View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 13:39   #6
Choppedlow

Good deal on not having to trim the brass. I got the setup to do .223 as well, and everything I read about that starts with brass length. Makes me feel better! I have the case gauge I got from Dillon, but I use my barrel as far as checking the crimp. It can fit in the gauge and be tight in the barrel, but I do check length and make sure that my primers are all seated correctly.

Thanks for the help, everyone! I am going to make some faster loads with the longshot and see if its better with the plated bullets. The Hodgdon data magazine has the loads starting at 6.5 and goes up to 8.0! Max load in Hornady is 4.8 to 7.5. I think maybe using the ranges chrono with some 5.9 might be a good idea. All we do is shoot 15-25yrd at the range or some steel targets if its not 120 outside. And I'm cheap, so the more rounds I get out of a pound the better!

And thanks for the heads up with the Redding resizing die. I read everything I could find before I did this and came across that the .40's like to bulge with Glocks in two books. Run them till they split! Sounds good to me! I collect my brass and have different bins for how many times each has been reloaded.

I just picked up another 22, this time with the tan frame . Every time I think I should finally break down and get a 1911, I end up buying another Glock. I have a Glock (and Noveske) affliction!