View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 00:00   #11
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Very nice find! It would not surprise me if you end up a bit better with the Model 19 as opposed to the 686.
I hope so! I am already shooting at the top of the league, but there is still room for improvement. I would like to shoot a 290 this season, hopefully I get there with this setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post
The mdl 19 sure does sit nicely in the hand, doesn't it????

Congrats on a GREAT revolver!!
Yes they do. Its funny, the 686 and M19 have the exact same grip, but the balance and overall feel is totally different. The m19 simply points and shoots better in my hands than the 686 did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver 60 View Post
Good choice. My old 6 inch barrel model 19 is very accurate. In fact today it's far more accurate than I am.

Years ago (before I got those over age 70 eyes) I was at the range one day shooting. I was using a standard 25 yard bullseye pistol target. I had set two of them up at the 100 yard line. I was the only one on the range. I was using iron sights and of course full house 357 ammo.

I fired 6 rounds from a sandbagged bench rest at the first target. Just then a friend of mine drove up. My friend came over and I asked him to wait a minute while I fired 6 rounds at the other target. I used a standing position, two handed hold, and of course single action.

After I fired, we went downrange to check my target, and post new targets. My friends eyes almost popped out when we looked at the first target and there were six holes, all in the black of the target. I explained that target was fired from a sandbagged rest.

We checked the other target and there were also six holes in it. They were in the circles, but they weren't all in the black.
Thats some great shooting for 100 yard shooting! Its a testament to what those old Smiths can do!