Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-21-2012, 13:29   #1
Nalapombu

Does Everyone that Shoots now Wear GLOVES??

My GOD, every time I click on a video of a firearm test whether it be a hunting rifle, a 22 handgun or an over/under clay target shotgun, the guy doing the "test" is wearing gloves. Not just any gloves.....oh no way, they are the special "TACTICAL GLOVES."
Does everyone now have to wear gloves when shooting a firearm? I can understand the troops wearing them, they are in a hostile environment, but guys at home on the range wearing them, give me a break.

When did this lunacy start? It looks absolutely ridiculous. What is the purpose of wearing them, really? Do they just want to look cool or THINK they look cool?

Sometimes when I watch these videos I can totally understand why the antis make fun of gun owners so much. We give them such HUGE targets how could they not?

Hey guys, STOP with the TACTICAL GLOVES already and just shoot your guns with your bare hands. You look like GEKO45 when you wear them.

Nalajr
Old 03-21-2012, 13:35   #2
IGotIt
No Demlibtards

Handguards on AR's get uncomfortably hot after firing many rounds, other guns might too. Some might like gloves because it makes gripping the gun more comfortable, some might wear them to keep there hands free of lead residue.

To each their own.
Old 03-21-2012, 13:39   #3
Sheepdog Scout
Behind you!

I don't, not every time.

But apparently the sky is falling!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sheepdog Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 13:41   #4
CitizenOfDreams

It keeps my nails pretty.
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 13:47   #5
MadMonkey
Spershul Furces

Send a message via AIM to MadMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to MadMonkey
I use gloves quite often when I shoot. Didn't realize that made me a mall ninja.

What really gets me are the people who wear SHOES when they shoot. If John Moses Browning had wanted us to wear those useless things he would have said so.
MadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 13:53   #6
SigFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
I use gloves quite often when I shoot. Didn't realize that made me a mall ninja.

What really gets me are the people who wear SHOES when they shoot. If John Moses Browning had wanted us to wear those useless things he would have said so.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:43   #7
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post

There's a difference between people who are required to wear gloves to shoot and people who do it because the cool SWAT guys in the movies do it.

Personally, I wear gloves if the Army says I have to, but otherwise the only shooting glove I've ever worn was one of these:
General Firearms Forum

Last edited by Bren; 03-22-2012 at 04:44..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 13:49   #8
Rumbler_G20

I think it depends on the application.

If you are in fact a paper puncher shooting at static targets on a static range it is ridiculous unless you are shooting a snubbie .50 AE.

If on the other hand you do actually train and shoot in a tactical environment, wearing gloves in not only appropriate and smart, but really important to do.

FWIW. I've seen folks looking really stupid wearing them AND not wearing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalapombu View Post
My GOD, every time I click on a video of a firearm test whether it be a hunting rifle, a 22 handgun or an over/under clay target shotgun, the guy doing the "test" is wearing gloves. Not just any gloves.....oh no way, they are the special "TACTICAL GLOVES."
Does everyone now have to wear gloves when shooting a firearm? I can understand the troops wearing them, they are in a hostile environment, but guys at home on the range wearing them, give me a break.

When did this lunacy start? It looks absolutely ridiculous. What is the purpose of wearing them, really? Do they just want to look cool or THINK they look cool?

Sometimes when I watch these videos I can totally understand why the antis make fun of gun owners so much. We give them such HUGE targets how could they not?

Hey guys, STOP with the TACTICAL GLOVES already and just shoot your guns with your bare hands. You look like GEKO45 when you wear them.

Nalajr
Rumbler_G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 13:52   #9
ancient_serpent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalapombu View Post

Nalajr
I shoot with gloves all the time for two simple reasons.
1- I wear gloves at work and shoot with them at work.
2- I rather like not burning or cutting my hands apart when I'm running a weapon hard.
YMMV.
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 13:55   #10
ancient_serpent

Yep, I, too thought about posting something along those lines but maybe the OP has never burned his hands on a hot weapon or torn them up clearing stovepipes.
Maybe he honestly just doesn't run his weapons that hard...
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 13:56   #11
bac1023

Not me.

Always eyes and ears, but never gloves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 13:59   #12
Kaonashi

Saw the thread title and instantly thought you meant those blue latex cleaning gloves

Two by two with hands of blue.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

- Charlton Heston, on NBC's Meet the Press, May 18, 1997
Kaonashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 14:04   #13
SigFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaonashi View Post
Saw the thread title and instantly thought you meant those blue latex cleaning gloves

I use the blue rubber gloves while reloading, does that make me a reloading ninja
Old 03-23-2012, 10:52   #14
Unistat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaonashi View Post

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
If I saw that at the range, my only response would be: "I aim to misbehave."
Old 03-23-2012, 12:58   #15
humanguerrilla

I wear these most of the time. I work in them and shoot in them a lot.
http://www.lapolicegear.com/haspalneshgl.html

Shoot more whine less. I don't care what you wear if you are shooting and being safe about it even if you scare Fuddly Fudds at the range and provide some entertainment.
humanguerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 14:18   #16
Teecher45

When training hard for work. Clearing buildings and so forth. In corrections we were puncture proof gloves a lot. If I'm gonna wear them if the S hits the fan I should train with them.
However, if I'm just target practicing on the range, then no. Unless its really cold. Then it's jersey gloves.
Old 03-21-2012, 14:24   #17
nathanours
Texan

I wear gloves in the winter because I am often shooting in 20 degree weather... guess that makes me a mall ninja...

Black Rifle Club #1989
nathanours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 14:28   #18
Baba Louie

Gloves outdoors when shooting? Yep.

Tacticool? Nope.

Don't like sunburned paws or hot barrel interaction.

YMMV
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 19:47   #19
wanderinwalker
6 of .44

Send a message via AIM to wanderinwalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanours View Post
I wear gloves in the winter because I am often shooting in 20 degree weather... guess that makes me a mall ninja...
This was my first thought too. (Actually, my first thought was "only a Texan or Californian could never see having to wear gloves"... ) When it's in the teens, I kind of like being able to maintain dexterity in my fingers. Oh, and just so we're all aware, some gloves don't interact well with revolver triggers and get stuck. You can get the first shot off, but the excess material prevents you from getting to reset. Glocks and other semi-autos are better in this regard.

I could see wearing the Nomex-type gloves if doing lots of drills where manipulating the controls would abrade the fingers. I also think if I were shooting in the desert during warm weather it would be nice to insulate my hands from sun-baked parts.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:06   #20
Jake Starr

I train like I plan to fight...and I train how I live. I hardly ever wear gloves except when it is cold. So when it is cold I train with the gloves I wear. When warm the gloves come off.

I have taken several Israeli classes that have had us 8 hrs per day 2-7 days per week. Didn't wear gloves but I did end up taping my fingers. Gloves would have been nice.

The Christian faith is in no way pacifistic.
Jake Starr is offline   Reply With Quote