Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 07:50   #1
Chesafreak
Senior Member
 
Chesafreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 1,870
I passed my CCA cert exam this weekend!

On Saturday morning, I passed my Citrix Certified Administrator for XenApp (Server 2008) exam.

Next up is CCA for Access Gateway Ent Edition, then CCA for Netscaler. I already went through the training classes for those exams. Then I will tackle the more advanced Citrix certs.
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:52   #2
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,455
Blog Entries: 1


Tech Talk
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 14:28   #3
Chesafreak
Senior Member
 
Chesafreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 1,870
I was looking into the next higher level cert and was upset to see that Citrix requires a five-day training course as a prerequisite. Grrrrrr.
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:09   #4
BuckeyePPC
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: SE AZ
Posts: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
I was looking into the next higher level cert and was upset to see that Citrix requires a five-day training course as a prerequisite. Grrrrrr.
I just passed my CEH, Certified Ethical Hacker, cert. EC-Council really wants you to take their training but does allow self study if you submit eligibility forms, signed statement from your supervisor and as many documents as needed to prove you have the experience. I sent in a boatload of earned certs proving I had the knowledge and supervisor signed form telling them I had the 2 years experience. Maybe you can do something similar.
__________________
---------------------------------------
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!!! - unknown author
BuckeyePPC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:33   #5
Chesafreak
Senior Member
 
Chesafreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyePPC View Post
I just passed my CEH, Certified Ethical Hacker, cert. EC-Council really wants you to take their training but does allow self study if you submit eligibility forms, signed statement from your supervisor and as many documents as needed to prove you have the experience. I sent in a boatload of earned certs proving I had the knowledge and supervisor signed form telling them I had the 2 years experience. Maybe you can do something similar.
Congrats on your CEH cert!

I talked to my boss who said they will send me to the CCAA course sometime later this year or early next. Instead of working on the CCAA, I'm now studying for CCA for AGEE. I've already been promised the course for CCA for Netscaler this FY. By the time I get the training course required for CCAA, I should already have CCA's for XenApp, AGEE, and Netscaler.

I have considered getting the CEH cert as well. I have a degree in Networking and Security Management and 5 years of work experience in network security. My employer moved me from managing the network and firewalls to Citrix systems, so I got off the security cert track. I already have the Security+ cert.
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 13:42   #6
BuckeyePPC
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: SE AZ
Posts: 1,412
Thanks. 10 years ago I promised I wouldn't get on the cert hamster wheel again but what are you gonna do ? You gotta stay employable and, for me, stay up with all the youngsters in the field now. With Security+ and CEH I only want to take 1 more security test and that's CISSP but that'll probably be next year. Congrats on all yours and good luck.
__________________
---------------------------------------
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!!! - unknown author
BuckeyePPC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:42   #7
Sammael
Ich tu dir Weh.
 
Sammael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,549
"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." - Sophocles

Yes, congrats on memorizing your braindump.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1412819



"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." - Sophocles
Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:52   #8
Chesafreak
Senior Member
 
Chesafreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock-7 View Post
Yes, congrats on memorizing your braindump.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1412819



"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." - Sophocles
I asked for opinions on Pass4sure. Once I found out that it was a braindump and that braindumps are illegal, I decided not to buy it or use any other braindump. Big ASSumption you made there. What I did use was the student guide I had from back when I took the Citrix course.

Last edited by Chesafreak; 04-23-2012 at 11:08.. Reason: spelling
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:08   #9
Sammael
Ich tu dir Weh.
 
Sammael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
What I did use was the student guide I had from back when I took the Citrix course.
Gee, that's funny. If you were going to pass via a student guide and actual hard work, why would you post a few weeks back regarding Citrix dumps from Pass4sure?

Nice backpedal, but "I need input on Pass4sure for an exam in a few weeks", and "I know it's a braindump", leading into a post two weeks later, (obviously looking for congratulations and a pat on the back) stating you passed a Citrix exam, when that's exactly what you posted about in the Pass4sure thread...

Yes, you're right. It's all a big coincidence.

My apologies. I'm sure you worked very hard to pass this exam.



Justify it all you like, but passing via a dump doesn't deserve accolades. But again, I'm sure this is all a big coincidence, and my "assumptions" are at fault.

Enjoy your 'hard-earned' success, and take pride in knowing you didn't stoop to the level of using a dump to score a quick (yet hollow) victory... I mean, you'd never do that, now would you?

Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:18   #10
Chesafreak
Senior Member
 
Chesafreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock-7 View Post
Gee, that's funny. If you were going to pass via a student guide and actual hard work, why would you post a few weeks back regarding Citrix dumps from Pass4sure?

Nice backpedal, but "I need input on Pass4sure for an exam in a few weeks", and "I know it's a braindump", leading into a post two weeks later, (obviously looking for congratulations and a pat on the back) stating you passed a Citrix exam, when that's exactly what you posted about in the Pass4sure thread...

Yes, you're right. It's all a big coincidence.

My apologies. I'm sure you worked very hard to pass this exam.



Justify it all you like, but passing via a dump doesn't deserve accolades. But again, I'm sure this is all a big coincidence, and my "assumptions" are at fault.

Enjoy your 'hard-earned' success, and take pride in knowing you didn't stoop to the level of using a dump to score a quick (yet hollow) victory... I mean, you'd never do that, now would you?


I had misplaced my Citrix student guides. They were boxed up and misplaced after my recent move. I didn't have anything else to study so I was looking at Pass4sure. When I posted that thread, I didn't yet know that braindumps are illegal. Once the thread got locked and it was explained to my why braindumps are illegal, I chose not to use one. So, I went through my storage unit and found my Citrix student guides and used those. I realize that this looked like too big of a coincidence for you to believe. But I really don't care what you think. I know that I passed and was not using anything other than my official student guide and the XenApp admin guide. ASSume all you want.
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:14   #11
Sammael
Ich tu dir Weh.
 
Sammael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
Once I found out that it was a braindump...
Might I refer you to the first line of this post, where you said you already knew it was a dump..?

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...8&postcount=10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
...and that braindumps are illegal, I decided not to buy it or use any other braindump.
Oh, please. Anyone who has been in IT past their A+ Cert knows dumps are illegal.

Your stories are conflicting and starting to unravel. Maybe best to quit while you're still ahead(?).
Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:33.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,040
305 Members
735 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31