Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2013, 20:22   #1
pcs74

POPVOX Spotlight - Firearms and Gun Control

I searched and only found one post about this in the Gun Control forum. It didn't do a good job of explaining what can be done with popvox and the traffic there is nonexistent compared to GNG, so I wanted to bring it to your attention. Please excuse me if I missed another post somewhere.

All of the recently introduced Firearms and Gun Control related bills can be seen at the link below.

There are 32 of them. And no, the gun control debate is not dead, it is just getting started so it will be best to be way out front on all of these bills.

If you are unfamiliar with Popvox, by clicking on the bill number you can access a page to send a letter to your representatives expressing your support or opposition to the bill.

It is just as easy as the Ruger Protect Your Rights campaign... only it will take a little longer because you can submit letters for all 32 bills. This is 32x the effect.

It is time for everyone to get into the fight... so please take the time and hit each bill. It is worth it, and it does make a difference.

I have placed a few sample letters below so you can copy and paste, making it even easier. Also, note that you will want to support s82, hr410, hres40, hr133, and hr35. Oppose all others.

http://www.popvox.com/blog/2013/issu...irearms-113th/

Please begin all letters with a simple one line support or oppose statement. For example:

I oppose S150

or

I support S82.

Then follow that with your own letter, copy and paste from below, find a sample letter you like online or mix and match with all of these options.

Sample Letters:

--------

All currently proposed firearm, magazine and ammunition bans and restrictions are in direct violation of the 2nd Amendment, are therefore unconstitutional and for that reason alone may not be passed.

Prior Supreme Court decisions have stated that the 2nd Amendment protects any firearm that would be suitable for use in the role of a citizens militia(US v. Miller) and that the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear those arms(DC v. Heller). In addition any restrictions placed on magazine capacity or ammunition infringe on the second amendment, which is specifically prohibited in the very text of the amendment. For these reasons you must oppose any restrictions introduced.

The types of firearms, and the citizens, that the proposed ban would affect are already protected by these two rulings in addition to the Bill of Rights. Therefore no law can be passed without a direct and willful disregard for the United States Constitution, the Supreme Courts stance on matters of the 2nd Amendment and the Oath of Office you took to uphold the Unites States Constitution.

Please vote accordingly on this and all other firearms ban and restriction legislation.

-------

In addition I oppose any high capacity magazine, "assault weapon", ammunition or any other firearms ban or restriction legislation that is introduced. These bills will be ineffective in fighting crime, as all previous similar bills have been, and will constitute an infringement of our constitutional rights as guaranteed by the second amendment.

These problems can be solved without attacking the constitutional rights of millions of law abiding American citizens.

Please vote accordingly on this and all other firearms legislation.

--------

I believe The Constitution of The United States is without question, mankind's greatest achievement. The men who wrote it, our Founding Fathers, were brilliant and the document they created reflects this. It is flawless.

They defined the rules that their, and now our, government should follow. They set laws for the government to obey, not for the people to obey. By adhering to these laws the people would be protected from the government, and from themselves.

We, out of sheer ignorance, lack of mental capability, unwillingness, and nefarious purposes completely fail to understand or willfully disregard how the document, and therefore our government is designed to work. We have literally turned it into the exact thing it was designed never to become.

We have set forth a monster of rules, regulations and laws that no person can fully know or comprehend. A monster that is completely unmanageable and uncontrollable, that obeys no law, follows no rule, and has no moral guide.

It is time to return our government to operating within the rules our forefathers set for it.

For this reason I urge you to vote in support of the principals of The Constitution of the United States and according to our forefathers intentions.

pcs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 22:54   #2
pcs74

Just curious if anyone acted on this??

Chris
pcs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 22:55   #3
SPIN2010
Searching ...

I have been hitting POPVOX for quite some time, as well as calling any and all involved in the bills/legislation.
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote