Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-23-2012, 23:28   #1
Actionmonkey

G17 Suppressor

Well now that I own 5 total Glocks and soon to obtain another one from a coworker who is leaving.....I have the new desire to be able to outfit my G17 with a threaded barrel and soon obtain a suppressor.

Anyone know of any places I can obtain a reliable barrel and good suppressor brands/models? Watching a few videos online have only made me want to get it sooner.

Thoughts?

Thanks for all the info and advice!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 00:50   #2
rimshaker

Got my factory threaded barrels below. Grab em while you can.

http://www.runzossports.com/glock-m1...l-p-36918.html
rimshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 13:27   #3
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshaker View Post
Got my factory threaded barrels below. Grab em while you can.

http://www.runzossports.com/glock-m1...l-p-36918.html
That is not the common thread pattern for most American suppressors. The common American thread pattern is 1/2 x 28.

I am looking at a 9mm suppressor in the next year.
The top 4 on my list are:
Silencerco Osprey
Octane2 HD SWR
TiRant9 AAC
Liberty mystic

If this is your first suppressor (or only suppressor) the Liberty Mystic has a lot of advantages. This is not my first suppressor so the other three have advantages.

As far as barrels...
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=237
Javis
Storm lake
and I know I am forgetting a couple other manufacturers.

Discussion of ban. The last ban did not remove the barrels fro the market, it removed the ability to legally add a threaded barrel to a NEW gun. There is no way of knowing what the politicians will plan to do with the new legislation. AND I don't think it will pass, but ....
Old 01-08-2013, 13:29   #4
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Being that you will need to work with a local class 3 dealer, that might be a good place to start. IF you find a good one which deals in brand X, then brand X has the most advantages to YOU.
Old 01-08-2013, 13:35   #5
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Since you will have to work with a local class3 FFL. Finding the local class3 you want to work with is probably the best first step. If that dealer deals in brand X then brand X may be the best suppressor for YOU.
Old 01-11-2013, 15:55   #6
DARKSHADOW
CLM Number 205
My Work Hobby

I'm running a Lonewolf barrel & a Gemtech Multimount on my Glock 34. With the multiple mount's that they make for it, I can mount it on just about any 9mm barrel.
Right now I have the L.I.D. mount with 1/2x28 for my G34, and also a 3-Lug QR mount for use on my 9mm AR pistol. And I just ordered a piston blocking tube for it wich turns the L.I.D. mount into just a threaded mount, and also a 1/2x36 piston just to have another thread option down the road if needed.

Free Fire Zone

Free Fire Zone
NRA Life Member
Thin to win - G36 Club #44
Florida Glockers - #254
DARKSHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote