SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-31-2012, 21:00   #1
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Study on Pot by the Bob Marley Institute finds...

they ran out of pot during the study.

On a serious note,

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...xican-cartels/
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 21:09   #2
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Think Tank not required to reach that conclusion.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:46   #3
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Think Tank not required to reach that conclusion.
I have to agree - it couldn't be more obvious. Not to mention, the "opponents" who "questioned some of the study's assumptions" seem to be just trying to make up some vague response that isn't even rational.

However, the effect of legalization in some states and not others will result in a massive marijuana industry in those states, since they can then safely grow it and export to the illegal states without crossing any international borders. There is no random search when you cross from Colorado to Kansas. The effect will be double-edged. It will hurt the Mexican drug dealers a lot more than this study guesses, but it will increase the supply of marijuana and decrease the cost, in the states that don't legalize it.

Last edited by Bren; 11-01-2012 at 08:49..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:12   #4
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I have to agree - it couldn't be more obvious. Not to mention, the "opponents" who "questioned some of the study's assumptions" seem to be just trying to make up some vague response that isn't even rational.

However, the effect of legalization in some states and not others will result in a massive marijuana industry in those states, since they can then safely grow it and export to the illegal states without crossing any international borders. There is no random search when you cross from Colorado to Kansas. The effect will be double-edged. It will hurt the Mexican drug dealers a lot more than this study guesses, but it will increase the supply of marijuana and decrease the cost, in the states that don't legalize it.
This is already happening due to the Medical Marijuana states, high quality Marijuana on the streets at least around here come from states that have Medical Marijuana.
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:57   #5
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-RAMIE View Post
This is already happening due to the Medical Marijuana states, high quality Marijuana on the streets at least around here come from states that have Medical Marijuana.
So the positive effects are spreading.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:02   #6
JBnTX
None

The legalization of marijuana would not hurt the Mexican drug cartels one bit, because they would just take over the pot industry in the United States.

Legalizing marijuana is a very, very bad idea for many reasons.
Least of which would be the drug war between the American growers and the Mexican drug lords as they fight for control of the marijuana trade in the United States.

Legalize marijuana and you'll instantly bring all the Mexican drug violence into the United States.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:11   #7
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
The legalization of marijuana would not hurt the Mexican drug cartels one bit, because they would just take over the pot industry in the United States.

Least of which would be the drug war between the American growers and the Mexican drug lords as they fight for control of the marijuana trade in the United States.

Legalize marijuana and you'll instantly bring all the Mexican drug violence into the United States.
Proof that your business accumen is every bit as sharp as your political accumen.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 11-01-2012 at 10:15..
Old 11-01-2012, 10:14   #8
nmk

Quote:

I think you forgot the sarcastic smiley.

The Okie Corral
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:00   #9
Harper

Quote:
Yep, this is exactly what happened with the alcohol cartels (aka bootleggers) after alcohol was legalized. The alcohol cartels are more powerful than ever. There's not a day that goes by there isn't some story in the news about gang violence involving alcohol dealing. My alcohol dealer got killed just last week. That's the second in a month. We need to make alcohol illegal to get these cartels out of the country.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 19:04   #10
klmmicro

Send a message via Yahoo to klmmicro

Quote:
Might as well just legalize it by your argument. What you are saying is the cartels will control it one way or the other. At least if it is legal, the profit for them drops considerably.

Seriously, you think the cartels will set up state regulated dispensaries?

*10 Ring, MBR and Reloading Clubs: #436*
klmmicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 13:42   #11
dango

Quote:

I'm just wondering how old you are ? Do your own research and maybe we can talk.........!
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:16   #12
di11igaf
ibew

Quote:

Come on are the cartels here now battling big pharma companies who literally push legal heroin on doctors, who then push it on patients. I know away too many people hooked on heroin(oxycodone, fentanyl, morphine-thy are litterally legal heroin) and it sometimes hits too c,lose to home.
This is a major epidemic, I know its hurting the cartels sales of street heroin , I don't see them killing off pharmaceutical companys
Old 11-01-2012, 11:13   #13
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
However, the effect of legalization in some states and not others will result in a massive marijuana industry in those states, since they can then safely grow it and export to the illegal states without crossing any international borders.
Well hot damn. We can make money on this. That is a wise move to found a booming industry.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:27   #14
muscogee

Quote:

The return of the Bootleggers.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 21:17   #15
PettyOfficer

PINK:MJNA lots of volume, closed near open, but should jump if one of the three states pass their laws (Washington & Colorado [possible] and Oregon [unlikely]). I'm waiting for a bump in a different penny stock to cover my transaction costs to buy 10k shares.
PettyOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:36   #16
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyOfficer View Post
PINK:MJNA lots of volume, closed near open, but should jump if one of the three states pass their laws (Washington & Colorado [possible] and Oregon [unlikely]). I'm waiting for a bump in a different penny stock to cover my transaction costs to buy 10k shares.
I think Colorado has a real good chance on passing it next week. I wonder how long after the other 17 medical Marijuana states will put bills to make it legal interesting times.
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:31   #17
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Sinatra said it best: Doobie Doobie Do. Do Do Dee Doo Doo. Doobie Doobie Doo. Dah Dah Dee Doo Doo. Doobie Doobie Do. Doo Doobie Doo-Bie Doooooooo.

We'll have Medical MJ here soon - i can't see big resistance to our bill up next week. (Although this IS the state that voted FOR seatbelts, then AGAINST seat belts and then was the last state to VOTE them back in. LOL I think we were the last state for Right on Red, too. So we could be way behind the doobie-curve here.)
Old 11-01-2012, 07:57   #18
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
Sinatra said it best: Doobie Doobie Do. Do Do Dee Doo Doo. Doobie Doobie Doo. Dah Dah Dee Doo Doo. Doobie Doobie Do. Doo Doobie Doo-Bie Doooooooo.

We'll have Medical MJ here soon - i can't see big resistance to our bill up next week. (Although this IS the state that voted FOR seatbelts, then AGAINST seat belts and then was the last state to VOTE them back in. LOL I think we were the last state for Right on Red, too. So we could be way behind the doobie-curve here.)
Question on medical marajuana - do you smoke it like normal marajuana? Is it the same stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:00   #19
Hauptmann6

Send a message via AIM to Hauptmann6 Send a message via MSN to Hauptmann6 Send a message via Yahoo to Hauptmann6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
Question on medical marajuana - do you smoke it like normal marajuana? Is it the same stuff?
Exactly the same thing.
The only things that last forever
Are memories and sorrow
Hauptmann6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:49   #20
Lampshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauptmann6 View Post
Exactly the same thing.
I believe some growers grow low THC, high CBD strains for medicinal use.

I don't know anything about it beyond that though.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:33   #21
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
I believe some growers grow low THC, high CBD strains for medicinal use.

I don't know anything about it beyond that though.
I'll bet those aren't great sellers.

I've never met a marijuana user yet who didn't want the highest THC he could get and/or afford.
Old 11-01-2012, 18:34   #22
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauptmann6 View Post
Exactly the same thing.
Good to know. I've never had medical MJ.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 17:19   #23
Hauptmann6

Send a message via AIM to Hauptmann6 Send a message via MSN to Hauptmann6 Send a message via Yahoo to Hauptmann6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfish View Post
Good to know. I've never had medical MJ.
Me either. But I know a few people who have cards. They use the same dealer as before they got their card.
The only things that last forever
Are memories and sorrow
Hauptmann6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:13   #24
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
Smoke it every 4 hours with food.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:40   #25
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Smoke it every 4 hours with food.
Same as most recreational users.

Last edited by ChuteTheMall; 11-01-2012 at 08:40..
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote