Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 16:16   #1
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
The belief that dogs are "people" kills

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/26...g-to-save-dog/

Ironically, the only survivor was the dog. When people overly anthropomorphize animals into pseudo-humans, this sort of thing happens. No dog is worth the death of an entire family.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 16:18   #2
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 56,521


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/26...g-to-save-dog/

Ironically, the only survivor was the dog. When people overly anthropomorphize animals into pseudo-humans, this sort of thing happens. No dog is worth the death of an entire family.
That may be your personal belief, but it isn't mine.

I'd risk my life to save my pets. I don't necessarily feel the same about other humans or even some of my own family members.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 16:20   #3
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
That may be your personal belief, but it isn't mine.

I'd risk my life to save my pets. I don't necessarily feel the same about other humans or even some of my own family members.
That is some really sad priorities that you value animal life above humans and your own family. Are you vegan, and do you avoid all animal products? If not, it would appear your ethics and priorities are more tangled than twenty year old christmas lights.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 16:25   #4
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 56,521


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
That is some really sad priorities that you value animal life above humans and your own family. Are you vegan, and do you avoid all animal products? If not, it would appear your ethics and priorities are more tangled than twenty year old christmas lights.
What does my being a carnivore have to do with my pets?

Do you eat your pets on a regular basis?

My pets give me comfort and entertainment. My pets don't vote for Democrats or Republicans. My pets don't go and rape & kill others because of religious beliefs.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 16:31   #5
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
What does my being a carnivore have to do with my pets?

Do you eat your pets on a regular basis?

My pets give me comfort and entertainment. My pets don't vote for Democrats or Republicans. My pets don't go and rape & kill others because of religious beliefs.
If you are a carnivore, then clearly you can distinguish that animal life is expendable for the use of humans. Therefore, valuing animal life about human life doesn't work. Like I said, 20 year old Christmas lights.

If it was a choice between my wife and children and the dog, the dog goes.

It must be too much city living, I don't get it.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 16:37   #6
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 56,521


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
If you are a carnivore, then clearly you can distinguish that animal life is expendable for the use of humans. Therefore, valuing animal life about human life doesn't work. Like I said, 20 year old Christmas lights.

If it was a choice between my wife and children and the dog, the dog goes.

It must be too much city living, I don't get it.
Not all animals are pets.

I couldn't give a rat's ass if a Japanese cow got killed so that I can have kobe steak and the sweet honey gets a nice handbag. If somebody were to try to kill my pet cow for food, then we'd have some serious problems resulting in death and violence of human beings.

I couldn't give a rat's patooey if my next door neighbor's dog were to drown. However, I'd risk my life to save my dog.

I don't have a wife, but if I were to have one and it's between her and my dog, I'd have to flip a coin. My dog doesn't nag on me. Nor does it want my credit cards to go buy shoes.

I hope that makes it clear for you.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 16:37   #7
devildog2067
Senior Member
 
devildog2067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 16,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
If you are a carnivore, then clearly you can distinguish that animal life is expendable for the use of humans.
You make a fallacious assumption. I'm guessing that fnfalman would agree wtih the idea that not all animal life (and not all human life) has the same value.

I wouldn't eat my pets. I wouldn't kill my family. But I would eat some animals and I would kill some people.
devildog2067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 17:47   #8
hogfish
Señor Member
 
hogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 4,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
What does my being a carnivore have to do with my pets?

Do you eat your pets on a regular basis?

My pets give me comfort and entertainment. My pets don't vote for Democrats or Republicans. My pets don't go and rape & kill others because of religious beliefs.
That's how it starts: eating his pets. Next thing, he'll be eating his children.
__________________
Opinions are like noses...everybody's got one.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:30   #9
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 41,749


Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
What does my being a carnivore have to do with my pets?

Do you eat your pets on a regular basis?

My pets give me comfort and entertainment. My pets don't vote for Democrats or Republicans. My pets don't go and rape & kill others because of religious beliefs.
I had a daschund that would rape any stuffed animal he could get his paws on.
__________________
I’m for law and order, the way that it should be. This song’s about the night they spent protecting you from me.” - Waylon Jennings

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 11-28-2012 at 20:32..
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 19:17   #10
bambi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I had a daschund that would rape any stuffed animal he could get his paws on.
Adam Lanza probably did the same thing, lol. And your point is?
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:31   #11
Paul7
New Guy
 
Paul7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 13,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
What does my being a carnivore have to do with my pets?

Do you eat your pets on a regular basis?

My pets give me comfort and entertainment. My pets don't vote for Democrats or Republicans. My pets don't go and rape & kill others because of religious beliefs.
Dogs kill people regularly.
__________________
“I don’t believe that people should be able to own guns.” Obama to John R. Lott Jr. in a private conversation at the University of Chicago.
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:49   #12
Java Junky
Senior Member
 
Java Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 154
Do they take requests?
Java Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 13:15   #13
Kilrain
Señor Member
 
Kilrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: On the road to Shambala
Posts: 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7 View Post
Dogs kill people regularly.
Not nearly as regularly as people kill dogs. And I'm not referring to humane euthanasia for medical reasons or population control or some other valid reason, I'm referring to sickos like md2lgyk. Unfortunately, the world is full of them.

__________________
The hog of the forsaken,

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley

Last edited by Kilrain; 11-30-2012 at 13:16..
Kilrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 20:15   #14
plumbum2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: southeast michigan
Posts: 2,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
What does my being a carnivore have to do with my pets?

Do you eat your pets on a regular basis?

My pets give me comfort and entertainment. My pets don't vote for Democrats or Republicans. My pets don't go and rape & kill others because of religious beliefs.
thats not what the neighbors poodle said....
plumbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 18:17   #15
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope
 
Lone Wolf8634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Under the bus
Posts: 6,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
That is some really sad priorities that you value animal life above humans and your own family. Are you vegan, and do you avoid all animal products? If not, it would appear your ethics and priorities are more tangled than twenty year old christmas lights.
That..... is stupid.

You judge his ethics and priorities based on a flip comment on the web. Accuse him of being vegan because he'd risk himself to save his pet?

I got news for you, I'd risk my life to save my little buddies. Hell, I'd risk YOUR life to save them.

Why?

I love my dogs, they make me feel better after a bad day when they both jump in my lap and burrow their heads into my neck and wiggle with pleasure as I scratch them. You're just another judgmental A-hole in a hat.

I know far too many people I wouldn't piddle on if they was on fire, I never met a dog that made me feel that way.

Now you have someone to judge.
__________________
"Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self esteem, be sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by A-holes." - William Gibson

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 19:43   #16
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf8634 View Post
That..... is stupid.

You judge his ethics and priorities based on a flip comment on the web. Accuse him of being vegan because he'd risk himself to save his pet?

I got news for you, I'd risk my life to save my little buddies. Hell, I'd risk YOUR life to save them.
That is is dispicable.

Quote:
Why?

I love my dogs, they make me feel better after a bad day when they both jump in my lap and burrow their heads into my neck and wiggle with pleasure as I scratch them. You're just another judgmental A-hole in a hat.
I like dogs, I have always owned dogs. But, I am not some yuppie city slicker who can't tell the difference between canine and human. animal and human.

Unlike you, I would gladly let my dog die, if it was a choice between saving a human life, or her life. It isn't that hard.

Quote:
I know far too many people I wouldn't piddle on if they was on fire, I never met a dog that made me feel that way.

Now you have someone to judge.
Oh, there are a lot of people I dislike in this life. Some of them are still alive because it is illegal and immoral to kill them. However, they still have more value than a dog.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 19:45   #17
Kilrain
Señor Member
 
Kilrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: On the road to Shambala
Posts: 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
That is is dispicable.
Actually, what he said has more virtue than any of the dribble you've offered up, including your original post.
__________________
The hog of the forsaken,

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley
Kilrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 19:55   #18
badge315
Senior Member
 
badge315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Middleburg, FL
Posts: 3,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
That is is dispicable.
Irrisputably.
__________________
"I am the sum of all evil...yet many still seek me out; a green jewel they must possess. But see how I destroy their lives."

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 20:09   #19
HollowHead
Firm member
 
HollowHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam
Posts: 23,749


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
That is is dispicable.
Actually, it's rather spot on. HH
__________________
Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:11   #20
eruby
Senior Member
 
eruby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: People's Republc of Maryland
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
..... Oh, there are a lot of people I dislike in this life. Some of them are still alive because it is illegal and immoral to kill them. However, they still have more value than a dog.
This is your opinion. There is nothing wrong with your opinion.

Others have the opinion that there are a lot of people that have less value than a dog. You seem to want them to change their opinion, though I maybe misinterpreting that.

I don't think dogs (or cats) are people, but I'd sure as shootin risk my life to save many dogs and cats before I'd lift a finger to save many people.

Irrisputably discusting FTW!
eruby is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:15.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,030
313 Members
717 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31