Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:47   #1
Anglin_AZ

Vote for Obama? Pinetop gun store says your business is not welcome

The ad says "If you voted for Barack Obama, your business is not welcome."

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...is-not-welcome
Glock 17OD - Glock 21-SA XD45 Tactical-Beretta Neos-Delton AR-15-Benelli Nova-Ruger LCP w/CT-Savage Arms BTV 64-Mosin Nagant(Old Faithful)-Ruger Security Six-Ruger SR9c-Uberti Cattleman-Marlin 336-Tikka T3 Lite-S&W Model 36
Anglin_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:54   #2
HexHead

Why arm your potential adversary?
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:59   #3
Tango 1Zero

Freedom of speech. **** Obama.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:00   #4
JW1178

Turning away customers is very bad for business. I guess pick your battles where you may, but be aware there are consequences.
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:02   #5
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
Turning away customers is very bad for business. I guess pick your battles where you may, but be aware there are consequences.
Yeah, he might miss out on one of the twelve gun owning Obama supporters in that state coming by and buying something.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:11   #6
willie_pete
NRA Life Member

A man of principle; wish we had more.

WP

NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic/Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO, Certified Glock Armorer, NRA Life Member
willie_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:16   #7
Anglin_AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Yeah, he might miss out on one of the twelve gun owning Obama supporters in that state coming by and buying something.
Well I hate to say it but some of us pro gun folk are some ignorant fools. AZ came out to be a purple state this last election while at the same time one of the most progressive gun rights sates in the nation.

I went to the gun show a few weekends ago in Glendale and it seemed to be an Obama hate fest and when I asked what has he has done to limit guns rights most stood with a blank stare. And the one guy that told me about the UN treaty couldn't find an answer when I asked what treaty has ever stripped rights or given additional rights to our citizenry.
Glock 17OD - Glock 21-SA XD45 Tactical-Beretta Neos-Delton AR-15-Benelli Nova-Ruger LCP w/CT-Savage Arms BTV 64-Mosin Nagant(Old Faithful)-Ruger Security Six-Ruger SR9c-Uberti Cattleman-Marlin 336-Tikka T3 Lite-S&W Model 36
Anglin_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:56   #8
SGT HATRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglin_AZ View Post
Well I hate to say it but some of us pro gun folk are some ignorant fools. AZ came out to be a purple state this last election while at the same time one of the most progressive gun rights sates in the nation.
Unfortunately AZ's demographics are changing rapidly. 70% + of the latino population voted for obummer.
SGT HATRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:00   #9
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

A simple question. How would they know?
Old 11-15-2012, 14:48   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT HATRED View Post
Unfortunately AZ's demographics are changing rapidly. 70% + of the latino population voted for obummer.
Don't forget the Cali people fleeing the state they destroyed.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 00:47   #11
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

Quote:

I went to the gun show a few weekends ago in Glendale and it seemed to be an Obama hate fest and when I asked what has he has done to limit guns rights most stood with a blank stare. And the one guy that told me about the UN treaty couldn't find an answer when I asked what treaty has ever stripped rights or given additional rights to our citizenry.
Nothing to add. Just seemed like it should get posted more than once. Thanks Anglin!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:06   #12
TACLOAD

Quote:

Great post!

“World peace must develop from inner peace. Peace is not just the mere absence of violence. Peace is, I think is the manifestation of human compassion.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
TACLOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:50   #13
Tarkio

Quote:

Simple, look at his supreme court appointments and that will tell you what he is likely to appoint in the future. We are a heartbeat away from having decisions such as Heller overturned and the "RKBA" no longer being interpreted as an individual right.
Tarkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:18   #14
RenoF250

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
And those 12 are likely whiny self entitled twits you do not want for customers anyway.
RenoF250 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:18   #15
RicoGordo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoF250 View Post
And those 12 are likely whiny self entitled twits you do not want for customers anyway.
You remind me of a delegate to the Democratic 2012 convention who was interviewed by a comedian posing as a reporter. When he asked her who wasn't welcome to be a Democrat, she said, "You can't have a gun." The comedian quipped, "yeah, don't need those 160 million votes."
RicoGordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:50   #16
Carrys
Inquisitive

Don't fool yourselves, many more liberals own a gun than you think. Quite a few understand the need for a gun and how owning one can keep them safe.

What they don't like..........and never have, is us with a gun.

Men Seem To Think Their God Is Like Their Govt.......He Is Supposed To Give Them Things, Not Ask Anything Of them.
Carrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:15   #17
Kevinr20

Quote:
How many gun owners/buyers do you know voted for Obama?
Old 11-17-2012, 08:25   #18
roger123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
My dad.
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:32   #19
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
62 million people voted for Obama, in a country with 70-80 million gun owners. Please tell me you don't HONESTLY think that all the gun owners in the country voted the other way.

Contrary to this board's obviously skewed* perspectives, guns are truly not that high of a priority for most voters, be them on the left OR the right.

*BTW, that's not a criticism. This is a gun board. I would expect gun issues to be a higher priority. If you were on a pick-up truck forum, they'd likely be saying "How many truck owners do you think really voted for him??" The point being, just because it seems like the be-all-end-all issue that it appears to be when viewed through the GlockTalk prism.
Old 11-15-2012, 16:54   #20
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
How many regular shoppers do you think would have voted for Obama. A minute fraction.

Yes, there are some Obama voters that own guns, but the majority of those will buy a gun maybe once in their lifetime and maybe a box of shells once a year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote