GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-28-2012, 16:06   #1
Nalapombu

How Many of You REALLY Think Romney Will Win??

Hey all,

This campaign he has been running has been angering me more and more over the last few weeks and I just cannot understand why he is behind in a race where an astute candidate or politician would be 10 points ahead. I guess this is the new Republican party. We haven't had a REAL Conservative or a candidate that took it to the democRATs and wouldn't let them get away with their usual trash for over 30 years, Reagan. Is there anyone reading this that really thinks that if given the same situation that Reagan would be wiping the floor with Soetero? This guy is a friggin' clown, dumb as a damn post and a bigger liar than Klinton and our candidate is so damn bad that he can beat him. That really says something there. I just don't think the establishment republican party members, the ones that actually RUN the party, have it in them to actually fight. They're content to have an intellectual discourse in a gentlemanly manner and if they lose, well they'll still get to be on nice committees and their Cocktail Party Circuit invites will still be there. They don't like people like us that are conservatives. We embarrass them with the abortion talk, gun stuff, the occasional Birth Certificate questions and demanding the border be controlled. They don't like that and as soon as they get our votes, they are back to their usual selves.

The Romney campaign has to be one of the worst run presidential campaigns I have ever seen and I've been a political follower since my first repub presidential vote for REAGAN. He is NOT going to take it to Soetero. That's just not the way he is or thinks things need to be done. He and his team ought to be totally ashamed to be trailing in this race, it should literally be a walk and if we had a decent candidate that really FIGHTS, it would be. Have you seen Soetero taking his gloves off at ANY time? NO. He doesn't mind one bit about putting an ad out accusing your opponent of being responsible for the death of a mans wife from Cancer. That's what Romney is running against and his response is to continually call Soetero a "Nice Guy, Good Husband and father." How's that worked for ya Mitt?

Well my thoughts are if we can't win this one, I'm done with politics and the Republican party. There won't be anything left in 5 years worth fighting for. I'll just stay here in Texas and hope they decide to secede from the union.

Anyone else find ANY reason in this race to be optimistic?

Nalajr

P.S. If Soetero wins again, we all better gird our loins cause we ain't seen nothing yet. You think he was bad these 4 years, he'll pull everything he can to get whatever he wants. He's already showed he could care less about going thru Congress for anything. I'm talking all illegals being "effectively" legalized with the stroke of a pen. Probably lots of onerous gun and ammo rules and regulations, especially with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which is what their plan has been for a while, and the UN. It'll be a helluva mess for us, a paradise for the Marxists though.
Old 09-28-2012, 16:10   #2
Roering
Sorting nuts

Although it's not over till election night, I'm pretty sure Barry will be re-elected.
Old 09-28-2012, 17:35   #3
adamg01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
Although it's not over till election night, I'm pretty sure Barry will be re-elected.
It will be a little closer than last election but we will get four more years of Barry. I would rather take my chances with Romney but he is a very poor choice to run against Obama.
adamg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:14   #4
costanza187
I like Macs

I am voting Republican, that way I will have a clear conscience.

Voting is all I can do.
Old 09-28-2012, 16:17   #5
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

I don't believe people are stupid enough to let Obama have 4 more years. So yea, I think Romney will win in a landslide.
Old 09-28-2012, 16:20   #6
devildog2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
I don't believe people are stupid enough
Sadly, I think what that means is that you need to go out and meet some more people. People, as a group, are shockingly stupid.
devildog2067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:27   #7
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
Sadly, I think what that means is that you need to go out and meet some more people. People, as a group, are shockingly stupid.
That, Sir, is sagacious.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:43   #8
costanza187
I like Macs

Quote:
This is especially important in the swing states.
Old 09-28-2012, 16:46   #9
Slackinoff

Quote:
Yep, for an example/entertainment, take a look at the "fail" videos on youtube...then imagine all the stupidity that doesn't get recorded/on youtube.
Old 09-28-2012, 17:00   #10
mac66
Plant the seed

Those of us who were around when Reagan was running against Carter heard a constant bombardment by the media how Carter was ahead and would win. Reagan was behind in the polls the whole time but most people were tired of the economy and Carter's weakness as a president. I kind of see the same thing happening again. I don't see Obama having the same support he had the first time. Except for the radical left/media you don't hear the same rhetoric as we heard the first time.

On the other hand, the media is doing a pretty good job of making you guys drink the koolaid thinking Obama is going to win.

My suggestion, is instead of wringing ones hands about Obama, get off your butts and go help Romney win. I never before got involved in a campaign and I was never a Romney supporter. However, this year I volunteered to work on his campaign. I am not doing it for him. I am doing it for my kids and this country.

Its not even about ideology anymore. This country is about to collapse. Obama has failed and can't stop it. Romney can at least slow it down. Maybe long enough for someone to figure something out.

Last edited by mac66; 09-28-2012 at 17:06..
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:37   #11
filthy infidel
100% Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
Those of us who were around when Reagan was running against Carter heard a constant bombardment by the media how Carter was ahead and would win. Reagan was behind in the polls the whole time but most people were tired of the economy and Carter's weakness as a president. I kind of see the same thing happening again. I don't see Obama having the same support he had the first time. Except for the radical left/media you don't hear the same rhetoric as we heard the first time.

On the other hand, the media is doing a pretty good job of making you guys drink the koolaid thinking Obama is going to win.

My suggestion, is instead of wringing ones hands about Obama, get off your butts and go help Romney win. I never before got involved in a campaign and I was never a Romney supporter. However, this year I volunteered to work on his campaign. I am not doing it for him. I am doing it for my kids and this country.

Its not even about ideology anymore. This country is about to collapse. Obama has failed and can't stop it. Romney can at least slow it down. Maybe long enough for someone to figure something out.
This is the third thing I cling to, and after I get home from work I go to the local GOP campaign office and donate two more hours of my day. Sounds like dire straits but I do believe that the nation as we know it hangs in the balance of what we find November 7.
Old 09-28-2012, 21:17   #12
okie
GT Mayor

Sadly obama is going to be voted in again
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:22   #13
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Sadly obama is going to be voted in again
If Obama is re-elected I hope he goes full left. That would be wonderful for America - why? People might wake up.

We are frogs being slowly cooked - turn up the heat and people might realize what is going on.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:13   #14
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

I think Romney has a decent chance at winning. Not a sure thing by any means, but he's running against Obama, the democrat party Lie Machine and aided by fawning press who's intellectual dishonesty and lack of objectivity is reaching historic lows.

The debates will tell the tale. Most polls are wrong. Very few are trustworthy, I go with Rasmussen mostly.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:36   #15
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
The debates will tell the tale.
This.

I'm very much looking forward to the debates.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:58   #16
MarinePride

As each day passes, more and more people are losing at the game of life. Because of this, they will vote for the candidate that is perceived to give them stuff. Obama and the Dems fit the criteria for this and the Repubs. just don't.

The election will still be close, but Obama is gonna steal it. Ohio is a must win and Obama is ahead there.
MarinePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 23:26   #17
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Obamanation will win and it really doesn't matter because the 2 choices both suck and hate your guns
Old 10-01-2012, 20:08   #18
KommieforniaGlocker

Romney

Will lose you are kidding yourself if you honestly believe he is a conservative, look at what he did and said as Governor, see for your self. Google it, YouTube it For yourself Romney and Obama are one in the same, the only difference is you see Obama coming.
KommieforniaGlocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:01   #19
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Lets take a look, College kids think Obama is God's answer to everything, seniors think Obama is the chosen one to fix the country and he of course will get the minority vote. No I think we are screwed big time

The thing that gets me pissed off is that this election is so focused on color and not who can run this country better
Old 11-01-2012, 09:27   #20
snappy

Romney wins in a landslide easily.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:34   #21
Roger1079

Quote:
I don't believe people are stupid enough to let Obama have 4 more years. So yea, I think Romney will win in a landslide.
I have to disagree. W got a second term after proving to be a complete failure during his first. I don't see any reason why at this point that history will not repeat itself.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:09   #22
mabgrac

Yea I read about the polls all the time and hear the naysayers saying Romney can't win, but then I think about it and in my mind it seems almost impossible that Obama will be re-elected.

For one, I find it hard to believe anyone who voted for McCain will now be voting for Obama, so give Romney 99% of those votes. I find it hard to believe that at least 5 to 10 out of 100 2008 Obama voters won't switch over to Romney. I find it hard to believe that Democratic turnout will be anywhere near 2008 levels when so many people were excited about Obama. I find it hard to believe that the Anti-Obama vote won't turn out in record levels. I find it hard to believe that the youth vote will turn out for Obama like it did in 2008. I find it hard to believe that the black, Jewish, Union and Independent voters will turn out and vote for Obama like they did in 2008.

You can go down the line of the 2008 voting blocks and I can't see one set of constituents that Obama should do as well with this time as he did in 2008 except maybe the LGBT crowd and shockingly out of the gay people I know, which is only like 5 or 6 people, at least half of them are voting for Romney.

So to me it becomes a matter of do I believe what the polls and the media say or do I believe what my own eyes and thoughts tell me?

The other interesting thing is this time I see way fewer bumper stickers and signs for either candidate. Which I think probably bodes well for Romney.

I guess you could say I am cautiously optimistic Romney will win.
mabgrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:12   #23
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabgrac View Post
Yea I read about the polls all the time and hear the naysayers saying Romney can't win, but then I think about it and in my mind it seems almost impossible that Obama will be re-elected.

For one, I find it hard to believe anyone who voted for McCain will now be voting for Obama, so give Romney 99% of those votes. I find it hard to believe that at least 5 to 10 out of 100 2008 Obama voters won't switch over to Romney. I find it hard to believe that Democratic turnout will be anywhere near 2008 levels when so many people were excited about Obama. I find it hard to believe that the Anti-Obama vote won't turn out in record levels. I find it hard to believe that the youth vote will turn out for Obama like it did in 2008. I find it hard to believe that the black, Jewish, Union and Independent voters will turn out and vote for Obama like they did in 2008.

You can go down the line of the 2008 voting blocks and I can't see one set of constituents that Obama should do as well with this time as he did in 2008 except maybe the LGBT crowd and shockingly out of the gay people I know, which is only like 5 or 6 people, at least half of them are voting for Romney.

So to me it becomes a matter of do I believe what the polls and the media say or do I believe what my own eyes and thoughts tell me?

The other interesting thing is this time I see way fewer bumper stickers and signs for either candidate. Which I think probably bodes well for Romney.

I guess you could say I am cautiously optimistic Romney will win.
I think of it the exact same way.

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:13   #24
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
It's not stupid if you're living off the government and the work of other people, and you know Obama is the way to keep that ride going.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:53   #25
ca survivor

Quote:
remember, those stupid people from 4 years ago are going to vote again.
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote