Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:10   #1
ithaca_deerslayer

Fit mom pic with 3 kids spurs anger

This woman worked to get in shape and has 3 kids. Some people don't like how she looks.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/hot...192149769.html

The Okie Corral

And this was her reply to those nay-sayers:
“I'm sorry you took an image and resonated with it in such a negative way. I won't go into details that I struggled with my genetics, had an eating disorder, work full time owning two businesses, have no nanny, am not naturally skinny and do not work as a personal trainer,” she wrote, in part. “What I WILL say is this. What you interpret is not MY fault. It's yours. The first step in owning your life, your body and your destiny is to OWN the thoughts that come out of your own head. I didn't create them. You created them. So if you want to continue ‘hating’ this image, get used to hating many other things for the rest of your life.”

Oh, and she watches no tv. While at the park with her kids she also exercises instead of planting her face into the keyboard of a smartphone.

Last edited by ithaca_deerslayer; 10-15-2013 at 12:12..
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:16   #2
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

This kind of reminds me of what one of my sisters posted on Facebook recently. She and her husband (who are both chubby) were out walking on a hiking trail and a fit woman with a European accent of some sort passed them and they had a brief conversation. During this conversation my sister's husband mentioned that they both had doughnuts before the hike.

This mortified my sister. All the other women (and some men) responding to that post agreed that her husband made a very big faux pas and should be chastised accordingly. I thought it was hilarious, that she'd get upset about being outed as one who eats like crap and is therefore a chubby chubster.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:23   #3
pI20

I'm inspired by people in better shape than me. Brutal that this woman has caught all this heat.
pI20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:18   #4
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

No matter what you do, no matter what choice you make, even if you are doing the right thing, there will be people opposed to you.

Screw em'

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 14:26   #5
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
No matter what you do, no matter what choice you make, even if you are doing the right thing, there will be people opposed to you.

Screw em'

This should be one of life's profound lessons.

If you are satisfied with yourself, you're good to go.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 14:37   #6
TX OMFS
Right wing nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamer View Post
I loved that one comment...can't exercise because of fibromyalgia. The disease that fits whatever symptoms you want, but the most important factor is that for the diagnosis to be valid, lots of people have to hear the patient's constant whining.
That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!

When I see FM on a health questionnaire I just keep going and pretend I didn't see it. Rookie mistake is asking for more info.
Old 10-15-2013, 14:55   #7
Glock Enthusiast
Banned

Quote:

Screw em'
I would also add an alternative version of this statement.

"No matter what you do, no matter what choice you make, even if you are doing the right thing, there will be people better then you."
Old 10-15-2013, 15:02   #8
ateamer
NRA4EVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock Enthusiast View Post
I would also add an alternative version of this statement.

"No matter what you do, no matter what choice you make, even if you are doing the right thing, there will be people better then you."
Hopefully. Being almost the best, but not quite there and someone else is quite visibly better, is a powerful motivator.
Know-it-all

Last edited by ateamer; 10-15-2013 at 15:02..
ateamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 15:35   #9
Singlemalt
In the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
no matter what you do, no matter what choice you make, even if you are doing the right thing, there will be people opposed to you.

Screw em'
truth
Old 10-15-2013, 20:38   #10
jame
mange takk

Quote:

Screw em'
+1.

As the old saying goes, "If your making everyone around you happy all the time, you're doing something wrong."
jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:10   #11
moeman

Quote:

Screw em'
Yep, screw them if they think you should be___________. Because they should be_____________.
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 21:35   #12
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership

Quote:

Screw em'
Someone has stolen my attitude.

Seriously though;

That woman is alright, she's got a body and brains!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
This woman worked to get in shape and has 3 kids. Some people don't like how she looks.

And this was her reply to those nay-sayers:
I'm sorry you took an image and resonated with it in such a negative way. I won't go into details that I struggled with my genetics, had an eating disorder, work full time owning two businesses, have no nanny, am not naturally skinny and do not work as a personal trainer,” she wrote, in part. “What I WILL say is this. What you interpret is not MY fault. It's yours. The first step in owning your life, your body and your destiny is to OWN the thoughts that come out of your own head. I didn't create them. You created them. So if you want to continue ‘hating’ this image, get used to hating many other things for the rest of your life.”
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:22   #13
hpracing007

Fat women going to hate, oh it's my genetics or some other excuse.
hpracing007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 14:52   #14
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpracing007 View Post
can almost hear it now....

"I'm big boned"

yeah, explain the big bone hanging over your waistband.
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:07   #15
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post

"I'm big boned"

"Well he must have a great big bone in his #ss!" - Kyle Broslofsky, talking about Eric Cartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:14   #16
NailShooter

I do not find that level of "fitness" attractive in the least. I would bruise myself so bad on that. A woman should have some curves...
Old 10-16-2013, 10:25   #17
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NailShooter View Post
I do not find that level of "fitness" attractive in the least. I would bruise myself so bad on that. A woman should have some curves...
I think you can definitely take the fitness thing too far. I work with a girl who was always a little plump. Not in a bad way, though. She had a nice figure, and curves in all the right places.

About a year ago, she went diesel with her workout, getting into some kind of MMA training, and lost weight and really toned up. She looks terrible. Her face now has a gaunt, angular look, which is not very attractive. Someone mentioned Kelly Ripa earlier. I haven't seen her in a while, but she started to get that gaunt look too (I always thought she was cute before that).

The good thing is that, once they dial it back a little, they can still be fit, but lose the gaunt look.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 10-17-2013, 11:44   #18
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post

"I'm big boned"

It's a gland problem. The one between the nose and chin.
Old 10-16-2013, 14:34   #19
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpracing007 View Post
Your phenotype is genetic. You can modify it some, but not much. There are women in this world who would be larger than Ms. Kang if they were anorexic. There are some who would be thinner no matter what they did. Ms. Kang is showing off. It's like posting your IQ scores or posting pictures of your genitalia. That would obviously be in bad taste. So is bragging about the body she was born with. So is shaming people who weren't born like you.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 14:40   #20
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Your phenotype is genetic. You can modify it some, but not much. There are women in this world who would be larger than Ms. Kang if they were anorexic. There are some who would be thinner no matter what they did. Ms. Kang is showing off. It's like posting your IQ scores or posting pictures of your genitalia. That would obviously be in bad taste. So is bragging about the body she was born with. So is shaming people who weren't born like you.
do you think she had to work at it to get back in shape after three kids born one year apart?

so she is bragging about her personal accomplishment, a lot like a football player after they make a touch down or a baseball player after they hit a home run.... or is that showing off and shaming people sitting on the couch watching them do it?

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 10-16-2013 at 14:41..
cowboywannabe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 15:00   #21
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
Are you a pinko commie that voted for Obama? You sound like one of those "everybody should win" types.

Your position is that she's simply showing off when what she is actually doing is making a living off of her hard work. You demonize her for her appearance in an effort to avoid making people feel bad about theirs. You're no better than the people who make fun of fat people, in fact, you're just as bad as them.

If you knew what you were talking about you would realize just how foolish you sound. Ms Kang was not born like that, she works very hard to have that body, just like just about every other ripped and in shape person out there. You can lie to yourself to make you feel better about your own short comings but that doesn't change the fact that being in great shape takes hard work and dedication. It does come easier for some people more than others but it still takes hard work.

Just because fat people get offended doesn't mean she should be hiding her body.

Last edited by DaleGribble; 10-16-2013 at 15:22..
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 17:28   #22
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post
Are you a pinko commie that voted for Obama?
No, I'm a recovering Republican who voted against every Republican on the ballot.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 15:10   #23
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
As usual, bull. Sure, some people have to work harder to maintain a high level of fitness, but the number of people who actually can't due to a glandular problem (or whatever) is incredibly slim.

Lazy is the problem, not genetics.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 15:21   #24
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post

Lazy is the problem, not genetics.
And we have a winner!
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 15:21   #25
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Do you really think the world would be a better place if everyone was exactly equal?

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote