View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 09:22   #12
BlackFratelli

Tanfoglio Witness 10mm. While its reputation isn't the best, the same could be said for myself. The gun hasn't let me down once with factory ammo. It only malfunctioned with a box of improperly loaded 10mm range reloads. Not a single malfunction with any factory ammo ive used, from 180 grain putt-putt Hornady to Double Tap and Cor-Bon nuclear loads. I even carried it for a time.

I picked it because the 1006 has the same frame as the 4506, and I couldn't shoot that gun worth a rats in DA. The combination of single stack frame and heavy DA pull meant a missed shot. I ran hundreds of rounds of .45 ACP through it and couldn't get an A zone hit in DA, ever . I changed grips, changed stances......and all in vain. It was a painful moment when I sold that gun. The 4506/1006 is a nice piece, but in a defensive scenario I may as well throw it at the scumbag.

Not only that, its impossible to acquire for under $1000-and 10mm 1911s have the same problem.

Glock's Model 20 doesn't fit my hand any better then the 4506 did, so that left the Witness. It seemed to be a risk given the online research, but its paid off in my case. The best $420 ive ever spent.

General Firearms Forum

Last edited by BlackFratelli; 07-09-2013 at 09:29..
BlackFratelli is offline   Reply With Quote