View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 15:22   #125
TommyT

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: and that's as should be.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ektarr
Agreed. And while it may seem vaquely disloyal, I must share a humorous memory with you...

I spent 3 years in Berlin, Germany (back in the mid-60's, when it really counted!) and served alongside many Allied forces, including members of the British Security Group. One evening in a favorite International watering hole's men's room, I happened to witness an American G.I. . . . regrettably of the lower order, and deep into the bottle by this time . . . make fun of a somewhat smallish soldier, one of Her Majesty's Royal Highlanders, in his kilts. I believe there was some comment about a man not wearing a skirt. Well, by the time the smoke cleared it was evident that Men do, indeed, occasionally wear such garments and had what it took to demonstrate the fact as well. I believe that particular soldier has, to this day, a remarkably different view of kilts and the men who wear them proudly.

Just thought you'd enjoy that.
Indeed! Marvellous! ;f

Jocks are as mad as a box of frogs, but my god, do they make awesome soldiers. Hard as 'kin nails.

It's a well known fact that a large proportion of the SAS is made up of Scotsmen. It must be something in the mountain water up there!
;I