Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 15:47   #1
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

My stolen Tablet has contacted me

I posted a few pictures here and on a local forum in an attempt to recover my stolen property and to put the criminals who burglarized my house behind bars. The story is 100% accurate and authentic. However, when it was first posted it was to help figure out who stole my belongings and to hopefully solve other similar crimes in my area. After several calls to the police I didn't feel like they were doing anything and wouldn't even call me back. That has since changed and the case is actively being pursued. This thread however, has now turned into a mob scene and serves no useful purpose. People are posting links all over the web aimed at this thread and when I look at many of the comments posted here and worldwide all I can think is that it is a sad commentary on us all.

The facts are:
  • Our house was burglarized
  • Thousands of dollars worth of electronics, jewelry and firearms were stolen.
  • The Toshiba Thrive that I used to surf the web was taken and is now in the hands of the two individuals pictured. It is mine as are the contents of the device. They are sending the pictures to an unfiltered, open file storage folder and anyone with a knowledge of Dropbox can figure out how to get to them. In fact, there are pictures out there now that people have pulled from the folder. I have not changed the setting so as to ensure that the tablet keeps transmitting until it can be lawfully recovered.
  • I have no idea if the individuals pictured stole the tablet or purchased stolen property but the fact is, it is my computer, it is in their hands and it is stolen property.
  • The Toshiba Thrive has a long crack the entire length of the screen.
  • I would love to recover some of the guns that were taken from me as they were passed down from my grandfather and father and finding these people may assist in that endeavor.
  • I cannot control what the rest of the internet wishes to do with the pictures.
  • I have been emailed and PM'd by some pretty sick people asking some pretty raunchy questions and have just deleted them and moved on.
  • I asked the mods on here to close the thread 24 hours ago but did not receive a response.

Last edited by frank_drebin; 11-29-2012 at 11:04..
Old 11-25-2012, 15:48   #2
michael e

We didn't need to see that last photo.

Last edited by michael e; 11-25-2012 at 15:48..
Old 11-25-2012, 15:50   #3
Paul_J

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael e View Post
But I'm sure the police would be interested!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:01   #4
Wayward Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_J View Post
But I'm sure the police would be interested!
this. this.

I have heard there are programs that can be uploaded to phones and tablets remotely that will locate them......like a GPS.

Maybe you should look into it so these crooks can be thrown in the clink-----where they belong. With today's technology these 2 are not the sharpest knives in the drawer are they?

That's just ghetto fabulous!!

I hope you find it, and soon.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:50   #5
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
He had to share his dismay ...

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
Old 11-26-2012, 08:51   #6
JuneyBooney

Quote:
I would ten to agree.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:50   #7
Bruce M

Sounds like there might be a decent lead there for a competent investigator.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:53   #8
brausso

It's Bush's fault
Old 11-25-2012, 15:51   #9
SMOKEin

If your lucky, she might post up some hot newds. BTW, no hits on tineye with the pic's you posted, but maybe some others will produce a facebook/myspace/zooanimalsforadoption.com hits.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:57   #10
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEin View Post
If your lucky, she might post up some hot newds. BTW, no hits on tineye with the pic's you posted, but maybe some others will produce a facebook/myspace/zooanimalsforadoption.com hits.
Oh dear God NOOOOO!!!!!

MAN'S INHUMANITY TO MAN DOESN'T NEED THAT BOOST.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:52   #11
raven11

Nice case
Old 11-25-2012, 15:53   #12
ddbtoth

Damn Amish.

"Thank you, but I would rather die behind the chemical sheds."
Old 11-25-2012, 15:56   #13
ChiefWPD

I hope you notify the law enforcement agency involved in this matter. Those photos might well help solve a number of burglaries in your area.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:52   #14
arclight610

GPS locator?
Old 11-25-2012, 15:56   #15
arclight610

Oh btw, you're racist.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:58   #16
RonS

Too funny. I wonder if the pictures are geo tagged?
Old 11-25-2012, 16:04   #17
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post
That's a really good thought. Being on an Ipad.. it's a good possibility.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
Old 11-26-2012, 09:51   #18
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
Looks more like a Toshiba
Old 11-26-2012, 10:23   #19
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEC-Memphis View Post
Looks more like a Toshiba
Ah, ok. I thought he said in the original post it was an iPad... and I know squat about tablets. Would the Toshiba (which I assume has some sort of Android OS) have a similar app available?
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
Old 11-26-2012, 10:37   #20
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
I just checked the EXIF data on the images he posted and don't see anything, so unless he scrubbed them, probably not.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:24   #21
czsmithGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
I just checked the EXIF data on the images he posted and don't see anything, so unless he scrubbed them, probably not.
Sometimes when you post pics the exif data gets scrubbed but the original photos on the Dropbox may still have it. I'm not familiar with Dropbox so I don't know for sure.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28   #22
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
Sometimes when you post pics the exif data gets scrubbed but the original photos on the Dropbox may still have it. I'm not familiar with Dropbox so I don't know for sure.
EXIF data is there. Unfortunately the GPS spots are blank. No worries though. Looks like we have found something even better.... more to come
Old 11-28-2012, 21:28   #23
Derekius

Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
I saw a few people had mentioned exif, but everyone was looking at the Photobucket images, which definitely do get scrubbed. I registered for this site just to suggest the OP check the original Dropbox photos (I use this site - http://regex.info/exif.cgi), but by the time my account was permitted to comment, there were 6 more pages of comments and I see someone beat me to it.

Oh well, I still want to keep my cyber detective hat on for a bit longer...I'm dying to find these clowns!
Old 11-25-2012, 16:04   #24
SMOKEin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post
The ones posted were not.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:58   #25
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

Unfortunately, there are some revealing pictures. Some things cannot be unseen.
Closed Thread

Tags
ah! di-beetus ackin up!, anybody else hongree?, asstastic, baby beluga's pink thrive, big 'ol baps!, dayum!, front butt, hindenburg, honey moo moo, huge crush, impact tremors, lootie and cooty, man the harpoons!, momma's big girl, nice blowhole, now now brown cow, oh the huge manatee!, queen labeefa, shake wants some!, she cost $3.50, smack dat!, take one tablet orally..., weapons-grade stupidity!, whale watching, your pad or mine?