Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-30-2010, 13:28   #1
jjcool

Looking for a deal vs being insulting

I'm going to pick up a P2000SK 9mm this week from a local gun shop. They always have them in stock and there list price is $790. This is for the DA/SA model and not the LEM trigger. When I first started looking at these they were $811 at buds gun shop (and never in stock) and now they're $852 for some reason plus $25 to transfer it.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/15355
Even used on here they're going for $600-$800. So this is already a good deal. I'm going to pay cash either way and I know cash talks and you can get a deal almost anywhere when you start waving cash around. How much should I try to get him to come off the price, if any at all.
Old 11-30-2010, 13:43   #2
JBnTX
JB in Tx

790 is a good price.
I'd buy it.

I've never been the kind who demands a good "deal"
before he can make a purchase.

I want it, I see it, I buy it.
Price has always been incidental.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:08   #3
ku4hx

Send a message via AIM to ku4hx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Price has always been incidental.
Exactly! Value is king!

No matter how old the post is.

Last edited by ku4hx; 08-21-2011 at 07:09..
ku4hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 14:42   #4
sourdough44

Yeah, that's a pretty good price new, ballpark anyway. Of course you have to factor in local sales taxes too. I have a deal in the pipeline, since I don't have the gun yet I hate to talk. It's an H&K with less than 100 rounds at a fair savings over retail. Of course one has to factor in transfer,shipping & all. I don't have a problem with a few rounds through the gun if all else checks out.

I try not to low ball to much, especially if the deal is reasonable. I had a guy a while back say not only was my offer to low, he was going to block my e-mail. I guess I peeved him off some. I just check prices & see what things are SELLING for. I may factor in the benefits of an easy FTF cash sale. I think it can be easier to get a few freebies thrown in than getting the price down a bunch. When selling you have to be ready for some lowball offers. That reminds me of a garage sale I had ONCE.

Last edited by sourdough44; 11-30-2010 at 14:43..
sourdough44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 15:25   #5
jjcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough44 View Post
I think it can be easier to get a few freebies thrown in than getting the price down a bunch.
I thought about that as well. I'm in the market for weapon light for my HD gun, but he only carries Surefire and ITAC and I don't want either of those. I guess I could try to shoot for some ammo?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:46   #6
gtmtnbiker98

That's a damn good price for a NIB P2000SK. The dealer is almost at his cost on that pistol, so I wouldn't try to low ball at that price. Get it.
gtmtnbiker98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:52   #7
jjcool

yeah, plus I really like this gun store, so I don't mind supporting him if I'm not paying the absolute lowest price. I'm going to pick up the gun tonight. Maybe I'll just ask if he offers a cash discount and leave it at that.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:35   #8
bac1023

Good price
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:37   #9
jjcool

Woo Hoo!

Well, I went ahead and got it for the $799. Out the door it was $862. I did ask about the cash discount. She kindly said no and we proceeded on. I complicated the matter by getting there 10 minutes before closing. I didn't feel like I had much time for negotiating.

However, I'm super pleased with the gun. I love the size of it and it feels so good in my hand. I can't wait to go shoot it. I do want to get some flat floorplates for the magazines, but can't seem to find them anywhere. If anyone has any recommendations let me know.

Here is the required picture after a new gun purchase. Since I didn't take the time to photoshop the serial number I just covered it up with the key.
Heckler & Koch Forum
Old 12-02-2010, 09:11   #10
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

Congrats.

Here's where I get my flat magazine basplates. At $7ea. and $3 for shipping, $25 gets three baseplates shipped to your door. I have ordered from them twice now, got three for my USPc and three for my SK.

http://www.robertrtg.com/uspcflatplates.html
Old 12-02-2010, 11:09   #11
jjcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&K 4 LIFE View Post
Congrats.

Here's where I get my flat magazine basplates. At $7ea. and $3 for shipping, $25 gets three baseplates shipped to your door. I have ordered from them twice now, got three for my USPc and three for my SK.

thanks for the link. I just ordered two for the two magazines that came with the gun. $18 including shipping.
Old 12-02-2010, 15:49   #12
Hokie1911
><><><><><

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&K 4 LIFE View Post
Congrats.

+1

Have ordered a few times. Flat baseplates for my USPc and now my P2000.
Hokie1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 22:01   #13
gators096

Send a message via AIM to gators096
little too late here but i paid 500 for my like new in box p2000sk in 9mm V3, with AI date code. I lucked out and others were asleep on gunbroker. only thing it did not have was the extra mag and back strap, I've got a usp compact 9 and purchased some x-grips to cover up the part that is exposed. Point is if you are willing to wait and look you can find a smokin deal.
gators096 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
9mm, cash, deal, p2000sk, price