View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 08:09   #18
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
Yes being a younger guy older people always tell me how my stuff is bad and what they used to do, and it seems like there looking back through a filter.

I always love the "we weren't playing video games we were outside every day all the time." Then i bring up what they did during downpours, blizzards, ice storms and other greatest hits of the northeast's bipolar weather, they say they still went out. Then I ask them their favorite T.V. shows were and they name a million, so obviously they were inside watching tv not playing outside.

Or the we walked everywhere uphill both ways nosnsense. Busses existed if you lived in a city.

Whats your favorite things you were told.?
Rabbi is right. The opportunities for digital entertainment were limited back "in my day". :p

I swam all summer, and rode my bike year round, unless it was snowing. There were always touch football, stickball, or street hockey games to play. I hardly ever see a large group of kids playing these games, it is always groups of 3 or 4. We would have hockey games with two lines per team.

I think living in Philadelphia played a big part in it. We could walk or bike a short distance and run into kids we knew. Living in the suburbs is different. Kids lives seem more structured here. Everything is scheduled for them.

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app