Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-18-2012, 13:46   #1
Trace3

Ruger and the Keltec KSG

Where can I sign a petition for Ruger to build an "equivalent" of the KSG?

Loving my LCP and absolutely beating my head against the wall watching Kel Tec mis-manage the best innovation in shotgun design in the past hundred years.
Trace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 13:52   #2
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Petition?

Why bother?

Old 05-18-2012, 20:12   #3
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I am all about that. Get someone that can build one to build it. lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 20:14   #4
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

And I think you are correct, it could change the course of the defensive shotgun, very inovative. Large capacity, compact and user friendly (read ambidextrous). I like what I see if it is reliable and works.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:08   #5
blastfact

How are they mismanaging it?
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 16:42   #6
Trace3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfact View Post
How are they mismanaging it?
The company seems to have issues with producing their designs in a timely manner that meets the demand that their marketing has created. This inability to meet the demand creates ill feelings in potential customers.

The thing that is most frustrating for me is that Kel Tec has done this with so many cool products. RFB, RMR, and PMR are all examples of a strong public response to Kel Tec's new products. However, small production runs and sky high initial pricing hurt the potential for these firearms and Kel Tec.

If you give people too much time waiting on some of this stuff they start asking why they are paying $1,800 for a bullpup FAL (in the case of the RFB). Or $600 for a .22 magnum that is crap for self defense and more expensive than 22lr for plinking. People, at least people like me, will buy this stuff because it is cool. If you wait too long to get it on the shelves we start asking ourselves if it is also practical.

I also think the KSG can be produced in such a manner that pricing would be comparable to most other pump shotguns on the market.

The KSG is cool and practical and I want it for both personal and business purposes. I think Kel Tec announced the gun at Shotshow 2011, in January of that year. Its been a year and a half and for all intensive purposes it still can't be had.

So let's have some more companies jump into the game. Heck license the design to someone who can make these things and Kel Tec will still make a killing.
Trace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:22   #7
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

How many do you see on gun store shelves at MSRP or below. So far the only ones I have heard about are on internet sites going for $1500 and up. If your going to introduce an inovative new gun that everyone is going to want, be able to supply it.

Old 05-19-2012, 17:44   #8
RHVEtte

It does bring an interesting idea to point. What if Kel-Tec changed their name and business model to Kel-Tec Design Group and was purchased by Ruger? Like, Ruger turns them into a think tank and lets them run wild. Go, go and think up some other crazy design that people will fight over and throw money at us for. Don't worry about production, we'll take care of the scary assembly things.

I actually think it would work. Everyone apes on Ruger for following Kel-Tec's designs, but you have to admit that have a better track record on QA, for the most part. And they're definitely better able to keep up with demand. This way, Ruger gets new designs and Kel-Tec gets to run wild without having to be bothered by quality issues.
Liberty is a candle in a tempest. It is a rare and beautiful thing that must be jealously guarded, lest it be snuffed out. And like the candle, Liberty under tyranny is difficult to reignite. -- undoubtedly said by someone smarter than I.
RHVEtte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ksg, ruger