Thread: OAF recipes
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 19:00   #38
Patricia
CLM Number 180
Wild at heart

Peanut Butter Cookies (for Mel, since she asked)

2 1/2 cups flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 cup butter

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup sugar

1 cup packed brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. In mixer, beat butter and peanut butter together till smooth. Beat in sugars till well blended, then add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients 1/3 at a time, until well blended. Refrigerate for one hour. Roll dough into balls and place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with fork, and bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.

Mel, a few tips for ya. First of all, if you are making these up here in Flag, you will have to adjust the recipe for high altitude. I have a forumla that I can post or email you for that. Always use real butter. Baker's Secret makes "bakers sugar" that is a bit finer and works well in cookies. Use a good name brand peanut butter. I use Jiff (yep, choosey mothers ). Also never skimp on the vanilla, use the best you can.