Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:52   #1
frank4570
Feral human

Which of you open carry activists pulled this?

"Man banned from Charlottesville Kroger after entering with loaded AR-15"

Scaring the crap out of a bunch of college kids is always a good way to get your message across.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/ar...9bb30f31a.html

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:02   #2
M&P15T
Beard One

Balls.

He has 'em.
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:47   #3
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Balls.

He has 'em.
Sometimes a poor substitute for brains, which he lacks.

Right now, OCing an AR or AK is throwing gasoline on a fire we are trying to get under control.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:58   #4
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Right now, OCing an AR or AK is throwing gasoline on a fire we are trying to get under control.
Really? I had no idea. Please explain.
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:00   #5
JAS104
NRA Life Member

I agree with Bren. a 22y/o man walking into a grocery store with an AR following all the fear mongering by the current administration is dumb.
Actions like this are like, 1 step forwards 2 steps back for us.

C'mon.. if you're going to OC stick a revolver on your hip and go to starbucks.

But as for OC- I'm not against it, its just not my thing.
Old 01-29-2013, 18:13   #6
Kentucky Shooter
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Balls.

He has 'em.
You got that right!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:09   #7
okie
GT Mayor

Wasn't me, I'm not the type to go out looking for attention
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 00:02   #8
Armedleprechaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Wasn't me, I'm not the type to go out looking for attention
This.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:09   #9
Psychman
NRA Life Member

Clean up in all the isles.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:29   #10
Bruce M

I am sure that did wonders to help convert many of the people who were there into gun rights advocates.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02   #11
mtber1172

Dumb move that doesn't help our cause.
mtber1172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02   #12
The Fed

F Kroger. They could of just told him not to bring a rifle into the store.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24   #13
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
Or, he could use what we mortals who don't open carry the very type of rifle that is being displayed nationally as a "baby killer" into a grocery store:

Common sense.

This clown is just like the folks in CA who proudly OC'd guns in an attempt to "normalize" their behavior (thus equating it to the gay rights movement*). They succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. It's no longer legal to open carry ANY handgun, loaded or not, in CA. And that is a DIRECT result of the OC community's actions.

As Russ always says: When, and where, appropriate.

*When gun owners get a plurality of media support, plus fans in the political world, along with TV shows and movies that feature open carriers in a positive manner - then you can equate gun rights to gay rights. Until then, simply acknowledge it's an uphill battle that can NOT be won by shoving slung AR-15's in people's faces, especially after all that has happened with that particular platform this past year.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:34   #14
The Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
Or, he could use what we mortals who don't open carry the very type of rifle that is being displayed nationally as a "baby killer" into a grocery store:

Common sense.

This clown is just like the folks in CA who proudly OC'd guns in an attempt to "normalize" their behavior (thus equating it to the gay rights movement*). They succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. It's no longer legal to open carry ANY handgun, loaded or not, in CA. And that is a DIRECT result of the OC community's actions.

*When gun owners get a plurality of media support, plus fans in the political world, along with TV shows and movies that feature open carriers in a positive manner - then you can equate gun rights to gay rights. Until then, simply acknowledge it's an uphill battle that can NOT be won by shoving slung AR-15's in people's faces, especially after all that has happened with that particular platform this past year.
You think that being allowed to openly carry an unloaded weapon is anything to brag about? You might as well be carrying a rock.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:24   #15
Reswob

Quote:
I am so ****ing sick and tired of people *****ing about OC in CA. Unloaded OC is THE ONLY WAY most CA residents can legally carry a firearms.

Situation 1) they didn't OC, they couldn't carry any guns.
Situation 2) they OC'd, some sheep *****ed about it, and now they can't carry guns.

At least in Situation 1 they could protect themselves for a little while.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:28   #16
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
I am so ****ing sick and tired of people *****ing about OC in CA. Unloaded OC is THE ONLY WAY most CA residents can legally carry a firearms.

Situation 2) they OC'd, some sheep *****ed about it, and now they can't carry guns.

Situation 3 - They find some way to establish residency in a CA county that WILL issue a permit.

Situation 4 (and I don't know, or care, if this works) - they find a way to get a non resident permit that CA honors.

And, as others have mentioned, calling people who choose not to carry a gun "sheep" is a GREAT way to get them on your side.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:59   #17
WarCry

Quote:
I am so ****ing sick and tired of people *****ing about OC in CA. Unloaded OC was THE ONLY WAY most CA residents could legally carry a firearms.
Because of the public outcry over the open-carry 'gatherings' (i.e. demonstrations), that's no longer an option.

Last edited by WarCry; 01-29-2013 at 11:00..
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:20   #18
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:

I think wprebeck agrees with you - it was good that they could at least carry openly and unloaded, but when the "activists" started calling attention to it and provoking police confrontations, the predicable result was that you lost all right to OC. Who didn't see that coming, besides some OC idiots.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:26   #19
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I think wprebeck agrees with you - it was good that they could at least carry openly and unloaded, but when the "activists" started calling attention to it and provoking police confrontations, the predicable result was that you lost all right to OC. Who didn't see that coming, besides some OC idiots.
What's so good about OC empty? Might as well carry a baton.

Life is a gamble. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. However you can't win if you sit at home and wait for the NRA or somebody else to do your work for you.

Maybe it's just because we Californians aren't afraid of fighting for our rights.
Old 01-29-2013, 13:00   #20
Carrys
Inquisitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I am sure that did wonders to help convert many of the people who were there into gun rights advocates.
On the other hand....I suspect those who were antis before, were antis afterward as well.

Now a days, that pendulum swings both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyn View Post

At what point does it go from rights to common sense?
Ah, there's the point is it not?

I learned long ago that just because something should be, doesn't mean it will be.....or that it is.

IMO, our maker.....while He did a great job in supplying us with what we call our natural rights, He left it to us to use that common sense He supplied us with as well. Unfortunitly, that's something we've fell far behind in over the years.

Having a right means one also has a responsibility and duty to use/express it with-in the guidelines of which they were given. Something tells me that as further our society gets from taking any responsibility for anything....so goes that common sense.

It seems what is called "normal" these days is whatever causes one to take/do as little responsibility as possible.

As always, it's our own darned lack of........well, lack of brains to be honest, that does us in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushinto View Post
Having the right to do something, and having the common sense and self control to NOT do something are two attributes one should have.

The guy was an idiot.

ML
Oh yes sir, that one little word.

Men Seem To Think Their God Is Like Their Govt.......He Is Supposed To Give Them Things, Not Ask Anything Of them.
Carrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:20   #21
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:

Common sense.

So, the CA people lost the right to open carry EMPTY GUNS. Yeah, what a loss.

At least they took the fight to the streets instead of whine about it.

They had dared to go against the sheeples' conventions, unlike scaredy kitties of your ilks.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:28   #22
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
So, the CA people lost the right to open carry EMPTY GUNS. Yeah, what a loss.

At least they took the fight to the streets instead of whine about it.

They had dared to go against the sheeples' conventions, unlike scaredy kitties of your ilks.
"My ilk"?

You must have me confused with someone else. My peeps and I can carry wherever, whenever ....for the most part. The trip to DC was pretty cool.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:30   #23
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
"My ilk"?

You must have me confused with someone else. My peeps and I can carry wherever, whenever ....for the most part. The trip to DC was pretty cool.
Oh yeah, your ilk are really brave about "carrying", but ain't doing squat about fighting for your rights. You probably donate to the NRA and then sit back thinking that you did your part, huh? I'll bet you even voted for that gun banning Romney dude too.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:14   #24
N4LP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
Kroger did the exact right thing. They're goal is to make money, not to protect your right to open carry an AR-15 in their store.
N4LP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:17   #25
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4LP View Post
Kroger did the exact right thing. They're goal is to make money, not to protect your right to open carry an AR-15 in their store.
No. Kroger, or in this case a manager at Kroger, made a business decision. Whether or not it was "the exact right thing" remains to be seen.

It would be interesting to see the income for that store for the last two months and the next two months and compare them to last year's.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote