Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:14   #1
cole

Crossbreed SuperTuck: Customizations/Personalizations?

How have you've tweaked and personalized your Crossbreed SuperTuck (CBST)? Mine below. Yes, it's very fugly, but now works even better for me. Yours?

Personalizations:
1) Started out as a 1911 Rail holster (got it cheap) and changed to G30 (via heat gun)
2) Combat cut (to assist draw) and removed all excess leather on sweat guard and below grip
3) Cut at mag release to prevent unintented release (was happening while seated in bucket seats; tried to dimple first, but that did not work)
4) Trimmed extra leather at muzzle
5) Shortened front clip and shaped leather (carry at 3 'oclock and clip was pressing into my leg while seated)
6) Moved both clips in about 1" and trimmed leather to reduce overall profile (same issue as #5, plus reduced excess leather in rear)
7) Treated with leather conditioner (to remove sqeak and to after heat gun noted above)
8) Tried snap loops (note holes at top of holster on back) but sat too high.
9) May get around to shortening back clip, too (just to reduce profile even more)

Carry Issues

1911 rig
Carry Issues
- When I was strong they came for the weak but I did nothing. Now I am weak and they come for me.

Last edited by cole; 09-25-2011 at 19:23.. Reason: spelling
cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:59   #2
GRT45
Transform & Win

This is a really good post. You have some excellent suggestions here that make a great IWB holster even better for the G30. The text and photos are very helpful to illustrate what you did. I hope some employees at Crossbreed Holsters are lurking and get some ideas to improve the product. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 17:00   #3
LoadToadBoss
IYAAYWOT

I got the MiniTuck for my PF-9 this week. The only modification I made was the combat cut for better gripping of weapon. I'm breaking the holster in now. I got the horsehide leather. I haven't noticed any squeaks.

"Government cannot deny its citizens a right on the off chance that right might be abused." --Unknown
LoadToadBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 17:31   #4
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da

After five years of big, sweaty wear, mine is shaped like my love-handles, permanently.

(I already combat-cut it and trimmed some of the leather years ago.)

Nice job customizing it. Gives me some ideas for my knockoff version I carry my MK9 in.
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 18:23   #5
pilsbury

Nice post. Tell me something please. Is the part that actually holds the gun kydex or leather?
Old 05-07-2011, 18:25   #6
denverr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole View Post
How have you've tweaked and personalized your Crossbreed SuperTuck (CBST)? Mine below. Yes, it's very fugly, but now works even better for me. Yours?

Personalizations:
1) Started out as a 1911 Rail holster (got it cheap) and changed to G30 (via heat gun)
2) Combat cut (to assist draw) and removed all excess leather on sweat guard and below grip
3) Cut at mag release to prevent unintented release (was happening while seated in bucket seats; tried to dimple first, but that did not work)
4) Trimmed extra leather at muzzle
5) Shortened front clip and shaped leather (carry at 3 'oclock and clip was pressing into my leg while seated)
6) Moved both clips in about 1" and trimmed leather to reduce overall profile (same issue as #5, plus reduced excess leather in rear)
7) Treated with leather conditioner (to remove sqeak and to after heat gun noted above)
8) Tried snap loops (note holes at top of holster on back) but sat too high.
9) May get around to shortening back clip, too (just to reduce profile even more)

Carry Issues
WOW!! I DID THE SAME THING TO MINE !!!
I made front clip shorter and moved it in closer and trimed it up to help with the rubbing while sitting!!!
denverr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 18:53   #7
BK63

I have actually been thinking about trimming mine just a little as there is a quater or half inch more here or there than need be for me. I notice more when I'm sitting in a car or bending and it's just that little bit. Maybe now I'll actually get around to trimming it but I carry for hours and walk a lot in the woods and hike and it just holds the gun in place and never moves. Very comfortable.

Pilsbury the part that actually holds the gun is Kydex.

Last edited by BK63; 05-07-2011 at 18:55..
BK63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 19:42   #8
pilsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK63 View Post

Pilsbury the part that actually holds the gun is Kydex.
Thank you. Thought so, but I wasn't 100% sure.
Old 05-07-2011, 23:27   #9
BailRecoveryAgent
Rude Member

I did much of the same to my Shielded Holster. Combat cut it myself, I was stupid and ordered it without it, and eventually added snap loops of my own making out of an old dress belt and removed all excess leather that I felt didn't need to be there any longer.

Wore it today for the first time in a while, carry owb 99% of the time, and it was comfortable to the point of not noticing it was there. I can sit for long periods of time with an owb holster and experience no discomfort, but when you have a gun and holster shoved down your pants I prefer the least amount of material as possible.
BailRecoveryAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 23:34   #10
Veedubklown

I actually made my own hybrid IWB holster, so I could do everything customized the way I wanted.

Carry Issues
Carry Issues

Those are all great suggestions, I am considering doing some more work to mine.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:24   #11
AH.74

Good post, thanks for putting it up and including good pictures.

I've been thinking about combat-cutting mine, didn't really think it would be necessary when ordering it but believe it will make a good difference. Your after-shot will provide a good guideline.
AH.74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:59   #12
NAS T MAG

I've made modifications on two of my Kholsters. I've trimmed them, dyed them and replaced the metal clips with MTAC clips. I just don't like the looks of the metal clips when tucked and I have never been a fan of the crosses on the Crossbreed. Nothing religious, just think they don't need to be calling attention to something attached to your belt. Nice job on the mods. FWIW, here are mine.

Carry Issues
Carry Issues
Carry Issues
Carry Issues

Last edited by NAS T MAG; 05-08-2011 at 08:01..
NAS T MAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 14:39   #13
tonyparson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAS T MAG View Post
I've made modifications on two of my Kholsters. I've trimmed them, dyed them and replaced the metal clips with MTAC clips. I just don't like the looks of the metal clips when tucked and I have never been a fan of the crosses on the Crossbreed. Nothing religious, just think they don't need to be calling attention to something attached to your belt. Nice job on the mods. FWIW, here are mine.

Carry Issues
Carry Issues
Carry Issues
Carry Issues
Hey NAS T MAG yours looks 100% better. I think you did a good job making an ugly holster look as good as you did.
Old 05-10-2011, 14:51   #14
EAA10

Originally Posted by NAS T MAG I've made modifications on two of my Kholsters. I've trimmed them, dyed them and replaced the metal clips with MTAC clips. I just don't like the looks of the metal clips when tucked and I have never been a fan of the crosses on the Crossbreed. Nothing religious, just think they don't need to be calling attention to something attached to your belt. Nice job on the mods. FWIW, here are mine.

I'll take the CB clips if you do not want them......send me a PM if you are willing.

Last edited by EAA10; 05-10-2011 at 14:53..
EAA10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:09   #15
fuzzy03cls

I cut mine when I got them too.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 18:45   #16
Veedubklown

Hard to belive you guys are paying $45-$85 to chop these holsters up.
Old 05-09-2011, 19:25   #17
GoBigOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedubklown View Post
I agree. I own and use a Supertuck often but I will admit they are probably one of the more OVER-rated holsters on the market.
Old 05-09-2011, 19:27   #18
NAS T MAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedubklown View Post
I bought a $40,000 car and added another $20,000 to it. Stock sucks!
NAS T MAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 19:59   #19
Veedubklown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAS T MAG View Post
I bought a $40,000 car and added another $20,000 to it. Stock sucks!
I'm totally agreeing with you there, seeing how I have most accessories available for my glock 26. In fact I can't think of a single case where I wouldn't agree with you, so...
Old 05-09-2011, 19:36   #20
Dexter

trimmed up both of my hybreds
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote