GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 06:19   #1
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends
 
IndyGunFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 29,697
Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak


Do you believe in the "magic bullet theory"

So I was bored, and was watching "JFK" (a movie I've always enjoyed)...

While I don't agree w/ everything in the movie, and I don't even think they portrayed the "magic bullet" accurately. I still think the "single bullet" theory is absolutely ridiculous and there was more than 1 shooter out there (thus, a conspiracy)

Thoughts?

IGF
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioaJack View Post
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:38   #2
faceplant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 875
Why do you think it is ridiculous that a bullet can pass through two humans?
faceplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:52   #3
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends
 
IndyGunFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 29,697
Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak


Quote:
Originally Posted by faceplant View Post
Why do you think it is ridiculous that a bullet can pass through two humans?
I don't think it's ridiculous that a bullet can pass through two people. If you watch the Zapruder film closely, you see that when Kennedy is holding hi neck (which is supposedly the magic bullet)... Connelly has clearly not been hit. That is one aspect of the film I agree with.

IGF
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioaJack View Post
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:54   #4
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
I don't think it's ridiculous that a bullet can pass through two people. If you watch the Zapruder film closely, you see that when Kennedy is holding hi neck (which is supposedly the magic bullet)... Connelly has clearly not been hit. That is one aspect of the film I agree with.

IGF

How can you tell if he had not been hit? You should know different people react differently to GSWs
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:44   #5
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
can't find, but watch penn and teller on it.

They did a great job on explaining why his head flew back, and the position JFK was sitting in, which no conspiracy theorist seems to mention.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:46   #6
Atlas
transmogrifier
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 14,864
My thoughts:

This is GT...
There are no conspiracies.. Ever. Anywhere.

If you believe in even the mere possibility of any conspiracy anywhere, on any scale, from the White House to your local PTA, then you are a paranoid nut who wears hats and underwear made of aluminum foil and you probably live in your parents' basement.


It has been carefully explained here many times that there are no secrets anywhere within the government, ever, anywhere, as proven by the fact that Bill Clinton was caught with his pants down in collusion with a certain White House intern.


Everything is exactly as it seems.
Move along, go about your business... nothing to see here..



(notice, I'm speaking in general, not pertaining specifically to the assassination of JFK, about which I have no opinion )


.
__________________
June 28, 2012: the day the American republic died.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY

Last edited by Atlas; 05-02-2013 at 07:06..
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:51   #7
686Owner
NRA Life Member
 
686Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 8,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
My thoughts:

This is GT...
There are no conspiracies.. Ever. Anywhere.

If you believe in even the mere possibility of any conspiracy anywhere, on any scale, from the White House to your local PTA, then you are a paranoid nut who wears hats made of aluminum foil and you probably live in your parents' basement.


.
Weird. I see/hear more conspiracy theories here than anywhere in real life.

The Okie Corral
__________________
My Gun Photos
686Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:53   #8
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by 686Owner View Post
Weird. I see/hear more conspiracy theories here than anywhere in real life.

The Okie Corral

NO! it couldn't have happened like that!

All the conspiracy nuts tell me people sit up straight and looking forward ONLY 100% of the time when they're in vehicles..... It was the magic boolet I tell you!
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:16   #9
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,188
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
NO! it couldn't have happened like that!

All the conspiracy nuts tell me people sit up straight and looking forward ONLY 100% of the time when they're in vehicles..... It was the magic boolet I tell you!
The Texas governor was seated juxtaposed more to the right (~outside) of JFK's position. Serious cartoon fail.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:23   #10
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
The Texas governor was seated juxtaposed more to the right (~outside) of JFK's position. Serious cartoon fail.

Bring up the actual video/photos. They were not sitting the way conspiracy theorists make it out to be.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:53   #11
686Owner
NRA Life Member
 
686Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 8,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
The Texas governor was seated juxtaposed more to the right (~outside) of JFK's position. Serious cartoon fail.
The front seat is offset to the left, and that's easy to verify. Was he sitting with his ass hanging half off the seat?

Also, it's easy to verify that he was turned and talking to the President so his legs would have been angled.

Conspiracy fail.
__________________
My Gun Photos
686Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:59   #12
Brucev
Senior Member
 
Brucev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,189
Bullets do odd things after leaving the muzzle and hitting a target. The track of a bullet can often be very surprising. The MBT is lauded by conspiracy theorists who for various reasons are unable to accept the idea that Oswald fired three shots killing JFK and wounding Connally. Their arguments are not persuasive.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:06   #13
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP
 
MtBaldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: At the beach
Posts: 15,946


There was no "magic" bullet. When all factors are taken into account the bullet merely followed the laws of physics. As all bullets do.

Edit to add:

At one time I tried to believe in a multiple shooter conspiracy the more I learned the more it became obvious Lee Harvey Oswald was the single shooter firing from the sixth floor of the Book Depository. You can still try and create a conspiracy to put him in that place, at that time, to commit the act he did but there's little room to dispute what he did. I still have UFOs and Bigfoot though.
__________________
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury."
― Elmer T Peterson

Last edited by MtBaldy; 05-04-2013 at 20:58..
MtBaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:16   #14
kiole
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,124
The magic bullet wasn't very magic when you take into account the seating arrangements. The jump seat in front of JFK was slightly inward and lower then the position JFK was at. Then also connally was sitting twisted in order to look out the door.

The problem is the magic bullet theorist don't take into account the actual jump seat location which makes the magic bullet in actuality act like a normal bullet.

I was convinced it was a conspiracy until I actually got into firearms and realized it wasnt a difficult shot. Also Natgeo reconstructed the shooting and replicated it almost exactly with the same rifle and ammo Oswald used.

Could there have been more people involved? Absolutely. Was the shot which hit JFK and Connally impossible? No, not when you take into account the actual seating locations.
kiole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17   #15
byf43
NRA Life Member
 
byf43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 13,308
I am of the opinion that there was more than one shooter.

I am also of the opinion that the 'magic bullet' was placed where it was found.
There is NO 'magic bullet'. "Ain't no magic to it."

Also, I was just a kid (9 years old) when President Kennedy was killed.


Also, I am of the opinion that J. Edgar Hoover knew what was happening BEFORE it happened.
__________________
G21 Gen2; G19 Gen3; G30SF; G23 Gen3; G26 Gen4. GLOCK Certified Armorer

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:21   #16
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post
I am of the opinion that there was more than one shooter.

I am also of the opinion that the 'magic bullet' was placed where it was found.
There is NO 'magic bullet'. "Ain't no magic to it."

Also, I was just a kid (9 years old) when President Kennedy was killed.


Also, I am of the opinion that J. Edgar Hoover knew what was happening BEFORE it happened.

Do you have any facts to back up this opinion?
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:11   #17
ysr_racer
Senior Member
 
ysr_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Happily in So. Cal.
Posts: 8,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post
I am of the opinion that there was more than one shooter.

I am also of the opinion that the 'magic bullet' was placed where it was found.
There is NO 'magic bullet'. "Ain't no magic to it."

Also, I was just a kid (9 years old) when President Kennedy was killed.


Also, I am of the opinion that J. Edgar Hoover knew what was happening BEFORE it happened.
You know what they say, opinions are like buttholes...
__________________
Check out my Sporting Clays page, CLICK HERE!!
Just a million dollars short of being a millionaire.
So. Cal. USA
ysr_racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:16   #18
byf43
NRA Life Member
 
byf43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 13,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
You know what they say, opinions are like buttholes...
Absolutely!!!!

Most of 'em stink, too!
(As my dear old Dad would say, "I never promised you a rose garden.")








__________________
G21 Gen2; G19 Gen3; G30SF; G23 Gen3; G26 Gen4. GLOCK Certified Armorer

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:03   #19
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out
 
HerrGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 64,419


I believe JFK was shot.
I believe Oswald shot him.
I believe the rest is up to the law enforcement agencies and all the other hot air and gum flapping about it is about as relevant as the price of tea in China.
__________________
Sent from my rotary phone
"The way I see it as soon as a baby is born, he should be issued a banjo!"- Linus Van Pelt
UNIX - Not just for Vestal Virgins any more
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:18   #20
G26S239
NRA Patron
 
G26S239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PRK
Posts: 9,706
The very best way to carry out secret conspiracies and keep the details secret is to get several hundreds or thousands of people involved. This is true whether you wish to plant millions of microspheres in the WTC buildings, fake a moon landing, have space aliens do anal probes or kill a sitting President.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 21, 26 X 2, 32 and 36.
Proud member of the PigPen. Embrace the Pignose.

Last edited by G26S239; 05-02-2013 at 07:19..
G26S239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:22   #21
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
The very best way to carry out secret conspiracies and keep the details secret is to get several hundreds or thousands of people involved. This is true whether you wish to plant millions of microspheres in the WTC buildings, fake a moon landing, have space aliens do anal probes or kill a sitting President.
Exactly.

Something the conspiracy theorists will never understand.... 2 people have a hard time keeping a secret, but 10, 20, or even hundreds or people!?
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 16:24   #22
Stubudd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kennesaw GA
Posts: 4,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Exactly.

Something the conspiracy theorists will never understand.... 2 people have a hard time keeping a secret, but 10, 20, or even hundreds or people!?
The joint chiefs submitted a plan to Kennedy to terrorize americans as a pretext for war with Cuba and nobody found out for almost 40 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods
Stubudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:00   #23
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubudd View Post
The joint chiefs submitted a plan to Kennedy to terrorize americans as a pretext for war with Cuba and nobody found out for almost 40 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods
Look at the stuff that has come out about what kind of electronic surveillance the US has been doing for fifty years, with no hint of it coming out from the forty thousand people who were doing it.

It's easier to keep a secret than many here think. Especially when you believe that what you did was right and necessary.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.

Last edited by series1811; 05-08-2013 at 07:01..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:10   #24
686Owner
NRA Life Member
 
686Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 8,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Look at the stuff that has come out about what kind of electronic surveillance the US has been doing for fifty years, with no hint of it coming out from the forty thousand people who were doing it.

It's easier to keep a secret than many here think. Especially when you believe that what you did was right and necessary.
Quote:
Operation Northwoods was a series of false flag proposals that originated within the United States government in 1962, but were rejected by the Kennedy administration.[2]
I'm confused as to how this would support a conspiracy theory.
__________________
My Gun Photos
686Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:20   #25
Atlas
transmogrifier
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 14,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
...
It's easier to keep a secret than many here think. Especially when you believe that what you did was right and necessary.
I can't disagree but many here do.
Many here have claimed repeatedly (in past threads) that there are NO secrets kept within the U.S. government and/or other circles of power nationally.

That seems incredibly silly to me.


.
__________________
June 28, 2012: the day the American republic died.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:43.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,081
377 Members
704 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42