View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 10:26   #47
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpadams6 View Post
I'm 100% for law abiding citizens having the right to carry firearms. However, the majority of the public will NEVER be comfortable with other citizens OPEN CARRYING in public, certainly not public schools where children are. I can carry anywhere here, but choose never to open carry, partially for this reason and more so because its just not sound safe tactics. And I fear that the more open carry there is where citizens call the police (the majority of the time) it will not only be open carry that the lib's target, but ccw as well. And we all know that the msm is definately not on our side on this one.
How do you know the majority will not accept it? That's a very blanket generic statement/opinion. I think you are wrong. I haven't had any issues with MWG while open carrying. And from the LEOs in my area, they haven't responded to very many over the last several years. Your presumption seems to be an internal fear you have; not factual.

The second underline part is the point...it is a choice. You choose not to, I choose to do so. Why should I not? Because YOU have feeling otherwise? Of course not.

To the third underlined.....Why isn't it safe tactics?

More open carry will effect CCW? Not sure I follow that train of thought. In my state it isn't so. Our legislators just passed open carry with a CCW in those places a municipality has prohibited it. they also just reduce the CCW age to 19. they also allowed teachers to carry in school.

So, no offense, you reasoning doesn't hold a lot of water with my state.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote