in a while but I won't put up with terrible customer service.

EAA is another company I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.
M2 Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:51   #8
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 Carbine View Post
EAA is another company I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

Don't hold back Buck, tell us how you really feel.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:00   #9
Fireman1291
Firefighter/EMT

Well I hope they update the warranty on their "suppressor ready tacticooool" model someday.......

Facebook Fanpage:

Old 10-26-2013, 07:00   #10
plouffedaddy

I have a few H&Ks but I won't buy another as I had to send one back for service. It was almost as bad as dealing with Kimber...

H&K makes excellent guns----0 doubt about that. But, so do a lot of other companies (many with less cost to the consumer). With several of those competitors having excellent CS I just don't see myself going back to H&K.

...and yes, the HK forum over there is nuts. I used to be a member but God forbid you ever say anything but glowing things about their guns!

At least here when I put up threads about issues with a Glock (okay, I've only done this once but I've only had one problematic Glock...) folks respond intelligently and mods don't FREAK out.

Certified Glock Armorer

Last edited by plouffedaddy; 10-26-2013 at 09:09..
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:56   #11
Bruce M

Glad I have never even thought about that forum.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 15:19   #12
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Glad I have never even thought about that forum.
I'm a member there, but hardly ever post.

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 13:56   #13
kahrcarrier
FAHRENHEIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post

This!

I do like H&K handguns. I carry one almost daily.

I know nothing about their customer service.
kahrcarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 14:44   #14
joatmo
Under treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Same here bac. I don't have any HKs anymore but that board was crazy.

I can't remember what it is i'm supposed to forget.
joatmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 15:02   #15
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joatmo View Post
Same here bac. I don't have any HKs anymore but that board was crazy.

I am a member there as well and like both of you rarely post but I must think that they can't be any worse than a couple of the 1911 forums.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 15:08   #16
s&wfan

I've owned three HK pistols and ended up trading/selling them all. I even had a tan frame Mk 23 that I (idiotically) traded off.

So I am not an HK die hard here when I say this.

I think HKs are just that good. They are about the only plastic pistol that you could leave "plastic pistol" out as a qualifier if you get into a debate about the world's highest quality guns.

That said, I just never really could warm up to them and their funky mag release. I'd rather have a G21 than an HK45, even though the HK45 is an outright better gun quality wise.

Last edited by s&wfan; 11-01-2013 at 15:10..
s&wfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:00   #17
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman1291 View Post
Read the description below the video for the saga that is....the broken USP. lol

Heckler and Koch Customer Service - YouTube
Nice pistol. That really was not that bad of a price for what they gave in the repairs done..

Cool songs:

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 14:32   #18
Larry V

Send a message via Yahoo to Larry V
Heres a newsflash to anyone who Hasn't dealt with HK customer service lately. There service is fantastic. Best service I have gotten from any retailer period. I sent my HK45 HK45c and USP45 down to HK to have Light LEM triggers installed. I shipped them out on a Monday morning, they arrived at HK on Tuesday and HK did the work and shipped them out That same afternoon. I got them back Wednesday afternoon around 2pm. 2 days turnaround time is amazing and the guns function flawlessly. They were also very good on the phone answering the questions I had. They have my loyalty for sure
Larry V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 14:34   #19
itstime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry V View Post
Heres a newsflash to anyone who Hasn't dealt with HK customer service lately. There service is fantastic. Best service I have gotten from any retailer period. I sent my HK45 HK45c and USP45 down to HK to have Light LEM triggers installed. I shipped them out on a Monday morning, they arrived at HK on Tuesday and HK did the work and shipped them out That same afternoon. I got them back Wednesday afternoon around 2pm. 2 days turnaround time is amazing and the guns function flawlessly. They were also very good on the phone answering the questions I had. They have my loyalty for sure
Free or did they charge you?
Old 10-26-2013, 16:19   #20
Larry V

Send a message via Yahoo to Larry V
Quote:
Originally Posted by itstime View Post
Free or did they charge you?
They charged me, no big deal. I wanted to go from Da/Sa to Light LEM. Of course they are going to charge for the service. I had no problem paying for it. The Light LEM is an amazing trigger system
Larry V is offline   Reply With Quote