View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 09:11   #23
gemeinschaft
AKA Fluffy316

Send a message via AIM to gemeinschaft Send a message via Yahoo to gemeinschaft Send a message via Skype™ to gemeinschaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan View Post
I need to impose a summer schedule on the Internet usage late at night.

Have a couple of teen-aged boys who would chat or game all night here and there.

Middle son told me he pulled an all-nighter doing a programming project that will not make him any certain amount of money - that donation stuff. I told him unless you're getting paid over-time or studying all night for a college final, not acceptable.

Need to impose rule that from 11:30pm to 7am, no kids on the Internet. Only adults who have jobs, pay the bills, and are responsible.

Can someone advise how?
Duncan, while I can understand your concern, I know that I have spent many nights working late because that is the only time that I can find where people leave me alone.

I'd be interested in hearing about what he is programming. The fact is, technology is running at such a fast pace that by the time there are college courses to teach programming skills, they are outdated. Learning by doing is a must for anyone who wants to succeed in IT and he may be on his way towards making big strides, but you gotta start somewhere.

My buddy's 16 y/o son is paying for college on his own via an app that he wrote in High School for the iPhone... Can you imagine? Wish I would have done that.