Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-07-2012, 20:24   #1
Scott3670

Guns and booze

I'm just sitting here enjoying a nice beverage and realxing after a hot (but short) day at the range. Anyway, I decided to practice my photography skills (which are mediocre at berst). FWIW, I took this picture before drinking and making sure that the gun was unloaded. Anyway, enjoy.

General Firearms Forum

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.
Scott3670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 20:34   #2
GLOCK17DB9

Nice photo! Its hard to believe that the two don't mix!
Old 07-08-2012, 13:16   #3
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCK17DB9 View Post
yup, but after shooting a nice drink is always nice(but only in that order )
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 14:45   #4
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBennett View Post
yup, but after shooting a nice drink is always nice(but only in that order )
Oh, come on. If going to the range makes you nervous, slam a bottle or two.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 22:20   #5
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCK17DB9 View Post
It just runs all over the place when you try to mix them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 20:46   #6
bac1023

Cool pic

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 21:12   #7
Ferdinandd

Nice pic. I love Maker's Mark - have even toured the distillery - and I'm a big fan of Sig Arms - have been to the factory and offices in Exeter, NH. However, I feel that firearms and alcohol are a bad combination. With a momentary lapse of focus, accidents happen with gunds - and alcohol consumption compromises focus, in my experience.

Good photo, disclaimer withstanding.
Ferdinandd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 21:34   #8
Scott3670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdinandd View Post
Nice pic. I love Maker's Mark - have even toured the distillery - and I'm a big fan of Sig Arms - have been to the factory and offices in Exeter, NH. However, I feel that firearms and alcohol are a bad combination. With a momentary lapse of focus, accidents happen with gunds - and alcohol consumption compromises focus, in my experience.

Good photo, disclaimer withstanding.
I could not agree with you more. However, I clearly stated that I took this picture with an unloaded firearm and before drinking. I pride myself on being very safe with firearms.

Old 07-07-2012, 21:15   #9
257 roberts

226 ?
257 roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 21:32   #10
glock2740
Gun lover.

I love guns and I love booze.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 21:32   #11
Scott3670

Quote:
Originally Posted by 257 roberts View Post
226 ?
Yeah, one of my favorite guns.

Old 07-07-2012, 21:37   #12
dajcarroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott3670 View Post
I'm just sitting here enjoying a nice beverage and realxing after a hot (but short) day at the range. Anyway, I decided to practice my photography skills (which are mediocre at berst). FWIW, I took this picture before drinking and making sure that the gun was unloaded. Anyway, enjoy.

General Firearms Forum
Hell yeah

G19 - Gen 3
G37 - Gen 3
NEF Pardner SBI 12 Ga.
Savage Model 24 - .22LR/410
dajcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 22:13   #13
garya1961

What do you do if after you had a few drinks you hear glass breaking at the rear of you house and you gun is unloaded? I'm not trying to be critical just asking. I don't drink now but I use to and I don't condem anyone for taking a drink, but shouldn't you be ready to protect yourself even if drinking? I would leave it loaded but in a safe place and only touch it if it was an emergency.
As I said before I don't mean to sound critical just wondering what you and others think about protecting yourself while drinking.
garya1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 23:43   #14
Scott3670

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya1961 View Post
What do you do if after you had a few drinks you hear glass breaking at the rear of you house and you gun is unloaded? I'm not trying to be critical just asking. I don't drink now but I use to and I don't condem anyone for taking a drink, but shouldn't you be ready to protect yourself even if drinking? I would leave it loaded but in a safe place and only touch it if it was an emergency.
As I said before I don't mean to sound critical just wondering what you and others think about protecting yourself while drinking.
I respect your opinion but in all honesty I limit myself to one drink per night, rarely two. In any event I agree that an unloaded gun is all but broken, but it is not the only gun that I possess and for the sake of this picture it was not serving time on my night stand for HD purposes. I'm not trying to provoke an argument here, just responding to your good post. The bottom line here is that I am always prepared to defend my wife and household should the poop hit the fan.

Finally, it is this kind of thought-provoking discussion that proves the value of forums like this.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:42   #15
DonD

Quote:
in all honesty I limit myself to one drink per night, rarely two
I don't think your level of consumption compromises your ability to think and act rationally. Don
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 13:00   #16
garya1961

Quote:
I respect your opinion but in all honesty I limit myself to one drink per night, rarely two. In any event I agree that an unloaded gun is all but broken, but it is not the only gun that I possess and for the sake of this picture it was not serving time on my night stand for HD purposes. I'm not trying to provoke an argument here, just responding to your good post. The bottom line here is that I am always prepared to defend my wife and household should the poop hit the fan.

Finally, it is this kind of thought-provoking discussion that proves the value of forums like this.
Not trying to start an arguement in any way. It's just that you stated the gun was unloaded as if you would be berated for taking a drink with a loaded gun and you may have been, just not by me.
I'm speaking in general not to you personally when I say it is something to consider when drinking. What if something does happen and you are forced to defend yourself. How would the police react to the smell of alcohol? I have been in a situation before where they assumed I was the guilty party because I had been drinking.(no guns involved)

Last edited by garya1961; 07-08-2012 at 13:04..
Old 07-08-2012, 17:15   #17
DonD

Quote:
What if something does happen and you are forced to defend yourself. How would the police react to the smell of alcohol? I have been in a situation before where they assumed I was the guilty party because I had been drinking.(no guns involved)
Your post suggests that someone who defends him/herself in their own home could never have a drink because the intruder might violate their home after they had a evening glass of wine.

Not reasonable at all. If the homeowner was staggering drunk and failed to adhere to the law that would be one thing but a scent of alcohol, not hardly. Don
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 17:21   #18
geofri
Lifetime Membership
Poikilotherm™

General Firearms Forum

geofri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 19:12   #19
garya1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post
Your post suggests that someone who defends him/herself in their own home could never have a drink because the intruder might violate their home after they had a evening glass of wine.

Not reasonable at all. If the homeowner was staggering drunk and failed to adhere to the law that would be one thing but a scent of alcohol, not hardly. Don
That's not what I meant at all. Even if I were falling down drunk I would still defend myself if possible. I was just wondering if anyone ever considered what the outcome would be if such a thing happened.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:29   #20
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
I don't presume to speak for the OP, but what he stated in his post was that he made sure the gun was unloaded before taking the pic of it and the bottle. I would not assume that the gun stayed unloaded after he was done goofing around with it and the camera. So, I would suggest if the need arose, he probably would be able to produce a loaded weapon to deal with said need.

Tags
gtds certified