View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 01:14   #6
DJ Niner

From the first post, above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockanatorrrrr View Post

I found this piece of info while searcing for J frame info. I couldn't find the authors name. But it does have some good info in it!
The title of the article is "The J-Frame solution", by Ralph Mroz (link to entire article, as the above version is slightly shortened):

http://www.policeone.com/police-prod...icles/1240834/

Lots of good info, but at least one inaccuracy. At one point, he states:

"My own choice is the 342PD, the lightest J-frame of them all."

A 342PD weighs 10.8 ounces, according to the 2002 S&W catalog. The 2" 317 in .22LR weighs 10.5 ounces (same source). Even if you discount the rimfire, Smith also made the 337PD in .38+P with a weight of 10.7 ounces. In fairness to the author, I'm not sure when the 337PD was discontinued, so at the time of the article the 342PD may have been the lightest centerfire J-frame still in production. But the rimfire still has it beat, hands-down.
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote