SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 16:13   #1
FiremanMike
Way too busy

So firearms companies are screwing cops..

I read a headline that several firearm/accessory manufacturers (Olympic arms and larue included) were supposedly refusing to sell to cops in states where politicians are passing stricter gun laws.

Is this true?

Why the hell are they punishing the cops who have nothing to do with these political games?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.
Old 02-18-2013, 16:17   #2
SPIN2010
Searching ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
I read a headline that several firearm/accessory manufacturers (Olympic arms and larue included) were supposedly refusing to sell to cops in states where politicians are passing stricter gun laws.

Is this true?

Why the hell are they punishing the cops who have nothing to do with these political games?
Because, it is every COTUS believing/supporting American's job/duty to stand up to the illegal tyranny that is leaking out of the so called leaders in the Wash D.C. sewer.
Old 02-18-2013, 16:23   #3
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
Because, it is every COTUS believing/supporting American's job/duty to stand up to the illegal tyranny that is leaking out of the so called leaders in the Wash D.C. sewer.
Aside from being grammatically a mess, your diatribe does not answer the question.

Why punish the cops who do not make the idiotic laws?
Old 02-18-2013, 16:40   #4
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Aside from being grammatically a mess, your diatribe does not answer the question.

Its not about punishment.

Lets say ALL gun manufactures refuse to sell to LEOs in the state of NY. No government buys, and no private purchaces.

Now, the state governments have a real issue on their hands, their LEOs will no longer have firearms to perform their duties. The state governments will have incredible pressure to amend the law or repeal it.

That's the motivation behind this.
Old 02-18-2013, 16:40   #5
kurt1305

Quote:

It is my understanding many cops in NY support the weapons bans. Larue and Olympia are making political statements.
Old 02-18-2013, 16:43   #6
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt1305 View Post
It is my understanding many cops in NY support the weapons bans. Larue and Olympia are making political statements.
Care to enlighten us on this baseless third hand info?
Old 02-18-2013, 19:05   #7
RocPO

Quote:
You're from TX. How many NY LEO's do you actually know? All you see on TV is the political talking heads (Commissioners/Chiefs) who only parrot what their handlers say. I AM a cop in NY. I know quite a few cops in NY. None of us, that I have spoken to personally, agree with this edict from King Andy. The problem lies in that we're not allowed to make statements to the press like the appointees are.
Old 02-19-2013, 16:55   #8
Hrsuhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocPO View Post
You're from TX. How many NY LEO's do you actually know? All you see on TV is the political talking heads (Commissioners/Chiefs) who only parrot what their handlers say. I AM a cop in NY. I know quite a few cops in NY. None of us, that I have spoken to personally, agree with this edict from King Andy. The problem lies in that we're not allowed to make statements to the press like the appointees are.
Vote of no confidense?
Old 02-21-2013, 18:23   #9
dbarry

Quote:
The no guns sign at my local bank (where I closed all my accounts and moved them to a bank that doesn't have the no guns sign) is a political statement too. Unless one believes the owner of said bank really believes that will keep the bad guys out... :O)
Old 02-23-2013, 19:06   #10
RetailNinjitsu

Quote:
Far from true. The NYS Sheriff's association has passed a resolution opposing the law...so have dozens of local and county benevolent associations. Most cops I know are among the most outspoken supporters of the 2nd...
Old 02-18-2013, 17:17   #11
cesaros

Quote:
Why punish the citizens who are not breaking said laws?

The police aren't being "punished", they are being held to the same standard as everyone else.

Why are you attacking the MANUFACTURER, when your real enemies are the legislators.

The pen IS mightier than the sword; but when you run out of ink, I will be ready with plenty of ammo.
Old 02-18-2013, 17:21   #12
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaros View Post

The police aren't being "punished", they are being held to the same standard as everyone else.

Why are you attacking the MANUFACTURER, when your real enemies are the legislators.
Why attack the cops on the street instead of the legislators, who are the real enemies? The firearms companies are trying to use cops as pawns, even the scumbag legislators aren't doing that..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.
Old 02-18-2013, 17:35   #13
Fiery Red XIII
CLM Number 223
Adorkable

Quote:
Why attack the cops on the street instead of the legislators, who are the real enemies? The firearms companies are trying to use cops as pawns, even the scumbag legislators aren't doing that..
Because they are agents of the government, enforcing the laws enacted by the legislators? Legislators ALWAYS use cops/FF as pawns...you know that! Anytime they want a tax increase they say if it doesn't happen, LEO/FF/EMS are first in line for cuts!

