View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 08:07   #7
SC Tiger
Some say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixflip View Post
This was years ago so my memory could be off a bit...

His autopsy showed he had some type of medication in him. I think he was an Annapolis graduate not a SEAL.

Costco had video tapes of the exact spot where he was but Costco conveniently said their surveillance system was down that day so there was no video.

I also heard he was ripping into packages and ignoring employees demands to leave the property. Someone saw one of his 2 holstered pistols as he was ripping into the products and called police. I don't know if a Costco employee reported it as brandishing a firearm?

Police make contact and give him orders to put his hands up. I heard he reached for his waistband (he did not reach for the sky) and shots were fired.

2 handguns were found on him. Why a seemingly normal well educated man was acting abnormal and agitated in the store and why a CCW permit holder did not automatically put his hands up...no one seems to know?

Life is stranger than fiction sometimes.

Just this last friday an unarmed man broke free from a police officer conducting a stop of a man who was harassing bicyclists out on a highway in the desert. The man ran to the patrol vehicle and grabbed for the AR15. He was told to stop...He didn't...and was shot dead.

Life is strange. There are people out there who do strange irrational things.
Not sure how many people here are familiar with Bill Carnes of 2nd Amendment Radio (he was on season 1 of Top Shot as well).

He did a piece on this where he contended that Erik Scott was shot only because he was carrying in a Costco. He even played the tape of the police radio.

Personally I never heard anything that was incriminating. The camera being down is suspicious but hardly conclusive.

And for the record, if the account mixflip posted is accurate, I do not blame Costco for calling the police when a man is a) armed (legally or not) and b) destroying property despite being asked not to. I would not want one of my employees to confront someone like that and get shot.

<< Shops at Sam's but just because it is closer. I have heard (may have been by Carnes on the radio) that the LV (at least) Costco isn't very gun-friendly though.

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Last edited by SC Tiger; 02-17-2014 at 08:50..
SC Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote