SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 00:30   #1
dvegas
Glock Shooter

New Glock 19 gen 4 ejection problems

So after doing some web research, it sounded like the ejection problems for gen4 models had been fixed. So I bought a new Glock 19 Gen 4, serial TTV***, test shot in 9/2012. The first trip to the range, I had about 1 shell to the top of the head per magazine and erratic ejection. After 500 rounds I am now getting 1-2 shells to the forehead, occasionally to the glasses and very erratic ejection.

I have tried multiple different types of ammo including WWB and Federal, mostly 115g. I even tried a Winchester 124g NATO, which was better, but I still got a really hard shell right to the middle of my forehead.

This just isn't right. I bought a new glock for self-defense and CC, wanting something that would work no matter what. Now I have a gun that ejects shells into my face. Although a random shell to the forehead at the range is still not acceptable, it isn't a big deal. However a shell to the eye, without safety glasses on in the middle of the night, is a completely different animal. (I hope I got the bad guy with the first shot, cuz I can't see him now)

This is a Glock, not an off brand cheapo. I could replace the ejector with an Apex one, but I already paid for a new gun and expect it to work properly. Plus, although I don't really use it, I don't want to install a non-LCI extractor (I can hear the lawyers now "so you removed one of the saftey devices from your gun..."

I called Glock and they said there weren't ejection problems with the Gen 4 (really?) I was told that I had the most up to date parts on my gun. I have the 0-3-4 spring and the 30274 ejector. I asked about the dipped extractors (which I have), and was told that Glock had been using those extractors for years. They are letting me send my gun in to see if there is something wrong...

Sorry for another rant on ejection problems, but I was under the impression that these problems were fixed. I wouldn't have bought one if I knew the problems still existed. I just want to put it out there that new Glock 19 Gen 4 models still have ejection problems.
dvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:21   #2
Police305

I also bought a Gen 4 G19 after reading that the ejection problems had been solved...well, after 160 rounds fired during my G19's first range visit, I can say that the shells-to-the-face problem is STILL present!...in 160 rounds fired, i got hit in the forehead maybe 2-3 times.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:35   #3
AK47Man
Expert Marksman

My Gen 3 G19 did the same thing..About one to two in the face per mag...After putting about 500+ rounds through it and installing a captured SS guide rod; It stopped..Dont know if it needed breaking in or the guide rod stopped it..But it works flawlessly now...
Ruger LCP Ruger Mark III 22/45
Ruger 10/22 Stainless Henry 22Mag Frontier Octagon
AK47Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:37   #4
Bruce M

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your G19s.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:23   #5
J.B.

Where did you guys read the ejection problems were solved?
J.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:25   #6
ca survivor

ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33   #7
firstg19

ejection problems have not been solved. I have a gen4 g34 that does it. My gen4 g26 does it as well, but it is only like 1 BTF every 25-50 rounds. I have sent my gen4 g34 to glock and they did nothing except send it back saying meets spec. I sent it back again hoping they do something this time. I called glock as well originally and they told me all ejection problems have been solved. They have to know that there are still problems based on all the reports on this forum of people contacting them. The problem is in a lot of cases they get the guns, fire a few mags through them and send them back. They consider erratic ejection to be "meets spec" I'm guessing.
firstg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 16:30   #8
voyager4520
-----

Since you already have the 30274 ejector, the most you could do is try swapping extractors. The latest non-dipped extractors seem to work well for most people and that's what Glock in Smyrna is using now. Hopefully they'll save you the trouble and install one when they get your gun.
Old 12-03-2012, 23:07   #9
dvegas
Glock Shooter

This is exactly the thread I want... A bunch of people with new Glocks that still have the ejection problem (actually I wish there wasn't a problem). That way when you search for it on the web it is still clear that the problem is still present. Maybe Glock will do something about it.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:01   #10
COYBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvegas View Post
This is exactly the thread I want... A bunch of people with new Glocks that still have the ejection problem (actually I wish there wasn't a problem). That way when you search for it on the web it is still clear that the problem is still present. Maybe Glock will do something about it.

Don't count on Glock doing something about it. I had to buy a Lone Wolf extractor for my 30sf, because Glock gave me the run around and would not do anything. Ejection problem was solved with the cast extractor over the mim extractor.
COYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:59   #11
ken grant

Gen. 3---19--brass to face, crazy ejection,weak ejection.

Polished extractor----no change

GSSF guys replaced extractor---no change

New plunger spring------ no change

30274 ejector----big change but not 100%

Replaced LCI SLB with a Non-LCI SLB----- now cured for several 1,000 rds.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:41   #12
ken grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
Gen. 3---19--brass to face, crazy ejection,weak ejection.

Polished extractor----no change

GSSF guys replaced extractor---no change

New plunger spring------ no change

30274 ejector----big change but not 100%

Replaced LCI SLB with a Non-LCI SLB----- now cured for several 1,000 rds.

Will have to change this post. Last range trip I fired about 200 rds. and had one case to hit me in the chest.
Old 12-03-2012, 23:20   #13
HEXE9
Shootin' Fool

Sorry to hear about your issues.

Have you been surfing GT for a while and decided to join yesterday or today so you could post this thread?

Or did you just stumble onto GT while looking for a place to vent?

Just curious.

Seems anymore these threads are started by folks who join the same day they post about how crappy their Glock is.

Nothing personal. It's just sometimes the circumstances can seem a little fishy.

Please keep us posted after your M19 returns from GA.
Old 12-04-2012, 15:42   #14
RRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXE9 View Post
~
Have you been surfing GT for a while and decided to join yesterday or today so you could post this thread?

Just curious.

Seems anymore these threads are started by folks who join the same day they post about how crappy their Glock is.

Nothing personal. It's just sometimes the circumstances can seem a little fishy.
~
It's possible that after the gun is purchased and fails to perform as expected, the buyer turns to the Internet, looking for information to resolve the problem. That trail leads through Google and straight to GlockTalk. So then the buyer creates a GT user ID and joins in the discussion, hoping to find a solution to the problem.

That doesn't seem so fishy now, does it? And it is exactly what happened to me. I didn't know GT existed until I began searching the web for information to resolve my BTF problem with a new USA G19 Gen4.

I keep reading these threads because I'm still hoping Glock will eventually acknowledge the problem and offer a permanent solution.
RRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 15:59   #15
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRP View Post
...I didn't know GT existed until I began searching the web for information to resolve my BTF problem with a new USA G19 Gen4...

Why didn't you ask someone else at your range to shoot the gun to be objective? I saw a Mexican midget shooting a brand new Gen 4 G19 last week on the border and he had perfect ejections with Fed. Champion Wally World ammo. I'd hate to think that a Mexican midget had a better grip than a full grown man.

Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 17:51   #16
RRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Why didn't you ask someone else at your range to shoot the gun to be objective? I saw a Mexican midget shooting a brand new Gen 4 G19 last week on the border and he had perfect ejections with Fed. Champion Wally World ammo. I'd hate to think that a Mexican midget had a better grip than a full grown man.

You can allow a Mexican midget to grip yours if you wish, but I'll pass on that.
RRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:35   #17
dvegas
Glock Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXE9 View Post
Sorry to hear about your issues.

I actually was stalking Glock Talk prior to my purchase. It seemed that most people were happy with their new Gen 4s and I thought the problem was solved. I am not a Glock hater. I have several XDMs, but wanted a Glock 19 because its smaller and smoother for CC. I also wanted a Glock since it has had such a good reputation as being a solid, never fail gun. I'm not really venting, I just want the new guns to work right and want to warn any perspective buyers that there is still an ongoing ejection problem.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:51   #18
PAGunner

Screw sending it in, just get an Apex extractor and be done with it.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:18   #19
firstg19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
Screw sending it in, just get an Apex extractor and be done with it.
it's not as easy as that:

1. the apex extractor for gen4 is currently sold out (and is sold out more oftent than not)

2. you can not just buy the apex extractor, you need to buy part number: SP01176 as well.

3. not everyone wants aftermarket parts in their gun

This adds additional cost. Not to mention you have to pay shipping on all these parts as well. By the time its all said and done, you are probably an additional 100 bucks into the gun. If you can get glock to pay for shipping, then why not at least try that as your first option. Besides then they will at least know about the problem and if they refuse to fix the problem I'd annoy the hell out of them until they do.
firstg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 14:18   #20
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstg19 View Post
it's not as easy as that:

1. the apex extractor for gen4 is currently sold out (and is sold out more oftent than not)

2. you can not just buy the apex extractor, you need to buy part number: SP01176 as well.

3. not everyone wants aftermarket parts in their gun

This adds additional cost. Not to mention you have to pay shipping on all these parts as well. By the time its all said and done, you are probably an additional 100 bucks into the gun. If you can get glock to pay for shipping, then why not at least try that as your first option. Besides then they will at least know about the problem and if they refuse to fix the problem I'd annoy the hell out of them until they do.
I've been monitoring the Apex website, the first run ran out quick, the second run had extractors available for several days, keep checking they'll be back in stock soon.

Not for nothing but you kinda knew this could be a potential problem, I'm not sure why you're surprised. The trip to Smyrna likely isn't going to fix the problem and that aftermarket part is a superior part.

Now that the apex extractor is out I plan on repurchasing a 19 and putting the extractor in out of the box, I could care less about using the garbage Glock factory extractor.

Tags
ejection, extractor, gen 4, glock 19