Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-28-2012, 00:12   #1
frizz

Liberal Pro-Gun Group

Interesting, but it just goes to show that there is a range of views, and not just two groups...

http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 00:20   #2
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
Interesting, but it just goes to show that there is a range of views, and not just two groups...

http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/
I have met lots of liberals who are gun people. They then go to the polls and vote for the very people who say they want to ban guns. Doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me.
Old 10-28-2012, 00:32   #3
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
I have met lots of liberals who are gun people. They then go to the polls and vote for the very people who say they want to ban guns. Doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me.
Yup. Being a gun owner and voting democrap is like being jewish and being a member of the Nazi party. You are basically voting for your own destruction.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 00:53   #4
frizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
Yup. Being a gun owner and voting democrap is like being jewish and being a member of the Nazi party. You are basically voting for your own destruction.
What you and ilgunguygt don't understand is that there are more issues than just firearms.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:52   #5
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
What you and ilgunguygt don't understand is that there are more issues than just firearms.
Wow, you are so smart that you are able to read my mind? I vote conservative because of those issues too. What yopu dont realize is that you cant tell everything about someone from a post on the internet.

Small govt, fiscal conservative, supports MJ legalixation, who could care less about gay marriage, religion, or any of that crap. Its not a govts job to legislate morals. I will not vote for an anti-gun pol though, never. No matter what his stance on other issues.

Last edited by ilgunguygt; 10-28-2012 at 09:56..
ilgunguygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:02   #6
WarCry

Quote:
I vote conservative because of those issues too.

I will not vote for an anti-gun pol though, never. No matter what his stance on other issues.
Contradictory statements contradict.

Other issues matter, unless they don't?

I have never in my life seen a perfect candidate. I have never seen a candidate that I agree with down the line.

Yes, guns are a HUGE issue for me, and I have voted on that single issue. Last Gubernatorial election in IL, I voted for the R candidate based solely on this issue.

But in general, what people SHOULD look at is (for example):

I have these 5 issues I care about
This candidate agrees with me on 3, disagrees on 2
This other guy agrees with me on 2, disagrees on 3

Now, unless you're a single-issue voter, which candidate would you chose?
Old 10-28-2012, 12:04   #7
frizz

Quote:
Wow, you are so smart that you are able to read my mind? I vote conservative because of those issues too. What yopu dont realize is that you cant tell everything about someone from a post on the internet.

Small govt, fiscal conservative, supports MJ legalixation, who could care less about gay marriage, religion, or any of that crap. Its not a govts job to legislate morals. I will not vote for an anti-gun pol though, never. No matter what his stance on other issues.
I can read your posts and tell that you dismiss someone who is pro-gun but weighs that with the other issues and decides that the overall stance of a candidate outweighs the candidate's anti-gun stance.

If you have ever supported a pol who was pro-gun but anti-MJ legalization, would it be reasonable for someone to say that your vote didn't make sense because you voted for a pol who didn't share you view on MJ?
Old 10-28-2012, 02:16   #8
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
You got that right. They are not "pro-gun" when they support anti-gun politicians.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:53   #9
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
The occasional liberal gun owner is a person who has a gun or two, but wouldn't be bothered much by giving them up. They vote based on gun control like I vote based on the capital gains tax (I don't own stock).
Old 10-28-2012, 08:50   #10
Ironbar

Quote:
See, this is the conundrum I've never understood. You're a liberal gun enthusiast, but then you're perfectly comfortable voting people into power who want to ban guns and everything to do with them?

A wise person once wrote, "A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole."
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:02   #11
frizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
See, this is the conundrum I've never understood. You're a liberal gun enthusiast, but then you're perfectly comfortable voting people into power who want to ban guns and everything to do with them?

A wise person once wrote, "A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole."
It has been mentioned more than once that there are many issues of importance. Only some people are single-issue voters. Why can you not understand that?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:09   #12
Ironbar

Quote:
It has been mentioned more than once that there are many issues of importance. Only some people are single-issue voters. Why can you not understand that?
Why can you not understand that it's a contradiction?
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 13:10   #13
MySiK26

Send a message via AIM to MySiK26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post

Great quote! I'm sure a few here will recognize it.
MySiK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:01   #14
mollyzero
Free Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySiK26 View Post
Great quote! I'm sure a few here will recognize it.
Always nice to find a few similar souls around...i smiled when i saw the quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:06   #15
Drain You
NRA member

Quote:

Sure it does. They weigh all of the options and decided that gun rights aren't as important as their other views. That they don't realize that losing gun rights will be the start of losing everything else doesn't occur to them because you don't get real knowledge from fancy schoolin'

I myself would vote straight democrat if they jumped on the pro gun bandwagon and really meant it. But they won't, because they're stupid, and they wouldn't, because they lie.
Drain You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 13:14   #16
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
I'm pro choice. You want me to go vote for obama, right?

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 13:22   #17
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I'm pro choice. You want me to go vote for obama, right?
Where did I say that Frank? Just point that out. If thats an issue for you that decides your vote then yes, you should.

Dont try to put words in peoples mouth
Old 10-28-2012, 13:33   #18
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Where did I say that Frank? Just point that out. If thats an issue for you that decides your vote then yes, you should.

Dont try to put words in peoples mouth
You said you don't understand how a pro-gun person could vote for dems. Same dilemma.
I also support gay marriage. Marijuana legalization.
I call myself a libertarian. But I would expect democrats would call me a traitor for not voting for Obama based on the subjects i listed.
If republicans were conservatives instead of being the morality police there would be no split.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
Old 10-28-2012, 13:39   #19
MySiK26

Send a message via AIM to MySiK26

Quote:
You said you don't understand how a pro-gun person could vote for dems. Same dilemma.
I call myself a libertarian. But I would expect democrats would call me a traitor for not voting for Obama based on the subjects i listed.
If republicans were conservatives instead of being the morality police there would be no split.
MySiK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 13:42   #20
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
And I said all that same stuff right here, in this thread. I think I even used the phrase "legislating morality." So why single my post and put that? I was saying the exact opposite. My posting was about prioritizing your beliefs. We cant vote for all of our beliefs so we have to pick the ones that matter the most. A person that suppoirts gun rights as a primary belief cannot vote democrat and support those rights.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:59   #21
CBennett

Quote:
^^^ this in SPADES...you cant be pro gun and vote for the same as***les that want to take them from you..its not possible..you either like guns and want to keep them and vote for people that will let you do that or you hate them and vote for the guys that want to ban them there is no in between IMO.
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 19:59   #22
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBennett View Post
^^^ this in SPADES...you cant be pro gun and vote for the same as***les that want to take them from you..its not possible..you either like guns and want to keep them and vote for people that will let you do that or you hate them and vote for the guys that want to ban them there is no in between IMO.
Of course you can. As others have pointed out, not everybody is a single-issue gun rights voter. As unsavory as some may find it, one can be pro gun, but have that outweighed by other issues they care about.

Not everybody neatly aligns with the platform of one party. If a woman is pro choice, but votes Republican, I don't see that anybody has the right to tell her that's she's not really pro choice.

I am pro choice, support gay rights, want religion out of government, but I'm also fiscally conservative, want a smaller government, and want to maintain my gun rights. Obviously I have to compromise on multiple issues in order to vote for one of the Big 2 parties, but that doesn't mean that I don't care about the other issues.

For this election I'm voting Romney as the not-Obama candidate, but it really is a matter of from which bowl of poo you wish to eat.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 20:57   #23
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
Of course you can. As others have pointed out, not everybody is a single-issue gun rights voter. As unsavory as some may find it, one can be pro gun, but have that outweighed by other issues they care about.

Not everybody neatly aligns with the platform of one party. If a woman is pro choice, but votes Republican, I don't see that anybody has the right to tell her that's she's not really pro choice.

I am pro choice, support gay rights, want religion out of government, but I'm also fiscally conservative, want a smaller government, and want to maintain my gun rights. Obviously I have to compromise on multiple issues in order to vote for one of the Big 2 parties, but that doesn't mean that I don't care about the other issues.

For this election I'm voting Romney as the not-Obama candidate, but it really is a matter of from which bowl of poo you wish to eat.

-ArtificialGrape
Commie.

j/k

Old 11-01-2012, 20:38   #24
MadCityJack

Quote:
Commie.

j/k
Old School flattery!

― Dante Alighieri
MadCityJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 00:20   #25
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Impossible...everybody knows only Republicans can be pro-gun and only Democrats can be pro-choice.

Oh, wait...I'm both, so where does that leave me?

Last edited by tantrix; 10-28-2012 at 00:21..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote