GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 20:56   #1
sum-dum-guy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 359
most gun owners support AWB

Wow. I had not idea.

According to Alexix Mcgill Johnson from the Americans Value Institute, the great majority of gun owners systematically support assault weapon bans

I stand corrected

/sarcasm
__________________
Never listen to Sum Dum Guy on the internet....
sum-dum-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 21:03   #2
Harper
Senior Member
 
Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,480
That's sad if it's true.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 21:09   #3
Grabbrass
Senior Member
 
Grabbrass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Almost Heaven
Posts: 3,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
That's sad if it's true.
It's not. Gallup just came out with a poll a few days ago showing the majority of Americans (not gun owners only, but all persons) oppose another AWB.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159569/am...pose-bans.aspx
Grabbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:40   #4
random southpaw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbrass View Post
It's not. Gallup just came out with a poll a few days ago showing the majority of Americans (not gun owners only, but all persons) oppose another AWB.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159569/am...pose-bans.aspx
As emotions continue to run high, we can expect more distortions of "What gun owners really think" etc.

Thank you for discrediting the assertion that gun owners support any AWB!

Do not swallow any wild claims without verifying them first.
random southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 15:32   #5
Spiffums
I.C.P.
 
Spiffums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbrass View Post
It's not. Gallup just came out with a poll a few days ago showing the majority of Americans (not gun owners only, but all persons) oppose another AWB.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159569/am...pose-bans.aspx
They didn't call me............Maybe they called the idiot hunters who said I didn't need that 30 round mag in my AR as they loaded a deer they shot on our farm........guess who isn't hunting here next year.
__________________
Internet Celebrity Personality
Spiffums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 16:18   #6
Jonesee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
They didn't call me............Maybe they called the idiot hunters who said I didn't need that 30 round mag in my AR as they loaded a deer they shot on our farm........guess who isn't hunting here next year.

Your land, your perogative.

No one hunts our land but family for the last dozen years or so.

Last edited by Jonesee; 12-30-2012 at 16:22..
Jonesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 21:04   #7
adamg01
Senior Member
 
adamg01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: va
Posts: 3,327
The "assault rifle" enthusiasts make up such a small percentage of the firearm owning community that if you want one, you damn well better hurry. The capacity ban and awb is coming back really soon so you should seriously get what you need while you can.

I was laughed at on here right before November when I made the prediction that Obama will be reelected and he will use the next major shooting tragedy as a jumping off point for reinstating the ban 94. I have always used my head to make wagers and not my heart. I don't want it to happen, but realisticly I know it will happen.
adamg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 21:06   #8
shotgunred
reloading nut
 
shotgunred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N W Washington
Posts: 7,609
You can say anything you want. That doesn't make it true!
__________________
When dealing with Democrats, let us remember we are
not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with
creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudices
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 21:06   #9
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg01 View Post
The "assault rifle" enthusiasts make up such a small percentage of the firearm owning community that if you want one, you damn well better hurry. The capacity ban and awb is coming back really soon so you should seriously get what you need while you can.

I was laughed at on here right before November when I made the prediction that Obama will be reelected and he will use the next major shooting tragedy as a jumping off point for reinstating the ban 94. I have always used my head to make wagers and not my heart. I don't want it to happen, but realisticly I know it will happen.
I don't see it happening.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.
JohnnyReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 22:07   #10
SunsetMan
Proud Introvert
 
SunsetMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Between two ferns
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
I don't see it happening.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
That is what I thought in 1994.
__________________
Never miss an opportunity to meet someone, go to the bathroom, or take a sedative. - gwalchmai
SunsetMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:59   #11
nipperwolf
Senior Member
 
nipperwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: IN
Posts: 8,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum-dum-guy View Post
Wow. I had not idea.

According to Alexix Mcgill Johnson from the Americans Value Institute, the great majority of gun owners systematically support assault weapon bans

I stand corrected

/sarcasm
Got a link???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
That's sad if it's true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbrass View Post
It's not. Gallup just came out with a poll a few days ago showing the majority of Americans (not gun owners only, but all persons) oppose another AWB.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159569/am...pose-bans.aspx
__________________
'Assault is a behavior, not a device'

Quote:
We've gone from Socrates, to Snooki.
Ducky, NCIS
nipperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 00:36   #12
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP
 
MtBaldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: At the beach
Posts: 15,946


Quote:
Originally Posted by nipperwolf View Post
Got a link???
She just throws it out and offers no source:



She's a far left anti who runs a far left "think" tank that seems to be mainly concerned with finding racism in America where no one else can:

http://www.americanvaluesinstitute.org/?page_id=206
__________________
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury."
― Elmer T Peterson

Last edited by MtBaldy; 12-30-2012 at 00:37..
MtBaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 00:51   #13
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBaldy View Post
She just throws it out and offers no source:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/206121111...ylist_id=86923


She's a far left anti who runs a far left "think" tank that seems to be mainly concerned with finding racism in America where no one else can:

http://www.americanvaluesinstitute.org/?page_id=206
She seems familiar, where have I seen her before. Hmmmm...

__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:12   #14
sigman69
Senior Member
 
sigman69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Belton, Missouri, USA
Posts: 2,710
Quote:
I don't know any rabbit hunters, dove hunters, or deer hunters who ran out to buy an AR15.
The people who are buying those guns are a small specialty group. My Marine friend who just came back from killing hadgis in the sandbox says he has "all that he needs". That's about 4 mags.
Well i know alot of prairie dog hunters that do...as do people who varmint hunt... I have several friends back from the kitty litter box and got semi auto AR's so what is your point?
__________________
Colts & Kimbers are what you show your friends. Glocks are what you show your enemies.
sigman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 16:23   #15
M&P Shooter
Metal Member
 
M&P Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 10,455
Guys just stop the BS i recently found out my AR-15 is addicted to crack cocaine and sneaks out every night holding up gas stations and liquor stores to support it's habit
__________________
R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell
August 20, 1966 December 8, 2004
M&P Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 16:41   #16
mwelch8404
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cedar City UT
Posts: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
Guys just stop the BS i recently found out my AR-15 is addicted to crack cocaine and sneaks out every night holding up gas stations and liquor stores to support it's habit
Just switch the selector from "Auto" (yes, I know, I know) to "Safe" then u don't needa worry.
__________________
Ex-Squid. Ex-Grunt Corpsman ("Doc.") Ex-Redleg. Ex-Chem NCO. Now under deep cover as an old, fat, gray haired guy...
mwelch8404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 21:09   #17
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 16,703
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum-dum-guy View Post
Wow. I had not idea.

According to Alexix Mcgill Johnson from the Americans Value Institute, the great majority of gun owners systematically support assault weapon bans

I stand corrected

/sarcasm
Probably true. Most gun owners are not black rifle owners. And the truth is they don't care. Ask Zumbo.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 21:30   #18
sum-dum-guy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
Probably true. Most gun owners are not black rifle owners. And the truth is they don't care. Ask Zumbo.
I fear this may be true. My faith in humanity has been on the decline for so long, that it would not surprise me if the gun owning population was just as short sighted and stupid as to believe that if it does not directly affect them that they do not need to care.

Divide and conquer. So maybe by splitting off and demonizing those who own evil Assault weapons, they can weaken the gun population enough to get what they want.

WTF. I hope this is not true

PS: These should be called Freedom firearms instead of assault weapons.
__________________
Never listen to Sum Dum Guy on the internet....
sum-dum-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 21:36   #19
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 16,703
Blog Entries: 1
It's exactly what they did to the .50 cal guys in california. Not ever used in a crime, not once ever. But the .50 cal guys numbers were very small, so it was easy to drive over the top of them, "JUST IMAGINE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF ONE OF THESE WEAPONS GOT INTO THE HANDS OF A MANIAC!!!!" .50 cals banned in california.
Some comforting pats on the back for the anti-gun guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum-dum-guy View Post
I fear this may be true. My faith in humanity has been on the decline for so long, that it would not surprise me if the gun owning population was just as short sighted and stupid as to believe that if it does not directly affect them that they do not need to care.

Divide and conquer. So maybe by splitting off and demonizing those who own evil Assault weapons, they can weaken the gun population enough to get what they want.

WTF. I hope this is not true

PS: These should be called Freedom firearms instead of assault weapons.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 21:42   #20
Blast
'nuff said
 
Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NKY/Cincinnati area
Posts: 19,653


Is my Hi-Point 9mm carbine considered an assault rifle? After all it is black and semi-auto.
__________________
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be - Albert Einstein
Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 21:48   #21
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 16,703
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
Is my Hi-Point 9mm carbine considered an assault rifle? After all it is black and semi-auto.
Your 9mm YOU DON'T HAVE ANYMORE, right? Just clarifying.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 21:57   #22
carrynaspringfield45
Dirk
 
carrynaspringfield45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
Is my Hi-Point 9mm carbine considered an assault rifle? After all it is black and semi-auto.
Nah, it's just fugly... however i have recently found hi cap mags for 'em.
__________________
Semper Fi
carrynaspringfield45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 00:50   #23
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
Is my Hi-Point 9mm carbine considered an assault rifle? After all it is black and semi-auto.
"Friends don't let friends buy Hi-Points."
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 21:50   #24
NorthernAlpine
RLTW
 
NorthernAlpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Red State
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum-dum-guy View Post
PS: These should be called Freedom firearms instead of assault weapons.

__________________
Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left.
Ty Webb
Nobody else really uses the term "meleee weapons" unless it is leaking into mall ninja land from the large population of D&D playing mall ninjas.
Bren
NorthernAlpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 21:55   #25
carbuncle
is not cool.
 
carbuncle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,876
Divide and conquer, the oldest tactic in the book. The statement is made to seed the concept of concession and failure, and to isolate those who resist as a fringe minority. We're better than falling for this, let's stick together and keep fighting.
__________________
carbuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:44.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 903
225 Members
678 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42