View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 23:32   #1
Eric
Big Giant Head

Subscription Service Now Available For This Forum For Non-Sponsors

We are in the process of adding a paid membership level above the free basic membership here. The addition of that system allows me to set up other paid subscription services as well. Thread posting privileges in this forum is a part of all banner ad plans offered. If you do not want to go to the expense of a banner ad account on Glock Talk, but you would be able to tell GT members about your products here, we are now offering daily & weekly paid subscription to the Product Showcase forum. this will give you the right to originate threads here. Any member can then respond to your threads to discuss your products. To purchase a daily or weekly subscription to this forum, go to your 'UserCP' area, linked to above and to the left of this message, and scroll to near the bottom of the column on the left. You will find a 'Paid Subscriptions' link there. At this time, we are only set up to accept Pay Pal as payment. we are working on adding credit card processing as well and will let everyone know when it is up.

This is a new offering and we are working on posting guidelines for this subscription service. There will have to be practical limits placed on the number of new threads originated during a subscription period, so that no one spams the forum with too many messages for one company. Doing so will be detrimental to this forum and to the company in question. People have become sensitized to such things and it will really irritate members to see a large volume of messages from a single company, which will prove counter-productive to the purpose of posting here in the first place. Until we are able to study traffic patterns here with this system in place, I am asking that anyone who subscribes to this service use it with restraint. I would also ask that 'bump' messages not be posted by the OP, to bring their message back to the top of the forum list, especially once the member's paid subscription has expired. We will work on a more comprehensive set of guidelines to give everyone who posts here a level playing field. I welcome suggestions as to what these guidelines should be. Thank you for your support of Glock Talk. Eric

Thank you for your support of Glock Talk. Eric