GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 12:14   #1
deadmanglocking
Senior Member
 
deadmanglocking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 795
Ummm...ok. man found injecting drugs into genitals.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s3090756.shtml

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
deadmanglocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:20   #2
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Happy peepee.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:29   #3
FullClip
CLM Number 171
NRA Benefactor
 
FullClip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: On The Lake in The Maine Woods
Posts: 6,146


Just when I thought I'd heard it all, some whack-o will come along and prove me wrong....


Who ever came up with the idea that something like this would be a good idea??
__________________
Quando omni flunkus moritati
FullClip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:38   #4
Atlas
transmogrifier
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 14,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullClip View Post
..
Who ever came up with the idea that something like this would be a good idea??
Idea? Good? Bad?
He's a junkie, a heroin addict.
He's beyond making distinctions such as "good ? bad? "... far beyond.

By the time a junkie has been at it so long that all his accessible veins are collapsed, he's gone.. way gone.


.
__________________
June 28, 2012: the day the American republic died.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:27   #5
Atlas
transmogrifier
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 14,864
Not the first time I've heard of this...

When a (male) junkie has collapsed every accessible vein on arms and legs, he starts looking around his corpus in desperation for alternatives.

That lotus blossom is a one-way journey.
__________________
June 28, 2012: the day the American republic died.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:28   #6
tadbart
duuuuude.
 
tadbart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: geriatric paradise
Posts: 2,263
I bet he was uh, pist when he got arrested.
__________________
"A firm pimp hand gets you paid." ~Berto

G19
pointy stick
sharp wit
tadbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:36   #7
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA
 
RWBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 27,359
What I am getting out of this is....

They have cameras in the bathrooms.

They guy is a drugy.

I have heard about people injecting into the *****. I guess it is a better rush. because of the sensitivity.
__________________
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
RWBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:41   #8
Atlas
transmogrifier
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 14,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
...
I have heard about people injecting into the *****. I guess it is a better rush. because of the sensitivity.
Wrong.
It's his only choice when all his other veins have been collapsed.
He's desperate to get the junk into his blood ASAP..

He has the junk and a needle in hand..

He tries without success to get the needle into all those other veins...

He can't...

... he can't wait at that point. He'd poke it into his eye if that's what it took.
__________________
June 28, 2012: the day the American republic died.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:07   #9
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape
 
SC Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 6,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post

... he can't wait at that point. He'd poke it into his eye if that's what it took.
That one has actually been done by Keith Richards.
__________________
Hug your barking irons as the Devil hugs a witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 14:10   #10
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA
 
RWBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 27,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Wrong.
It's his only choice when all his other veins have been collapsed.
He's desperate to get the junk into his blood ASAP..
He has the junk and a needle in hand..
He tries without success to get the needle into all those other veins...
He can't...
... he can't wait at that point. He'd poke it into his eye if that's what it took.
I have heard what you are saying and I have heard people injecting it because it is a better rush. Since I am not a drugy, I don't know if injecting your junk is a better rush or not, but the stories are out there by people which could inject other spots.
__________________
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
RWBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 16:08   #11
Atlas
transmogrifier
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 14,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
I have heard what you are saying and I have heard people injecting it because it is a better rush. Since I am not a drugy, I don't know if injecting your junk is a better rush or not, but the stories are out there by people which could inject other spots.

Perhaps, but...
Some years ago I dated an RN who was also trained as a substance-abuse counselor.

The "rush" is when the heroin reaches the brain.

I don't know how the specific injection site enters into the equation, except that a larger vein with more direct route to the brain probably makes some difference, at least initially.

I don't know enough about the vascular system to know how direct that particular vein would be, don't care enough to research it.

There are of course a number of medical professionals here at GT.
We'll probably hear from one or more.
__________________
June 28, 2012: the day the American republic died.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY

Last edited by Atlas; 09-05-2013 at 16:15..
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 00:13   #12
Paul53
Geezer Boomer
 
Paul53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rosa's Cantina
Posts: 3,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Perhaps, but...
Some years ago I dated an RN who was also trained as a substance-abuse counselor.

The "rush" is when the heroin reaches the brain.

I don't know how the specific injection site enters into the equation, except that a larger vein with more direct route to the brain probably makes some difference, at least initially.

I don't know enough about the vascular system to know how direct that particular vein would be, don't care enough to research it.

There are of course a number of medical professionals here at GT.
We'll probably hear from one or more.
Doesn't matter which vein. Just directly into a vein. Use long enough and the veins start to disappear (in short), so they have to look for other locations. In the ER we often had to ask a long term user where THEY were finding a useable vein, otherwise establishing an IV is a surgical procedure. Really sad.
__________________
Just had lunch at The Rod and Gun Club. Finally realized that the in "philly cheese steak," philly isn't referring to Philadelphia.


Last edited by Paul53; 09-07-2013 at 00:38..
Paul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 21:41   #13
elsolo
Senior Member
 
elsolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: socal
Posts: 11,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
What I am getting out of this is....

They have cameras in the bathrooms.

.
Where did you come up with that part?
elsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:35   #14
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA
 
RWBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 27,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
Where did you come up with that part?
I read the article.
__________________
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
RWBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:32   #15
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,163


Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
I read the article.
It said they were "tipped off a male was urinating in the sink". They went inside to check and found him injecting. Mentions nothing about a camera and implies someone alerted security who happened to be in the bathroom with him.

Last edited by ray9898; 09-06-2013 at 11:34..
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 14:28   #16
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA
 
RWBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 27,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
It said they were "tipped off a male was urinating in the sink". They went inside to check and found him injecting. Mentions nothing about a camera and implies someone alerted security who happened to be in the bathroom with him.
That is not what the article originally said.
__________________
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
RWBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:23   #17
ColdSteelNail
Senior Member
 
ColdSteelNail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,496
Why didn't the fool just go into the stall? Wasted brain I guess.
ColdSteelNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:30   #18
Steel Head
Tactical Cat
 
Steel Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: the cat box
Posts: 4,580
He put da junk n da junk
__________________
Sent from a Deere 544G or a Cat D3B or a Case 580SK or a Komatsu PC28 or PC220LC, or down in a hole with a worn down shovel, or sky high from sniffin PVC glue or the cat box.
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:34   #19
deadmanglocking
Senior Member
 
deadmanglocking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
He put da junk n da junk
You win rofl

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
deadmanglocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:59   #20
blackjack
Senior Member
 
blackjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Sand Springs OK
Posts: 2,171
In pre-Viagra days, there was a drug for direct penile injection to induce an erection.
blackjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 14:11   #21
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA
 
RWBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 27,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
In pre-Viagra days, there was a drug for direct penile injection to induce an erection.
Post this in the "back in the day" thread. All things were not better, back in the day.
__________________
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
RWBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 20:22   #22
volky
NRA Member
 
volky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Take a seat facing the door.
Posts: 2,132


Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
Post this in the "back in the day" thread. All things were not better, back in the day.
This is still done today. I know someone for who Viagra doesn't work and now uses the Boston Method.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4140916AATPQnX
__________________
Don`t let anyone rent space in your head.
I can only please one person a day. TODAY ISN'T YOUR DAY. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
volky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 21:41   #23
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member
 
.264 magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 16,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by volky View Post
This is still done today. I know someone for who Viagra doesn't work and now uses the Boston Method.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4140916AATPQnX
A pretty good friend of mine had a really bad case of prostate cancer some years back. The long and the short of it is he simply could not perform afterwards. These injections are a near miracle for he and his wife.
__________________
The Gonzales Flag - "Come and Take It!"
.264 magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 14:12   #24
Bruce M
Senior Member
 
Bruce M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: S FL
Posts: 20,031
Reading that sent a shiver up my spine and a reflex to turn and protect my groin.
__________________
Bruce
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:12   #25
Rabid Rabbit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,124
First tiem I heard of this was when Howard Hughes died.
Rabid Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:01.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,423
409 Members
1,014 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42