Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-07-2013, 16:20   #1
tslex

Dorner false flag?

Look, honest, I am NOT a conspiracy guy. (i.e., I think Sandy Hook probably happened about how it has been portrayed).

But this Chris Dorner rampage out in LA, and the supposed "manifesto" he posted? It is just TOO handy, too direct for the gun control advocates.

I mean -- come on. Consider this excerpt:

Quote:
If you had a well regulated AWB, this would not happen. The time is now to reinstitute a ban that will save lives. Why does any sportsman need a 30 round magazine for hunting? Why does anyone need a suppressor? Why does anyone need a AR15 rifle? This is the same small arms weapons system utilized in eradicating Al Qaeda, Taliban, and every enemy combatant since the Vietnam war. Don't give me that crap that its not a select fire or full auto rifle like the DoD uses. That's bull**** because troops who carry the M-4/M-16 weapon system for combat ops outside the wire rarely utilize the select fire function when in contact with enemy combatants. The use of select fire probably isn't even 1% in combat. So in essence, the AR-15 semiautomatic rifle is the same as the M-4/M-16. These do not need to be purchased as easily as walking to your local Walmart or striking the enter key on your keyboard to "add to cart". All the firearms utilized in my activities are registered to me and were legally purchased at gun stores and private party transfers. All concealable weapons (pistols) were also legally register in my name at police stations or FFL's. Unfortunately, are you aware that I obtained class III weapons (suppressors) without a background check thru NICS or DROS completely LEGALLY several times? I was able to use a trust account that I created on quicken will maker and a $10 notary charge at a mailbox etc. to obtain them legally. Granted, I am not a felon, nor have a DV misdemeanor conviction or active TRO against me on a NCIC file. I can buy any firearm I want, but should I be able to purchase these class III weapons (SBR's, and suppressors) without a background check and just a $10 notary signature on a quicken will maker program? The answer is NO. I'm not even a resident of the state i purchased them in. Lock n Load just wanted money so they allow you to purchase class III weapons with just a notarized trust, military ID. Shame on you, Lock n Load. NFA and ATF need new laws and policies that do not allow loopholes such as this. In the end, I hope that you will realize that the small arms I utilize should not be accessed with the ease that I obtained them. Who in there right mind needs a ****ing silencer!!! who needs a freaking SBR AR15? No one. No more Virginia Tech, Columbine HS, Wisconsin temple, Aurora theatre, Portland malls, Tucson rally, Newtown Sandy Hook. Whether by executive order or thru a bi-partisan congress an assault weapons ban needs to be re-instituted. Period!!!
You can read the whole rant at http://www.crimefilenews.com/ and other sites, although many media outlet have scrubbed even what they say is the unabridged manifesto.

But seriously, the guy goes out to kill cops and their families and sets down a manifesto that includes language that "if only there were an AWB I couldn't do this"? That seems more than a little too neat, no?

Current post:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The Ugliest of Things
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
tslex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 16:25   #2
hooligan74

Did you read the rest of it? The dude was obviously a whack-a-loon. Stop trying to figure out what he meant. It is impossible to apply logic to the illogical.
hooligan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 18:52   #3
tslex

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan74 View Post
Did you read the rest of it? The dude was obviously a whack-a-loon. Stop trying to figure out what he meant. It is impossible to apply logic to the illogical.

Look, I know this is true. I do.

But , , , geesh.

Current post:

The Ugliest of Things
Old 02-07-2013, 16:28   #4
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Who knows? Our government did give drug cartels "assault weapons" with the intent that these guns would be used on our streets and which would cause an outpouring of desire for a new AWB.

Then there was that whole MK Ultra thing....
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 16:28   #5
cowboy1964

He's just a madman.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 16:52   #6
HarlDane

I think even those in the Federal Government know that a crazed gunman in the middle of a killing spree isn't the most effective spokesperson for gun control.

Last edited by HarlDane; 02-07-2013 at 16:56..
HarlDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 16:58   #7
Annoyinglylongname

Of course he's a madman. And he graduated from the police academy and passed that psyche test some of the boys in blue on here thinks somehow elevates them above the rest of us mere mortals.
This is precisely the reason i object to police departments or leos being allowed to have anything the rest of us cant have
Annoyinglylongname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:18   #8
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoyinglylongname View Post
Of course he's a madman. And he graduated from the police academy and passed that psyche test some of the boys in blue on here thinks somehow elevates them above the rest of us mere mortals.
This is precisely the reason i object to police departments or leos being allowed to have anything the rest of us cant have
I'd like to be able to have what people in other states have.

It would be interesting to peek into his psych test. I wonder if there were warning signs but they were ignore of other reasons. LAPD has done that before.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:52   #9
maxsnafu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
It would be interesting to peek into his psych test. I wonder if there were warning signs but they were ignore of other reasons. LAPD has done that before.
Affirmative Action covers a multitude of sins.
Old 02-07-2013, 17:22   #10
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

I'm usually happy with 20 round mags. Any democrap gun grabber that wants to go stalking wild pigs in the dark, that can run in family packs of 20 or 30, and weigh over 400 pounds in country with mountain lions with me, and carry a bolt/lever/pump with a 5 round limit can if they want to.

It's really not about what I need, it's about what I want, and what I have a right too.

This guy is just another rabid dog that needs putting down.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-07-2013 at 17:23..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:02   #11
akroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I'm usually happy with 20 round mags.
Me too. The 30-35 rounders are too long for firing in prone position.

The Second Amendment: giving teeth to the remaining 26.
Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
akroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:22   #12
cowboy1964

Oh, and if this was a setup or plant to garner support for the AWB and gun control, wouldn't it make more sense for them to make him out to be a PRO-gun nut, rather than an anti??

Last edited by cowboy1964; 02-07-2013 at 17:23..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 18:18   #13
Kentak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Oh, and if this was a setup or plant to garner support for the AWB and gun control, wouldn't it make more sense for them to make him out to be a PRO-gun nut, rather than an anti??
Bingo!
Old 02-07-2013, 19:34   #14
JFrame

Quote:

Hmmm... Political Issues

Okay -- case closed...

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 19:56   #15
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Good observation. Anti-gun Obama voter gun grabbing supporters are the reason I want and have a right to high capacity magazines.

Romney voters are much less likely to be roving in bands of brigands looking for food when the handouts stop.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:16   #16
RussP

Quote:
Wouldn't matter.

I believe the media is using "shoulder fired weapon" to describe the firearm. How soon will that become part of the legislative lexicon?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 18:15   #17
Kentak

No conspiracy theories needed.

He's an angry, disturbed, disgruntled, fired ex-cop who blames others for his troubles and is lashing out. These happen now and then, similar loonies, different specific situations. It's why the term, "Going postal" was coined.

But, hey, conspiracy theories are fun.
Old 02-07-2013, 18:36   #18
snerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentak View Post

He's an angry, disturbed, disgruntled, fired ex-cop who blames others for his troubles and is lashing out. These happen now and then, similar loonies, different specific situations. It's why the term, "Going postal" was coined.

Just a footnote......... I was living in Edmond, OK in 1986. I believe it was a Tuesday, about 2:00pm. I called the post office to inquire about a package they were holding for me. The lady who answered said "I'm sorry, the post office is closed." It didn't dawn on me until after I hung up that it was only 2:00pm on a weekday. I called back, no one answered. I heard the news a few hours later.
Quote:
On Aug. 20, 1986, gunman Patrick Henry Sherrill shot and killed 14 co-workers, wounded six and then took his own life inside the post office where he worked.

http://amarillo.com/diana-baldwin/20...after-25-years
Old 02-07-2013, 20:08   #19
Kentak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerd View Post
Just a footnote......... I was living in Edmond, OK in 1986. I believe it was a Tuesday, about 2:00pm. I called the post office to inquire about a package they were holding for me. The lady who answered said "I'm sorry, the post office is closed." It didn't dawn on me until after I hung up that it was only 2:00pm on a weekday. I called back, no one answered. I heard the news a few hours later.
That must have been an "Oh Crap" moment.
Old 02-07-2013, 18:53   #20
tslex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentak View Post

All true. It's just reading talking points from the CSGV in the manifesto , , , ,

Current post:

The Ugliest of Things