ETA: I know the cops don't pick the rules...but ist seems to be all state .gov agencies being punished...and it's not really punishment since they can contract elsewhere. Also, some of the companies doing this are doing it to avoid liability...it's happened before. Agents order something from a website in violation of the law...if said item ships there, they go on the offensive...Remember Tommy? lol

Red

Last edited by Fiery Red XIII; 02-18-2013 at 17:38.. Reason: see ETA
Old 02-19-2013, 16:44   #14
Hrsuhd

Quote:
Police unions in the states that inact these types of laws tend to support progressive legislators so by getting leo to get on thier unions ....
Old 02-22-2013, 11:42   #15
Stlbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaros View Post

This would be my position as well.

The people who are taking these weapons away from LEOs are the politicians who are passing these ridiculous restrictions.
Old 02-19-2013, 19:39   #16
Andy123

Quote:

1. Because they enforce them.
2. Because their political groups support them.
3. They appear for photo ops with politicians who do write the laws.
4. They should not be above the laws they enforce.

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn are put in the same box."

"The camel dances, and having danced, moves on."
Old 02-19-2013, 22:50   #17
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy123 View Post
I AM THE LAW!

Gotta love Dredd
Old 02-20-2013, 02:37   #18
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy123 View Post
1. Because they enforce them.
2. Because their political groups support them.
3. They appear for photo ops with politicians who do write the laws.
The us/them attitude is nauseating. I know more cops willing to stand up and lose their jobs over your rights than you have any idea. You don't understand what allies you have in LE, at least until you start the jackboot bull****. Cops I know have spoken out about this issue at greater risk to their jobs than any non LE I know.

As for your points:
1. I started on the job prior to the end of the last AWB. Guess how many guns w/ flash hiders I took or +10 rnd mags?? Zero. We also have an adultery law on our books. Guess how many people I've arrested for that? Don't think we are a bunch of lemmings that just shrug our shoulders and violate our oaths on a whim from some ********* politician.

2. I don't know about the big union agencies, but my political group consists of ~50 officers and a Chief with more integrity than you could find at a Boy Scout Jamboree. Everyone else can go to hell.

3. Who appears in the photo ops? The chiefs of a few of the largest cities in the country who also happen to have the worst violent crime in the country. Those puppets don't speak for all of law enforcement or even the majority of their departments. They are political figureheads who do political bidding and the state of their cities shows it.

4. We are all in the same boat together. Just because there may be a job related need to have access to something Joe on the street doesn't have or to run code through a red light on occasion doesn't put cops above anyone else. It's part of the job and a part that could make the difference between life/death for you or a loved one someday. Those things also happen to put a lot of guys at greater personal liability than you have to worry about at the office.

This attitude sounds just like the liberals who are *****ing/moaning about why anyone needs an "assault" weapon. They think gun owners will wield weapons as they themselves would and they fear the result. Too many people think all cops ride around with a Napoleon complex, sitting on a pedestal above the citizenry because if they had that "power", that's what they would do. Reality is 99% of the guys work their asses off for little or no thanks and consider their risks, sacrifices and meager pay to be worth the personal satisfaction found in serving their communities and those who cannot protect nor serve themselves.
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.
Old 02-19-2013, 23:50   #19
kellyclan

Quote:

So the politically appointed hacks calling themselves cops like Gary McCarthy will have to go back to their teets and tell them they are no longer able to outgun the subjects who stand in the way of a police state.

Many cops have their heads on straight, and everyone knows this. But street guys don't usually have permission to speak publicly on political issues. So the admins who owe their jobs to powergrubbing mayors get to go on TV and make claims that the rights of citizens should be revoked and granted by internet opinion polls because that's what the mayor told them to do.

If a "weapon of war" is too dangerous for a peaceful man to use to protect his home, it certainly has NO business being wielded by those that would enforce the law upon us. This is not "screwing" with cops. It is simply a refusal to treat them as a privileged class of citizenry.

The *probability* a cop will need to use lethal force may be greater than mine, but the *severity of need* once lethal force is called for is equal for all men, regardless of who signs your paycheck. If probability was the measure by which we assign need, than cops in places like Newtown would not even be carrying guns.

Last edited by kellyclan; 02-20-2013 at 00:01..
Old 02-21-2013, 11:10   #20
Lord

Quote:

It does answer the question. Use that intelligence you're trying to flaunt, and maybe re-read his response.

Closed Thread