View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 22:52   #4
manonmars
Spaced Out
 
manonmars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Great Cosmos
Posts: 1,768
Re: Stuff I don't eat

Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Chocolate toxicity

Cocoa powder and cooking chocolate are the most toxic forms. A 10-kilogram dog can be seriously affected if it eats a quarter of a 250gm packet of cocoa powder or half of a 250gm block of cooking chocolate. Semi-sweet chocolate and dark chocolate are the next most dangerous forms, with milk chocolate being the least dangerous. A dog needs to eat more than a 250gm block of milk chocolate to be affected. Obviously, the smaller the dog, the less it needs to eat.

[
10 kilo dog = 26 pounds

250gm = appx 9 oz

appx wt. of chocloate in 2 oz Butterfinger candy bar = .10 oz.

Number of candy bars a dog would have to eat to eat 9 oz of chocolate; 250

I don't know of a 26# dog that can eat 250 candy bars,. nor would they want to........
__________________
Some people are Smart, but not Intelligent. Some people are Intelligent, but not Smart..................LUCKILY, I am neither.
manonmars
manonmars is offline   Reply With Quote