View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 07:48   #15
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
There were a lot of old cartoons on TV in the afternoon. Mighty Mouse. Heckle & Jeckle. I may have seen a few/several of those. LOL

I read a BUTT-TON. I credit my ability to learn and retain today to reading almost constantly from age 8 to 18 (and beyond). I have many many friends that were out to have a good time and skate by early in life. They are continually amazed at the wealth of knowledge that I consider to be "common" knowledge.
I remember in 6th grade I was in science class and the teacher mentioned the (then-new) electron microscope. I raised my hand and said I could draw the design of one on the chalk board if anyone was interested. My friend sitting next to me said "How do you know that?" Shrugged and said I read a lot.

The downside was that I became really nearsighted back then. Had to wear glasses all during middle school and high school, finally got contacts when I was 19 and LASIK about 12 years ago which was and is awesome.