Thread: Ok then...!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 14:56   #14
JohnLloydScharf
Unregistered

Send a message via Yahoo to JohnLloydScharf
Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Everything here is mostly light hearted humor and human.!
We laugh here , cry here and I personally have found sanctuary from the gloom and dark side..!

No one or thing is taken for granted and I for one am honored to be accepted here.! This is one of very few places I feel at home.!

You have caught me in my crying mode for I , like the others ,
Am faced with a loss and void..!

RIP TO ALL LOST TO US..!
My mother used to say, supposedly quoting the Bible, "This too shall pass." I figured out that mean all good, and bad, are not permanent. Since my Father died before I was 3 and I understood this in a very personal way. I had just learned to talk from him when he died from a concussion due to a car accident.

A line in the Patton movie talks about all glory being fleeting:
"For over a thousand years, Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of a triumph - a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeters and musicians and strange animals from the conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conqueror rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children, robed in white, stood with him in the chariot, or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror, holding a golden crown, and whispering in his ear a warning: That all glory is fleeting."

Those whom I live with when there is stress, I just say, "It'll be okay." And, eventually, it is. Even trouble is limited to a season.
[B]The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. Crime does not pay. Cogito, ergo armatus sum. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who shall guard the guardians? Born, raised, and spent most of my life in the Round-Up Capital of the World, Pendleton, Oregon... Where men are men and sheep aren't scared.
JohnLloydScharf is offline   Reply With Quote