Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:01   #1
vrex

Come on Walking Dead, show some recoil!

The Walking dead paints a picture of a plausible reality(in film terms) of real physical, enviromental, and sociological struggles that a small group of survivors face in a post-apocaylptic zombie-infested world. It's a great immersing ride....until they start whacking the zombies.

NO recoil.
I watched season two last episode and season 1 first episode tonight...

I WANT that old farmers shotgun, because whatever type of recoil reduction system he had in it while firing (apparently) 00buck, worked like pure movie magic, it had the recoil of an airgun, and the muzzle blast of a cigar. That goes for ALL weapons fired in a show that PRIDES itself on graphic detail.

Also, none of them EVER miss...offhand, moving, from a vehicle, they all score the necessary brain stem hits every time, first shot...

Yes, I know it is only television......
Old 10-15-2012, 02:15   #2
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

hell you weren't watching too close, slides weren't even moving in tonights episode... Course it's just a TV show.

And we've been trying at work to figure out how long this has been going on, it's very likely they've all become VERY good shots over this time. Lots and lots of practice.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:15   #3
jbutenhoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
hell you weren't watching too close, slides weren't even moving in tonights episode... Course it's just a TV show.

And we've been trying at work to figure out how long this has been going on, it's very likely they've all become VERY good shots over this time. Lots and lots of practice.

The new season takes place after "winter" and they referenced that multiple times, so I would guess that it has been 3 months or so since the barn.
jbutenhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:00   #4
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
Yeah, that was pretty lame.

Also, where did they get the suppressors? The one on the Beretta looked like it could have been home made. But then, where did they get the threaded barrels?
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:03   #5
cyphertext

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
Also, where did they get the suppressors? The one on the Beretta looked like it could have been home made. But then, where did they get the threaded barrels?
The suppressors look to be homemade. The one on the kid's gun looks like the end of an aluminum baseball bat, and the one on Rick's pistol was made from a mag light.
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:07   #6
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

rick fakes recoil, the actor had a lot of weapons training i a prior role, the trainers on scene said he was a natural, thats why you see him use a high grip, he slung up a rifle in one episode, and he flicks the gun up to simulate the kick.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:16   #7
frizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrex View Post
The Walking dead paints a picture of a plausible reality(in film terms) of real physical, enviromental, and sociological struggles that a small group of survivors face in a post-apocaylptic zombie-infested world. It's a great immersing ride....until they start whacking the zombies.

NO recoil.

I WANT that old farmers shotgun, because whatever type of recoil reduction system he had in it while firing (apparently) 00buck, worked like pure movie magic, it had the recoil of an airgun, and the muzzle blast of a cigar. That goes for ALL weapons fired in a show that PRIDES itself on graphic detail.

Also, none of them EVER miss...offhand, moving, from a vehicle, they all score the necessary brain stem hits every time, first shot...

Yes, I know it is only television......
I am with you on the ridiculous accuracy (edit: and recoil), but keep in mind that on-set simulated weapons are very dangerous, and the weak simulated muzzle blast is really the best that can be done when they are pointed in the direction of people.

Last edited by frizz; 10-15-2012 at 02:17..
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:31   #8
PaulMason

Let's not forget the sound. They are firing in close quarters and I think a few shots were made inside a building.
PaulMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:52   #9
mixflip

The kid was getting head shots with a revolver at over 75 yards from a tower.

THAT KID CAN SHOOT!!!!
mixflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:03   #10
Spiffums
I.C.P.

I know I am beating it with every thread but............A Kid with a gun and an Adult male with a fire poker.........yeah
Old 10-15-2012, 12:29   #11
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
I know I am beating it with every thread but............A Kid with a gun and an Adult male with a fire poker.........yeah
Fire poker > 9mm

I am the only one in this room, that I know of, who is professional enough to handle this fire poker.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:34   #12
Hailstorm
Boom Shacka

T-Dog has the strength to use the poker. Little snotty kid. Not so much.

On a side note. Am I the only one who on several occasions wanted to slam that kid.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:35   #13
cyphertext

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
See the post above yours about the kid getting head shots from over 75 yards....

Now who do you want to have a gun and who do you want to have a fire poker?
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:23   #14
John Rambo
Raven

They really made it a point to make the first season authentic. Tinnitis while firing off the revolver in the tank was like icing on the cake.

Seems that after their soap-opera disaster with the second season they've opted for the classic "run-n-gun so fast nobody notices" approach. Very disappointing.

Last edited by John Rambo; 10-15-2012 at 12:25..
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 13:01   #15
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrex View Post
NO recoil.

Obviously, they use blanks and most people don't know the difference...
BUT

Here's a video of a guy I've trained with, shooting a shotgun. Recoil control is a technique you can learn. Did his shotgun have this much recoil?

At home I have a video of the founder of TDSA standing on 1 leg while shooting an M240 from his shoulder with a belt of military ammo, showing similar recoil or less.

Last edited by Bren; 10-15-2012 at 13:02..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote