SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-03-2012, 17:59   #1
GLWyandotte
Carbon User

Got My First "You're Old" Moment

We were at Oktoberfest last weekend having a ball. Beer was flowing, everybody happy; great food and music.
The band was rocking, and on their break I went up to chat gear with their guitarist, whose tone was excellent.
The band launched into a polka, and as I'm walking back to my table, a 30 year old hottie asks me if I like to dance. I'm thinking, yeah I still got it.
I confidently said "you betcha".
She says "great, my Mom's been wanting to dance all night"

Gulp

"I would be delighted to dance with your Mother".

And I did.

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
GLWyandotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:03   #2
Jay9928
BUBBA ARMY

Was she hot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
It will be weeks before the general population discovers that you can't wipe your ass with a laptop.
Jay9928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:05   #3
GLWyandotte
Carbon User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay9928 View Post
Was she hot?
For 60, not bad!

God, I AM old.

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
GLWyandotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:08   #4
Shinytop

I checked my phone for text from my wife while checking out at the grocery store. The teenager at the register said that it was cool that someone my age texted. I was programming computers when her parents were teenagers.
Shinytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:18   #5
The Dying Gaul

Lady walks by me the other day at the Mercedes dealer and says, "I just love your hair." I'm thinking, cool, let the flirting begin, then she says "I just love grey hair on men, can't wait till my husband is old enough to get some grey."
Ouch.

He's silly and he's ignorant, but he's got guts and guts is enough.
The Dying Gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 20:57   #6
jp3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dying Gaul View Post
Lady walks by me the other day at the Mercedes dealer and says, "I just love your hair." I'm thinking, cool, let the flirting begin, then she says "I just love grey hair on men, can't wait till my husband is old enough to get some grey."
Ouch.
Should have told her that she could see you on the side and have the best of both worlds. If she looks intrigued, have fun, if not laugh it off like you where kidding.
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:24   #7
Indianashooter

Every damn weekday morning when that alarm goes off at 6:30 am
Indianashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:41   #8
HollowHead
Firm member

I play in a bar band on the weekends and during our break, I made my way to the bar through the dancefloor and heard a gumsnapper yelling into her cellphone over our break music, "...just some old guys playing **** I never heard of." HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:50   #9
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
I play in a bar band on the weekends and during our break, I made my way to the bar through the dancefloor and heard a gumsnapper yelling into her cellphone over our break music, "...just some old guys playing **** I never heard of." HH
Ouch.

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
oldgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 20:22   #10
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Went to Dr. with torn tendon. Ask him what I can do to prevent this from happeneing again. "act your age, don't lift heavy stuff as often. Just because are strong enough is not enough. Your mucles are strong then tendons...."
larry_minn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 20:41   #11
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Doc, what are you putting that glove on for?
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 21:16   #12
SunsetMan
Proud Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post
Went to Dr. with torn tendon. Ask him what I can do to prevent this from happeneing again. "act your age, don't lift heavy stuff as often. Just because are strong enough is not enough. Your mucles are strong then tendons...."
I'm 50 and working on lifestyle changes and getting in shape. I'm taking it real easy.

I had my left shoulder MRI'd for moderately annoying chronic symptoms with a diagnosis of osteoarthritis and some tearing with nothing really to be done to repair. This sucks. I want repair, not pain meds that will let me injure it more. I had some hyaluronic acid injected, but it doesn't seem to have helped much. My new ortho doctor isn't keen on platelet rich plasma therapy. He seems like a good doctor and we will be working on options.

I have a great family doctor now. Did all kinds of blood tests. My testosterone was low. I'm one month now on Androjel and it has done wonders for my mood and energy. My old doctor knew my T was low and did nothing. Don't settle on mediocre, do nothing doctors.

Last edited by SunsetMan; 10-03-2012 at 21:31..
SunsetMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 18:10   #13
FPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post
hahaha

Old 10-05-2012, 09:11   #14
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Quote:
Teach her what good MUSIC is, HollowHead!

Mine came came at a local workout session of martial artists. It's usually a bunch of middle aged guys with some guests (usually school bullies or their victims) I was demonstrating balance to some of the kids when I broke concentration with a young and enthusiastic judo green belt. I was driven HARD to the mat. I now only demonstrate with mellow guys my age.
Old 10-03-2012, 20:47   #15
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
What were you playing?
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 21:06   #16
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
What were you playing?
Bass. HH

Old 10-04-2012, 02:41   #17
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
What were you playing?
Quote:
Bass. HH

Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:54   #18
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Bass. HH
Should have cracked that bass guitar off the punk's head and start a good old fashion bar brawl.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:03   #19
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanster View Post
At a local bar/grill with a couple buddies a couple years back, and for whatever reason, the place is Packed.

A couple super-attractive college girls are wandering around looking for a place to sit, and we invite them to take the extra space at our booth 'till another table comes free.

We all chat a bit, and at the end, the two girls are smiling at me, leaning forward, flirting, and one pushes a slip of paper across to me, with a huge smile, and says 'We'd love it if you'd call us sometime! SOOON, OK?'

My buddies are shocked, wondering what magic I have worked to get these girls so worked up and ready to rock?

I'm all humble, and point out that while I'd never cheat on my wife, it's good to know that beautiful women still want me, and I'm not sure which one of them I'd pick anyhow, but perhaps in a pinch I'd look at dating them both (were I single) etc.

I then look at the slip of paper, and it says 'Ashley & Stephanie - great babysitters! We'd love to watch your kids!' and their phone number.

I'd successfully picked up a babysitter for my pre-school children.

Sigh.
You kept the magic alive for the men, right? You didn't fess up, I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge83 View Post
I was in my mid 20's and an undergrad in college this was in the 80's and I carried my stuff around in a brief case. I found it easier to handle than a backpack. A student came up to my girlfriend at the time and wanted to know if she had taken any of my classes and was I a tough professor.

At 37 I pulled into the Long John Silvers drive through and placed my order, the girl gave me the total and I drove around to the window. She comes up to the window looks at me turns around and goes to the register makes a few entries and comes to the window. I have the correct amount ready to hand her and she says, oh it's changed honey I gave you your senior discount.

When I was 43 I walked into a pawn shops jewelry section with my little girl who was 9 or 10 at the time she wanted to go in there. One of the ladies starts chatting with us as my daughter is looking at ear rings and proceeds to ask my daughter if her grandpa is going to buy her some ear rings. I said she's my daughter. Oh, sorry dear.

I am 46 now and my youngest brother who is in his late 30's takes some clothes and other items to a local charitable organization for donation that I also donate to frequently and they ask him if he wants the forms to take for a charitable deduction and he says sure and they ask his name. He tells them his name and the lady responds oh we know your dad and give my name, he comes in here all the time with stuff. My brother just grins, accepts the tax info. and then proceeds out the door to laugh his butt off and then find me to aggravate.

For the record what hair I have left is nearly white at 46 and my nickname is Gramps...
Dad?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48   #20
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Should have cracked that bass guitar off the punk's head and start a good old fashion bar brawl.
At 52, I pick my battles wisely and starting one in a bar packed with college kids is not wise. HH

Old 10-04-2012, 10:54   #21
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
At 52, I pick my battles wisely and starting one in a bar packed with college kids is not wise. HH
That's why you use the guitar and not your fists.
Old 10-03-2012, 21:16   #22
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

Mine was actually a couple months ago. I'm at a concert with the Mrs and all the sudden somebody is jumping on me giving me a hug. I see blonde hair, I look and see tanned legs wrapped around me..... She jumps down and I realize it's my best friends niece. The actual only baby I have ever held in my life. We chat for a minute about how she just graduated HS and is starting college.....
Old 10-04-2012, 03:19   #23
M1a65

Good advice Dr Leaky!
M1a65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01   #24
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
We were at Oktoberfest last weekend having a ball. Beer was flowing, everybody happy; great food and music.
The band was rocking, and on their break I went up to chat gear with their guitarist, whose tone was excellent.
The band launched into a polka, and as I'm walking back to my table, a 30 year old hottie asks me if I like to dance. I'm thinking, yeah I still got it.
I confidently said "you betcha".
She says "great, my Mom's been wanting to dance all night"

Gulp

"I would be delighted to dance with your Mother".

And I did.
Rocking. . . polkas. If you weren't sure from the 30 yr old babe, you can be sure when you claim to hear a rockin polka. . . and know how to dance to it. (Nestor excluded, BTW.)

Quote:
What were you playing?
A polka.

I'm blessed with my mom's hair. I'm headin to 44 soon and still look 30-something. At 40, my dad looked 50. At 50, he looked 60. At 60, he looked 70. At 72, he still looks 70. I'm betting he had a few "wow yer old" moments before his time. (He also acted old at 40. The goofy things I do with my kids. . . never did my dad do anything near that.)
Old 10-04-2012, 05:22   #25
LoadToadBoss
IYAAYWOT

For me, it happened when I was 38 (I'm 53 now). I was a Senior Master Sergeant (E-8) in the USAF. I needed to investigate a mishap and went to the base photo lab to pick up a photographer to video document the mishap. He was an 18 year-old Airman Basic just out of Tech School. As we chatted in the truck he told me that his father was a 38 y/o Senior Master Sergeant. All of a sudden things got dark and sort of tunnel visiony.

Mrs. LTB and I never had any children, so I never felt like I was getting old watching them grow up.

My second big event was just this past week when my mother told me that a younger cousin that I baby sat when I was a teenager and she was an infant is going to be a grandmother. Good grief!

"Government cannot deny its citizens a right on the off chance that right might be abused." --Unknown

Last edited by LoadToadBoss; 10-04-2012 at 05:33..
LoadToadBoss is offline   Reply With Quote