Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:55   #1
mdlott

Polytech Stamped SP

Howdy folks. I could use some guidance please. I have the opportunity to trade my AMD65 + 300$ for a stamped Polytech post ban. The PT has the Choate black plastic furniture, welded barrel nut and original Chinese sling. Missing mags and cleaning rod, no box or paperwork. Research indicates that these were caught up in customs, Keng sued the Feds and won, and appx 4000 were released in 1996. As part of the deal, Keng had to sporterize them. Any idea on the value of the PT? I know 6 months ago, that 800 to 1000 would be reasonable. Please help a brother out.
mdlott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:11   #2
plouffedaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlott View Post
Howdy folks. I could use some guidance please. I have the opportunity to trade my AMD65 + 300$ for a stamped Polytech post ban. The PT has the Choate black plastic furniture, welded barrel nut and original Chinese sling. Missing mags and cleaning rod, no box or paperwork. Research indicates that these were caught up in customs, Keng sued the Feds and won, and appx 4000 were released in 1996. As part of the deal, Keng had to sporterize them. Any idea on the value of the PT? I know 6 months ago, that 800 to 1000 would be reasonable. Please help a brother out.
As far as the value today in this market...

That said, IMO it's easily $300 'nicer' than your AMD. I'd go for it, cut the weld and replace the furniture. You'd have yourself an excellent AK when you were done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote